It's Time To Fight!

I don’t claim to be more intelligent, informed or important than anyone else. However, I’ve worked very hard in this business for a long time and have earned somewhat of a name. My hope is that by expressing my views publicly I can help motivate others to take some kind of action against what I see as an abuse of trust by our elected representatives. The process of legislating morality took a big step here. If nothing is done to stop it, we are all subject to be living under the edicts of a few self-righteous politicians. While I don’t expect a miracle by speaking out, it’s better than doing nothing.
qftWelcome Blair. Also,Mark, my daughter is 2 and when I ask her to count she counts like this:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, jack, queen, king, Ace!I know that Jamie gold said something about him doing that at an early age so what once was really cute now just annoys me. Just kidding. It still is cute.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks, that post made my day. Just shut of avs, now I can play online with my daughter AND surf FCP at the same time. My life is complete!!!Mark
No problem. That's just how I roll. On a related note, congrats on your recent cash.
I hope this is the right place to post this. This forum seems to have had a lot of issues with posting procedures, none of which I was aware of, nor could I have been when I made my first post here. I post on several forums and have never run into anything like I did here. If your forum is to grow, you all should treat new posters as assets, not targets for criticism. However, there are enough good people here that I’d like to continue to participate and hopefully contribute something. As far as my post goes, I was simply stating my opinion on the gambling bill. My main points were:-To express my outrage at the way the bill was put through. I know it has been discussed on all forums in depth, but adding another voice to the outcry can’t hurt.-To express my disappointment that the sites haven’t had a stronger response, and urge them to join together and pool their resources to form a united front against this act, using their financial clout and access to high-profile people to present our case in the mass media. While I didn’t have time to scour this site for someone presenting a similar idea, as I assumed there would be since I was beaten down with accusations of posting things that had been discussed in depth, I did so this morning, reading many pages of posts. I didn’t find anyone expressing this viewpoint, although I admit it could be in here somewhere.I don’t claim to be more intelligent, informed or important than anyone else. However, I’ve worked very hard in this business for a long time and have earned somewhat of a name. My hope is that by expressing my views publicly I can help motivate others to take some kind of action against what I see as an abuse of trust by our elected representatives. The process of legislating morality took a big step here. If nothing is done to stop it, we are all subject to be living under the edicts of a few self-righteous politicians. While I don’t expect a miracle by speaking out, it’s better than doing nothing.
There are plenty of decent posters in the strat forums.Each forum has its own specials and interests, so just deal with it. This forum is just like the real poker world, plenty of monkeys and donkeys. But you never know what you gonna get. Expressing outrage/disappointments = -EV. Do you steam? Can you turn something -EV to +EV?I don't know who you are and I don't care, but seriously, your first post offered nothing insight and the similar topics have been discussed over and over again.If you want to save the poker world, talk to your friends and more knowledgeable people, discuss more indepth ideas/solutions, and come back to guide us.Good luck.jkosfcp
There are plenty of decent posters in the strat forums.Each forum has its own specials and interests, so just deal with it. This forum is just like the real poker world, plenty of monkeys and donkeys. But you never know what you gonna get. Expressing outrage/disappointments = -EV. Do you steam? Can you turn something -EV to +EV?I don't know who you are and I don't care, but seriously, your first post offered nothing insight and the similar topics have been discussed over and over again.If you want to save the poker world, talk to your friends and more knowledgeable people, discuss more indepth ideas/solutions, and come back to guide us.Good luck.jkosfcp
Did you even read the thread or just pick 3 random replies and post after that?Blair is an accomplished pro gambler and published author. Not to mention an outstanding ambassador for the game of poker.No I am not kissing his ass. I am actually not a big fan of his playing style at all. However I welcome him to the forums as someone who does have a very interesting point of view to add to any discussion.Blair is on a crusade to raise awareness. He is hitting as many popular forums as possible with the same message. He does not have time to sign up for a new account on all of them AND search for the proper topics. Besides, his insight into the online sights dumping there would be US advertising dollars into lobbying and raising awareness is an excellent point. And one that has not been discussed excessively as previously accused.By the way, that is a rediculously offensive avatar. I don't personally find it offensive but I do risk getting fired for having that avatar visable at work.You might take that into consideration.Or not. Your choice.Thanks
Why do I have a feeling, that if DN made Blair's post, all you people criticizing him for discussing something that had already been brought up in multiple threads would not have said a word?If you don't appreciate Blair's thoughts, then (gasp) don't read/respond to them. These kind of posts are not needed, and only make the forum look very bad IMHO. Steve's posts earlier in the thread hit the nail on the head...If you don't know who he is and don't care, then just go to the next thread about what Ivey is doing on FTP, or what 'Flipaments' are going on tonight. I personally would love for Blair to continue to post here, in the hope that he will share his thoughts on subjects other then this. Honestly, I'm truly embarrassed by my association with this forum after reading this thread.
