Online Poker At Its Finest ...

Those don't make sense...But anyway. You're obviously just dealing with the ugly side of variance. It happens, you just have to deal with it. Honestly, be glad the donkeys make those calls, they can't win in the long run, its impossible.
But sometimes? It was meant as a sarcastic remark meaning that it must be nice that you win some of those races.Matt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh another thing you could do is post this in strat. if you want advice on strat you should post in the strat forum not general. general every thread gets flamed it just how it goes so dont get mad.

Yes, I apologise, for being an idiot. The flop was rainbow and the 2 made the flush draw possible it suited the 6 I'm sorry.But sometimes ... I always lose to these draws. Seriously, in the last week I have played 25+ tournaments and have been knocked out of at least 18 of them by draws hitting on the river just like this.Matt
If you end up all in as an 80% favourite 3 times in a tournement than half the time you will end up being knocked out of that tournament on one of those hands.

Ok ... you win.I have mistyped twice. I have no idea how to play.Even if I lose more than 20% of a 80/20 race I should be thrilled that they call.I couldn't possibly be as good at the rest of the FCP army.That about cover it?Oh yea,Lock It UpYou win.Matt

But sometimes? It was meant as a sarcastic remark meaning that it must be nice that you win some of those races.Matt
You said "sometimes" you "always" lose. Nevermind, it isn't important. Just be glad that the donkeys are willing to make terrible EV decisions against you.
I'm sorry I didn't say that correctly. I meant what level would people stop CALLING with only a Jack hi flush draw.I understand that pushing with it is differant depending on position etc ...Matt
Well this depends on pot odds and implied odds? LOL.
Oh..okay. Keep up the good work, you dumb monkey. "Oooh, I've got implied odds..If I my flush hits I'm gonna win a big pot! I call!"
He didn't originally say calling all in. He intially said that THEY(villian) were pushing all in, not calling all in. sweetheart :heart:Thanks for caring...
But he did in the post you made that reply to, moron.
Ok ... you win.I have mistyped twice. I have no idea how to play.Even if I lose more than 20% of a 80/20 race I should be thrilled that they call.I couldn't possibly be as good at the rest of the FCP army.That about cover it?Oh yea,Lock It UpYou win.Matt
this post was so much better than you other ones. i actually lmao when i read this. no sw
Even if I lose more than 20% of a 80/20 race I should be thrilled that they call.
Of couse you should. You don't control what cards get dealt. Getting all the money in as an 80% favourite is about as good as you can do (well winning without a show down is better sometimes)
So ... tell me what I did wrong here.Matt
On the flop you whined about a bad beat.On the turn you probably swore at an inaminate object.On the river you pressed the New Topic Button.You played every street wrong.
If you end up all in as an 80% favourite 3 times in a tournement than half the time you will end up being knocked out of that tournament on one of those hands.
80% favourite 3 times in a tournamenthalf the time you will end up being knocked outon one of those handsBreak that down for me. How many times out of three would I get knocked out, in your example?
80% favourite 3 times in a tournamenthalf the time you will end up being knocked outon one of those handsBreak that down for me. How many times out of three would I get knocked out, in your example?
to calculate the likelihood that you get knocked out if you are 20 percent to lose three times, you take the likelihood that you won't lose any given time, and raise it to the power of however many times you're running it. so for this example:0.8 cubed = .512so 51.2 percent that you lose at least once in those three times. make some sense? doesn't that sound about right?OP, ysapky.

mod, change thread name to "I want to lose money playing poker. Can you please help me lose my money?" to those trying to answer this guy seriously... why? he said he wants to play with better players than him... let him! to OP: if you want to play with players who won't make mistakes against you, i'd advise reloading your account for 100k and playing the biggest nl games. isnt poker great? there are actually people out there, just like this guy, who truely would LIKE to lose their money.

No ... I hate when I get knocked out of tourney after tourney this way.I will set it up for you.I am UTG and I get AK suited I have 1250 in front of me. I raise to 200 with the blinds at 25-50. All fold to the button who calls with his stack of 1350. Both blinds fold.The flop comes down K-8-6 rainbow. I make a 150 chip bet to knock out the straight draw. Button calls.The turn brings a 2. Now the 8 and 6 are suited in spades. I assume that there is a whole host of draws out there I push all in. Button calls.His hand is turned up J-3 spades ... river is a spade. I'm out. So ... tell me what I did wrong here.Matt
I"ll tell you what you did wrong, you made it Cheap on the flop for villian to be able to see a cheap turn thereforre chances of improving and ultimatly having a risk of being sucked out on! Just PUSH ON THE FLOP! If you keep playing like a Wuss! Or FancyPlaySyndrome than this is going to be occuring, over, and Over, and OVER AGAIN! :club:
Just PUSH ON THE FLOP! If you keep playing like a Wuss! Or FancyPlaySyndrome than this is going to be occuring, over, and Over, and OVER AGAIN!
If you push on the flop, the idiot will call for sure as a 2:1 underdog. That's an easy call for them since they're calling after the turn as a 4:1 underdog. I'd rather push after the turn card to give them one chance to suckout and not two.
If you push on the flop, the idiot will call for sure as a 2:1 underdog. That's an easy call for them since they're calling after the turn as a 4:1 underdog. I'd rather push after the turn card to give them one chance to suckout and not two.
I think the final version was that they turned the flush draw. So on the flop they were under 6% to win (needing runner-runner flush, two pair or trips). Then again I didn't really keep up with the changes.

Switch places! If you think people sucking out is likely chase flushs. It's not rocket science, you were winning the hand but got unlucky. It happens, you want people calling there. If you don't, quit. Seriously just stop, because you have no concept of what poker is about.

Learn to bet like a man instead of 150 chips into a 450+ chip pot.Not to mention, you actually thought you were pricing out the draws with that small of a bet?Sounds like you're playing above your level mate, not below it.Cheerio.- Crash