"please Don't Shoot The Bull"

I wonder why the negative comments keep coming from pictures of ladies with little clothes?Do you suppose there's any hope for someone who keeps trying to recommend ... you ought to think of something good to say?MOM
Seriously.....what?
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why the negative comments keep coming from pictures of ladies with little clothes?Do you suppose there's any hope for someone who keeps trying to recommend ... you ought to think of something good to say?MOM
But soft, What light through yonder window breaks? Or something like that.

Yes. English speaking.Very high intelligence.Got really good grades in writing in school.I scored in the top 1% in the country on the LSAT ... Legal Aptitude TestBUT ... I don't think you are listening or care.As if you don't know what I'm saying.ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE ?

Yes I speak English. I have a very high level of intelligence. I got really good grades in writing when I was in school. I even scored in the top 1% in the country on the LSAT ... Legal Aptitude TeimBUT ... I don't think you are listening or care.ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE ?
FYP Fixed your post (edited so people can read it and understand)

FYP?I guess this comment had no meaning to you?Hopefully, my attempt at not "offending" anyone will be successful.And this one .. a sincere request.Please Don't Shoot The BullOr this one ... Do you suppose there's any hope for someone who keeps tryingto recommend ... you ought to think of something good to say?Not possible?Couldn't possibly find anything good about SoCô¿ôL Bob?OK

FYP?I guess this comment had no meaning to you?Hopefully, my attempt at not "offending" anyone will be successful.And this one .. a sincere request.Please Don't Shoot The BullOr this one ... Do you suppose there's any hope for someone who keeps tryingto recommend ... you ought to think of something good to say?Not possible?Couldn't possibly find anything good about SoCô¿ôL Bob?OK
It means fixed your post..As in, no one understood what you were saying, so I fixed it so that people could understand what you were saying.
Yes. English speaking.Very high intelligence.Got really good grades in writing in school.I scored in the top 1% in the country on the LSAT ... Legal Aptitude Test
doubt it.
OHSo far, this is looking like it wasn't that good an idea.Crucify Me :club:
no, it's a crappy idea.PM Mods directly, don't post crap like this in a POKEr forum that no one cares or understands.You are entertaining in a freak kinda way though.so you got that going for you

You're overall humanity.Your warm and friendly considerations.Your basic goodness and understanding is truly Overwhelming.It's good that you have a place to hang out together.Reading_bible.gifProverbs 17Word

Bob I spent 4 years running my church sound board, and this really old guy once made me understand the whole secret to communication.The human brain wants to focus on distractions, be it sound feedback, or blinking lights. This allows our brain to float around and not focus, which is hard.You want to be in the communication business, but your work is too full of distractions. Take your posts, you start and stop your sentances, you over use quotes and you assume that the reader is following alog when you only type the second half of a thought.Spend more time being less impressive and more time being clear and concise.If you put as mch effort into making your sentances as you did your videos, you would convey much more info.Good luck