Why do I have a feeling, that if DN made Blair's post, all you people criticizing him for discussing something that had already been brought up in multiple threads would not have said a word?If you don't appreciate Blair's thoughts, then (gasp) don't read/respond to them. These kind of posts are not needed, and only make the forum look very bad IMHO. Steve's posts earlier in the thread hit the nail on the head...If you don't know who he is and don't care, then just go to the next thread about what Ivey is doing on FTP, or what 'Flipaments' are going on tonight. I personally would love for Blair to continue to post here, in the hope that he will share his thoughts on subjects other then this. Honestly, I'm truly embarrassed by my association with this forum after reading this thread.
QFMFT seems so cliche here but so true.
Mark, my daughter is 2 and when I ask her to count she counts like this:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, jack, queen, king, Ace!
LOL I love it. Kaelyn (my daughter) counts normal, but does know the hand rankings, and is getting really good at knowing when to fold pf. I'm going to have to teach her to count through Ace high. Totally adorable!Mark

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST THE MOST IGNORANT PEOPLE AROUND. WHO CARES IF HE MADE A NEW POST,iT WAS HIS FIRST POST AND WANTED IT TOO BE HEARD,NOT GET IT LOST IN THE OTHER POSTS!!! I DONT THINK THERE IS A SORTAGE OF THREAD SPACE ON THE INTERNET ?IT WAS JUST A NEW THREAD YOU HERO TROOLS,WHY ALWAYS THE "LOCK IT UP",...LIKE YOUR IMPORTANT AND THE MODS DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THERE JOB UNTIL THEY READ UR "LOCK IT UP" COMMENT,..HOW ABOUT LOCK YOU UP!ANY THREAD THAT IS TRYING TO MAKE A STOP TO THIS BILL IS WORTHWHILE AND ANY RESPECTABLE PRO THAT IS TRYING TO HELP OUT AND POST DESERVES SOME RESPECT FROM FCP. I SEE WHY OTHER FORUMS DONT TAKE THIS ONE SEROUIS. AND NO IM NOT HANGING FROM BLAIRS NUTZ,JUST SHOCKED AT THE LACK OF RESPECT FOR SOMEONE JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT. NOT LIKE HE WAS TRYING TO PROMOTE HIMSELF OR HIS WEBSITE ETC.

very well said, i wish i wrote this
However, there are enough good people here that I’d like to continue to participate and hopefully contribute something.
glad you decided to be the bigger man.for the regulars who posted they were embarassed at this thread, or we suck, or whatever else, i'm sure you can find the door. i'm serious - some of these people are the best contributors to the forum, but they're also the people well aware that if you're looking for the best strategy discussion or most strictly poker-related stuff, this is not the forum for you.saying you're embarassed by general poker or any stuff like this is counterproductive, and frankly, makes you look like a tool.
glad you decided to be the bigger man.for the regulars who posted they were embarassed at this thread, or we suck, or whatever else, i'm sure you can find the door. i'm serious - some of these people are the best contributors to the forum, but they're also the people well aware that if you're looking for the best strategy discussion or most strictly poker-related stuff, this is not the forum for you.saying you're embarassed by general poker or any stuff like this is counterproductive, and frankly, makes you look like a tool.
good pointwhy try to improve peoples attitudes toward each other?we should just ignore it and pretend its not a problemwell said
LOL.For some reason _you_ thinking I look like a tool really doesn't bother me too much. As for 'finding the door', I'm quite capable of that. I'm not a drama queen who would threaten to leave an online forum for attention, but if this is going to be the prevailing attitude then I might regret that view. Alas, I'd miss knowing when one of my friends on the site (JC, Justin, Peter etc) were at a FT, so then I'd have to be on AIM more, which I grimace at the thought of. So, out of sheer laziness, I doubt I will.
good pointwhy try to improve peoples attitudes toward each other?we should just ignore it and pretend its not a problemwell said
yeah, that's what i said. obviously there's plenty of tools on this forum, so do you think that saying you're embarassed by it and that it sucks is going to improve it? obviously not.
