Okay, so Party leaving has created a problem for me. I killed Party tournaments. I get killed on Stars. For a while it was a huge joke between myself and certain people on here (cough....Hoos...Msals) but I am seriously starting to worry. I started playing on Stars more seriously probably 4 months ago and I'm not sure I can continue to blame it on running bad. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, lee jones raindances that they can share? Adjustments you might make on Stars compared to other sites? Thanks.

It has to be in your head. Maybe you ran bad on Stars for a while, and at the same time you were running good on Party. Then you started to think that it would always be that way and it affected your decision making on stars. The cards are the same...

I ran bad on stars until June. Just look at my cashses from Jan to June. Then I went on a pretty cool heater for 2 months. Tourney poker is all variance. You'll get over it.

You have to play completely different on both sites. Its not all attributed to variance.Party has a god awful tournament structure in the normal $100 freezeouts, and pretty much after the first hour it is preflop poker. Also, the players in the higher buy-in tournaments are much worse on Party than on Stars. To be successful in the higher-buyins on Stars you will have to mix up your game and not just play ABC. This is something I am working on myself.Just experiment and try to switch your game up from what you are doing now. You CANNOT play the same style that you did on Party, because the tournaments are structured much differently and the players are far superior in the higher buyins on Stars.

I know at least 2 other people, plus myself, that find Party enourmously easy, and any other site we try to be nowhere near as easy. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but one of the guys for instance crushes 5/10NL on Party.So needless to say, our ways of life might be seriously in jeapardy with Party shutting down tomorrow. I'm worried. I'm just praying all the psycho fish find their way to full tilt with me...Mark - Its my last night on party, and yes, the sky is falling a bit :club:

it was so nice owning you tonight rdog.;)btw, how'd you finish.i got in the money, but lost a real tough hand right outside the money that hurt my chances of getting deep.- Jordan
He he. I probably would have won the whole thing if you hadn't raised when I limped from the SB, thief!!!. Nah, AK<AJ, finished way out of the money.

Another thing, while both sites start you with 75bbs, 3k(20-40) Party and 1500(10-20) stars, the amount of starting chips differs. This may have impacted your play without knowing it.

I know at least 2 other people, plus myself, that find Party enourmously easy, and any other site we try to be nowhere near as easy. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but one of the guys for instance crushes 5/10NL on Party.So needless to say, our ways of life might be seriously in jeapardy with Party shutting down tomorrow. I'm worried. I'm just praying all the psycho fish find their way to full tilt with me...Mark - Its my last night on party, and yes, the sky is falling a bit :club:
I'm with you but all these players from Party have to be going somewhere right? No one you talk to on there is planning on not playing anymore. I agree with Hoosier that the bigger buy in tournies on Stars have better players but I do think most of those players also played on Party. There were just more fish in there too so you weren't at a table with 4 ranked players like you are many times in the Stars 162.
Another thing, while both sites start you with 75bbs, 3k(20-40) Party and 1500(10-20) stars, the amount of starting chips differs. This may have impacted your play without knowing it.
This is something I have thought about. Maybe I am a head case on Stars and something like this does affect me.
I'm with you but all these players from Party have to be going somewhere right? No one you talk to on there is planning on not playing anymore. I agree with Hoosier that the bigger buy in tournies on Stars have better players but I do think most of those players also played on Party. There were just more fish in there too so you weren't at a table with 4 ranked players like you are many times in the Stars 162.This is something I have thought about. Maybe I am a head case on Stars and something like this does affect me.
Yea the tourneys on Party were bigger, with alot more wet fish. So chips were significantly easier to collect when compared to Stars. I REALLY hope these big wet fish all head over to Stars.In every way except the amount of fish...Stars>Party.

when party shuts down stars should immediately start running $20 sats for the daily $150 and even the wednesday 300, make it 2500 starting chips and same blind structure and we're set....can u imagine what the million will be like now on stars?

when party shuts down stars should immediately start running $20 sats for the daily $150 and even the wednesday 300, make it 2500 starting chips and same blind structure and we're set....can u imagine what the million will be like now on stars?
I cant believe they dont already run sats to the $150.
Sats to the 150 would definitely get us more fishies :club: . Don't you have a direct line to Lee? They are going to have to up the buy in to the Million. Seriously, 7000 people in that will be crazy.
Sats to the 150 would definitely get us more fishies :club: . Don't you have a direct line to Lee? They are going to have to up the buy in to the Million. Seriously, 7000 people in that will be crazy.
humm maybe this is y he does so good ?
I'm with you but all these players from Party have to be going somewhere right? No one you talk to on there is planning on not playing anymore. I agree with Hoosier that the bigger buy in tournies on Stars have better players but I do think most of those players also played on Party. There were just more fish in there too so you weren't at a table with 4 ranked players like you are many times in the Stars 162.This is something I have thought about. Maybe I am a head case on Stars and something like this does affect me.
For sure. I don't play a ton of tourneys, but on Party, its been significantly easier to get deep than Stars. I worry more about the cash games though. Party was such a big site for newbs, the interface was fast, etc etc. Its not so much that I think the Party players will quit. Clearly we're all heading somewhere. But its that the influx of new players could be much less now. And that works its way up the food chain no matter what level you play at. I think this is much more damaging for cash players than for tourney players, although it affects both.Anyway, gl to us all. Hopefully I can find a site I can win at other than Party, because it hasn't gone well so far. UGH!Mark
"All in after the flop I get called by bingo player with a K 3. What a stupid call. I moved all in. Any decent player would have to put me on at least a K with a decent kicker. I had 2 pair and he was beat. Of course it's THE FUCKING KRABLAR so he is dealt a K on the turn."

they don't call you rdonk for nothing sir... suck it up get a W and you will take off from there.. it's not like you haven't been close at all.. i'm sure you will come around... oh and yeah, i agree with hoosier, playing the higher limits on stars you cannot play ABC and consistently win tournaments on there

DragonD and I have been e-mailing Stars with this suggestion for like a year now. Not sure if they'll ever do it.
they don't call you rdonk for nothing sir... suck it up get a W and you will take off from there.. it's not like you haven't been close at all.. i'm sure you will come around... oh and yeah, i agree with hoosier, playing the higher limits on stars you cannot play ABC and consistently win tournaments on there
That's pretty much what I told RDog in response to his PM; you can play ABC on Party and let the dead money pay you off when you pick up a hand (people that will put their whole stack in with TPTK etc), but on Stars you need to be more aggressive and make things happen.Either that, or start transfering money to Lee Jones' account and stop when you start running well. ;-)
"All in after the flop I get called by bingo player with a K 3. What a stupid call. I moved all in. Any decent player would have to put me on at least a K with a decent kicker. I had 2 pair and he was beat. Of course it's THE FUCKING KRABLAR so he is dealt a K on the turn."
that blog was unbelievable. half the time he was crying about losing with the worst hand.in the hand he loses "never go all-in against the chip leader," we can't tell what the blinds are, but the CL has over 75K chips, and the total pot with the player all-in, and the dead big blind, is just over 4K.i guess it still amazes people that they get drawn out on when the other player has 8-10 opportunities to do so.
DragonD and I have been e-mailing Stars with this suggestion for like a year now. Not sure if they'll ever do it.
Second suggestion to Stars- A 7 PM est 5r turbo satty, and a 9 PM est $160 81 person double shootout, with the winner getting a WPT seat of their choice. They could run these year round, 2 or 3 on Sunday evenings, and have a ton of representation at WPT events. I know they are trying to protect the EPT, but I really don't think the dent would be noticable.