Bob I spent 4 years running my church sound board, and this really old guy once made me understand the whole secret to communication.The human brain wants to focus on distractions, be it sound feedback, or blinking lights. This allows our brain to float around and not focus, which is hard.You want to be in the communication business, but your work is too full of distractions. Take your posts, you start and stop your sentances, you over use quotes and you assume that the reader is following alog when you only type the second half of a thought.Spend more time being less impressive and more time being clear and concise.If you put as mch effort into making your sentances as you did your videos, you would convey much more info.Good luck
Thank YouI like the way you said this.The most important thing I like is that it appears that you care.I am very interested in what you have to say about the whole secret to communication. I'm not yet getting the sentence about distractions, but I'm interested. I really don't understand what you are telling me about my sentence structure. I guess I'm not aware that sentence structure is all that prominenton Forums and Bulletin Boards. I'm thinking that sentence structure isn't at the heart of the problem I'm having communicating.Indeed, I often get criticized for the time I take with a post {and, indeed, for editing them they way I do :club: Some people say, they don't like all the pictures. I, frankly, don't understand. I LOVE pictures.I very much appreciate your input. To me, it speaks of a human being who cares. To me, that's way imporant than the details ... especially right now.Yesterday was not a good day for me.I'm not that pleased with the most current video ... the Sneak Preview ... because I'm doubting that it can achieve it's goals.I'm not happy about being criticized all the timeI'm certainly not happy when people say they don't understand.I'm overall not happy about the nature of communications on the internet.And I do have some physical problems that occasionally amplify my concerns.I'd like to do something positive about it ... BUT Do YOU really think I could effectively communicate with "this group?"Do YOU think that the problem I'm having with these and other people is my ability to communicate?Do YOU think that's what they think?I do want to apologize. I usually like myself a lot, but not when I'm having a bad time.I've been having a bad time with the notion that I could find some folks to help me achieve my goals. I haven't found enough of those folks. I'm not sure that not finding the right way to communicate my needs and desires is the real problem. I'm thinking that more likely, whatever it is that people see, helping me is not among their desires, for themselves, and not likely to be. I'm not sure what words or sentence structure would change that. In fact, that is EXACTLY the dilemna I have had finishing the SNEAK PREVIEW.I currently don't think there's anything I could say that would achieve the goal.And I'm not that crazy about failing. I have a solution. It's personal. And, I don't think it's up to me.While I love to tell stories of achievement, especially against odds, I even more appreciate the story I happily repeat about how I quit smoking.The day before I was scheduled to quit, I said to God in my prayers ... I know my mind, my brain is not right for this. I do know the difference.It's not thinking positive thoughts.It's not thinking it can be done.It's not going to work ... again. {I smoked cigarettes for 45 years}Lord ... here we are again. I have proved to myself I cannot do a thing, but I still want it done. Now, Sir, I'm asking you.The next morning, I awoke with a thought, if I'm going to quit smoking tomorrow, why smoke 40 cigarettes today?The difference in this story is that somehow, miraculously, I never hadthat first cigarette that day ... and still haven't. July 14, 200245 years, couldn't do a thing. I acknowledged I couldn't do it. Overnight it got done.That's the kind of thing I was hoping {hopefully still am} would happen with this SNEAK PREVIEW.I'm sure you understand? Yes? That at any moment, some ONE PERSONcould call me on the phone or send me an email saying ...Bob, I understand.Bob, I like and want something very similar and I'm willing to help.And, I can afford it.AND IT WOULD ALL CHANGE!{Distraction - Poker Wisdom - You're going to have a tough time Making A Million Dollars Playing Poker .... At The $50 Table}I'm acknowledging I don't know how.I'm acknowledging I may never know how.{I'm also acknowledging and continuously promoting the notion that I believe people who set positive goals typically discover how to achieve them.}Perhaps, it has been my thought, God knows how and will help me out.I have said a number of times, God hasn't told me NO on this one, yet.But, he hasn't made it happen either, I don't think.Thanks Again ... Balloon Guy ... You have helped me make my day better.Tell me, so I know. You don't go Quack, Quack, when you bet, do you?
Thanks Again ... Balloon Guy ... You have helped me make my day better.Tell me, so I know. You don't go Quack, Quack, when you bet, do you?
Actually I usually go Hee Haw when I bet, but that's just a Freudian thing.

I'm on day 2 of quitting smoking, and reading(or attempting to) this thread has given me the jitters. Anyone want to say how wonderful they feel after qutting drinking or drugs? Start a long droning thread about it and I'll go down in a blaze of glory before the baseball game is over.