LOL.For some reason _you_ thinking I look like a tool really doesn't bother me too much. As for 'finding the door', I'm quite capable of that. I'm not a drama queen who would threaten to leave an online forum for attention, but if this is going to be the prevailing attitude then I might regret that view. Alas, I'd miss knowing when one of my friends on the site (JC, Justin, Peter etc) were at a FT, so then I'd have to be on AIM more, which I grimace at the thought of. So, out of sheer laziness, I doubt I will.
gotcha, personal attacks. im sure my posts were carefully read and considered. since you decided to attack, i'll defend myself by saying that i think i contribute quite a lot of what people come to this forum to find. take that how you will.we all know that there are better places on the web for strategy discussion, even though FCP has its share of good players and good discussion. the appearance of strat posters in general is welcome, since their opinions are often more relevant than the average poster there. however, since those appearances are almost never productive, general could do without them. if the tools were simply ignored, the forum would be improved. people coming in with holier-than-thou attitudes, mocking them, expressing embarassment that they think the tools are representing them and then going back to their hidey holes does nothing to improve the quality of posts.if quality posters simply came in and made quality posts, the tools would die down, and good discussion would ensue.
yeah, that's what i said. obviously there's plenty of tools on this forum, so do you think that saying you're embarassed by it and that it sucks is going to improve it? obviously not.
it certainly can't hurt, can it?if by people saying they are embarrassed by the lack of class sometimes shown on this forum, it gets one person to act like less of a jerk, then i think it improves it.if it doesn't, c'est la vie
gotcha, personal attacks. im sure my posts were carefully read and considered. since you decided to attack, i'll defend myself by saying that i think i contribute quite a lot of what people come to this forum to find. take that how you will.
You do realize calling someone a tool would probably be considered by most people to be a personal attack, don't you?If you take what I said as an insult, then I don't know what to tell you. All I said was the truth - your opinion of me doesn't bother me at all. Just as I was being truthful when I said I was embarrassed by this thread. If you think the best way to deal with a problem is to ignore it and hope it goes away, then I'm going to have to disagree with you, and be thankful that every civil rights leader in this world's history did not share your philosophy.
it certainly can't hurt, can it?if by people saying they are embarrassed by the lack of class sometimes shown on this forum, it gets one person to act like less of a jerk, then i think it improves it.if it doesn't, c'est la vie
well, except its another negative post, and shows that even the forum vets don't have anything to add.
You do realize calling someone a tool would probably be considered by most people to be a personal attack, don't you?If you take what I said as an insult, then I don't know what to tell you. All I said was the truth - your opinion of me doesn't bother me at all. Just as I was being truthful when I said I was embarrassed by this thread. If you think the best way to deal with a problem is to ignore it and hope it goes away, then I'm going to have to disagree with you, and be thankful that every civil rights leader in this world's history did not share your philosophy.
The 'tool' comment was not directed at you personally.I am not insulted by your comments, just pointing out that you added as little to the thread as the posts you mocked.Laughable that you think i'm ignoring this problem though. Not like i've made half a dozen detailed posts explaining the problem and possible solutions in this thread alone. I'm really not sure how to respond to your last sentence, since it is beyond absurd. It actually is almost verbatim of a whiny "i'm running away" note i left my parents when i was 9.on this topic, i think this thread has potential:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=77216&hl=edit - apparently, that thread has already gone to crap. oh well, hopefully it can be salvaged.
The 'tool' comment was not directed at you personally.I am not insulted by your comments, just pointing out that you added as little to the thread as the posts you mocked.Laughable that you think i'm ignoring this problem though. Not like i've made half a dozen detailed posts explaining the problem and possible solutions in this thread alone. I'm really not sure how to respond to your last sentence, since it is beyond absurd. It actually is almost verbatim of a whiny "i'm running away" note i left my parents when i was 9.on this topic, i think this thread has potential:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=77216&hl=edit - apparently, that thread has already gone to crap. oh well, hopefully it can be salvaged.
Alright, I had a long post responding to you typed out but I deleted it. I don't want to pollute Blair's thread with anymore of this nonsense, and to be perfectly honest, I'm disappointed in myself for even beginning to credit that post with a reply. Good luck at the tables!
Alright, I had a long post responding to you typed out but I deleted it. I don't want to pollute Blair's thread with anymore of this nonsense, and to be perfectly honest, I'm disappointed in myself for even beginning to credit that post with a reply. Good luck at the tables!
i guess it was silly to think a thoughtful, well-articulated and helpful post would be deserving a reply. im glad no philosophical leaders ever felt that way :club: i do agree that this argument was not in the best taste, and feel a little silly for having it. hopefully blair decides to come back in the future, when our forum is great again.
i guess it was silly to think a thoughtful, well-articulated and helpful post would be deserving a reply. im glad no philosophical leaders ever felt that way :club: i do agree that this argument was not in the best taste, and feel a little silly for having it. hopefully blair decides to come back in the future, when our forum is great again.
Ha...It's not that I thought your post wasn't articulate enough to deserve a response, but you made a blatant attempt to get a reaction out of me with the 'whiny running away note' comment after beginning your post with saying you weren't attacking me personally.That and your definitions of verbatim (yeah yeah I know you put almost in front of it but still! ;-) ) and mocking were far from my own, but besides that, I didn't have much of a problem with it. :-) I agree that hopefully Blair continues to post from time to time. His knowledge of the game is surpassed by very few on the site, and he seems to have the best interest of the game at heart.As for the state of general, I can honestly say not much of the BS bothers me. Ha, I was and still am an RGPer so I'm used to having to sift through crap. ;-) Reading people's replies to Blair though hit a nerve, and I reacted. I'm fairly certain I've never made a 'general sucks' type post prior to that, and I really wasn't thinking of it as a 'general poker forum' problem at the time, moreso a thread specific problem. That being said, I understand why people view general with disdain.
Ha...It's not that I thought your post wasn't articulate enough to deserve a response, but you made a blatant attempt to get a reaction out of me with the 'whiny running away note' comment after beginning your post with saying you weren't attacking me personally.That and your definitions of verbatim (yeah yeah I know you put almost in front of it but still! ;-) ) and mocking were far from my own, but besides that, I didn't have much of a problem with it. :-) I agree that hopefully Blair continues to post from time to time. His knowledge of the game is surpassed by very few on the site, and he seems to have the best interest of the game at heart.As for the state of general, I can honestly say not much of the BS bothers me. Ha, I was and still am an RGPer so I'm used to having to sift through crap. ;-) Reading people's replies to Blair though hit a nerve, and I reacted. I'm fairly certain I've never made a 'general sucks' type post prior to that, and I really wasn't thinking of it as a 'general poker forum' problem at the time, moreso a thread specific problem. That being said, I understand why people view general with disdain.
yeah, i almost didn't post that inflammatory part, but it was so close to the note i left i couldn't resist.good luck out there
Exactly my thoughts. I had no idea who he is, but that doesn't change anything. I would have posted what I posted no matter who he said he was.As far as sexually suggestive avatars, I believe there is a feature here that lets you turn off avatars, just to ensure that PG feel. That, or you could just deal with it.
That's what makes you one of the douchebags that has nothing better to do with their time than post worthly dribble on forums all day. Before you argue let me remind you of your "Ryans Steakhouse" thread that you tried to play off as your story but was later revealed that you stole it from a three year old post elsewhere. Get a life.
Could not have said it better myself! Well done sir! :club:
Ryan's Steakhouse was plagerized ?Is there a way to block avatars ? I've checked the manager, but I can't find it.
Under my controls - go under options and then board settings. Select no under the option for viewing avatars
Ryan's Steakhouse was plagerized ?Is there a way to block avatars ? I've checked the manager, but I can't find it.
if you have firefox, you can block images. I tried that with one person's avatar but since we can upload avs directly here, it blocks out all avs.