My total sympathies and prayers.Substitution .. drink lots of water ... eat fruits and vegetables ... Think about anything else.I tell you the truth. At any moment, especially at severe moments, I like the Lord's Prayer.The theory is "substitution." You respond to the pangs with "something else." You'll become addicted to the something else.I'm still working on trying to become addicted to water.Me, I was a smoker and I've spent most of my life not eating fruits and vegetables. Can you imagine taking great pride in learning to eat salad.Not SoCô¿ôLOh .. search the web for that. Quitting smoking.Excuse me while I go and get a glass of orange juice ... and some salad. :club::D:D:D

"On the original subject," I think the best advice I've received so far is ...I'm asking TOO MUCH of "the" audience.That strikes me as reasonable and would perhaps help to explain many people in many different forums saying ... I don't understand.If I talk further, the number of people who don't care, don't understand, will probably increase. For a salesperson, that's sometimes supposed to be OK odds, because 100 nos and 1 yes means 1 yes. 1 yes means progress towardsthe achievement of the goals.I confess, over the years, I've probably gotten a little tired of the nos.I would like to win over EVERYBODY So :club: NOT POSSIBLE?On the internet, people just love to tell you what they think.So, I get ... I don't understand, I don't care, who cares ... and other things.Heck, I've heard there are people in bars, screaming my name along with the F word ... Around The World. That's kind of interesting.What do people do with things they don't understand? that they don't care about?Asking TOO MUCH makes sense to me, because many timesI'm happy to ask TOO MUCH of MYSELF. That is one of the reasons I was originally attracted to the idea of "the power of the universe" ... God etc. Many of the things I've wanted to achieve in my life have "seemed" impossible to me. Who am I compared to the whole universe? Could the universe supply the power to do the things I couldn't? Maybe I don't have the power, the talent, the right words, the right actions, the right resources to achieve whatever goal, but the universe has and I know how to ASK and I can learn.If you've never done this, I guess it would make sense if you didn't understand.Trying to do it on the internet, today, may have it's unique pitfalls.Looking for a needle in a hay stack is a little more "fun" ... when you're notspending the whole time being poked by a pitch fork. BUT ... how do you eliminate the pitch forks?Besides, what I'm trying to achieve today ... wasn't possible before today.I've had real trouble finishing the Sneak Preview, because "I" don't think it's going to "work." I hate that because, if I don't think it's going to work, it's not likely to work. It's not going to find the one or two superstars that could make it happen. It certainly doesn't appear that folks by the thousands will be volunteering to buy me that $2.50 cup of coffee or a WinAMillion Lite anytime soon. {That's in the video}What is it? What is it I want to do? So far, my best notion is, I picture myself doing behind the scenes videos ... blogs ... of LOTS of Poker Superstars and others. At tournaments and at home. You would like that? Wouldn't You? Not from me? OK :D "Believing" that a highlight collection of those video blogs would be valuable on the internet ... and broadcastable ... seems reasonable to me. I know I would love to see it and I would even be willing to change my life to see it achieved. I KNOW I could create it.Attaching that concept to WinAMillionPlayingPoker was merely my own consideration of the next best thing for me to do with that one personal goal.The thought is, was, that attaching a positive goal to the videos would have a more positive meaning for the audience. In addition to being about poker and about people it would also be about setting goals. In addition to poker, many of the behind the scenes conversations would be about those other goals.I picture people being happy when I WinAMillion because they participated.You would like to Win A Million Playing Poker ... wouldn't you?We may not all be able to do that, but we could participate and follow the results of SoCô¿ôL Bob and others attempting to do so AND doing so. And "we"could be participants. It could help us individually to get closer to the goal.That's in the video. ASKING for the many to contribute and participate.So is the desire for superstars.Lessons I like - A shortcut to learning how to do a thing is to learn from someone who has done it.How many people could I currently ASK to participate as super stars?How many have won a million? What experiences did they have? What lessons did they learn?But, you see, the more I talk about the idea the more I like it ô¿~ASKING TOO MUCH ... yeah, that makes sense ... to me anyway.Sorry, apologies. You don't HAVE to write the next negative if you don't want,but you certainly CAN. Hopefully it will be informative.