Party To Ban Us Players Soon

From my understanding, the only sites who are likely to ban US players are Party, Stars, and Pacific. I'm pulling my money out of Party and Stars, but leaving it in FullTilt for now.Sad day for poker, and a sad day for freedom.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Party and all other sites should get togheter and get WTO involved, US limiting their business and thats against all that WTO stand for and US is a member of.Im not sure that will work, but they should for sure look into that possibility.Party and all other companies that are from EU and listed on London stock exchange should get help from EU aswell, Maybe we in EU should stop american bikes (HD) or whatever as they threaten to do when US started to have extra steel tax from european steel supliers to protect american compaines. Im sure they will find ways in one way or another.

Australians all let us rejoiceFor we are young and freeWe've golden soil and wealth for toil,Our home is girt by sea:Our land abounds in nature's giftsOf beauty rich and rare,In history's page let every stageAdvance Australia fair,In joyful strains then let us singAdvance Australia fair.Beneath our radiant Southern Cross, We'll toil with hearts and hands,To make this Commonwealth of oursRenowned of all the lands,For those who've come across the seasWe've boundless plains to share,With courage let us all combineTo advance Australia fair.In joyful strains then let us sing,Advance Australia fair.

QTF!I don't get it, all that Bush is saying is "defending freedom of us citizens." And now this.. freedom indeed.. :club:
Bush has nothing to do with this. It is simply an abuse of the system by Frist and other members of Congress to get their agendas pushed across. We are in an uproar, but this will go unnoticed by 95% of Americans.
I can see Bill Frists office building from my window right now. Any ideas?
Any ideas...I'm renting the movies Hostel, Saw, and Saw II as we speak.
Bush has nothing to do with this. It is simply an abuse of the system by Frist and other members of Congress to get their agendas pushed across. We are in an uproar, but this will go unnoticed by 95% of Americans.
But Bush could veto is right? Will he?
But Bush could veto is right? Will he?
Umm, he could, but first off, he has almost never used his veto power in 6 years. Also, he sees Port Security Bill, and there's no way he can veto that.
Umm, he could, but first off, he has almost never used his veto power in 6 years. Also, he sees Port Security Bill, and there's no way he can veto that.
even if it was vetoed, the house voted so overwhelmingly in favor of it, they would overturn the veto
I am a long time lurker at this fine site. Like everybody else I am really dismayed at the US government's actions right now.Firstly I would like to say you don't need to be scared about your party funds being suspended and not returned. US accounts will be suspended but those funds are not party assests - they are held in seperate accounts and cannot be used by party to extinguish their liabilities. No need to rush and withdraw funds.Secondly I would like to share my story. I am a small business owner, married with one son. I have been playing at party for 3 years now. I play the lowest limit holdem game 4-5 hours a day Mon-Sat. I average a $20-$30 profit each day and really count on this $500 per month to pay for my son's schooling. I will certainly be losing this income within the next 2 weeks.I am an ex pat aussie and will be forced to have my dad setup an account in his name back home just to skirt this ridiculous law. But what of my neighbour who does not have this luxury? Alot of folks really need this income. I am furious at the US government right now. For the past 5 years they have been taking away rights from US citizens and who knows where it will end? What right do they have to tell us we are not smart enough or responsible enough to make online wagers? This is a sad day for this country. Now I fully understand the differnece between a democracy and a republic. Thank god for Australia.
You are making 5 to 6 bucks an hour playing poker. If you really need the money, just work part time to earn that extra 500 a month.
QFT. These riders happen all the time, screwing people over right at left. But none of us have ever been in an uproar about it. Same with the rest of the people out there now that its happening to us. They won't know and/or care. :club:
QTF!I don't get it, all that Bush is saying is "defending freedom of us citizens." And now this.. freedom indeed.. :club:
you americans take everthing to the extreme to suit your needs.i think when he said "defend the freedom of us citizens" he was reffering to the right to no have your head blown off my a terrorist.and to expatausside:you are furious at your govt?the govt cant suit everybodies needs. that is impossible. they just suit the needs of the majority of the country and that is to be expected.while i dont support the decision, i am just saying you guys need to chill.not everything will be going your way in life.

And of course I get a decent score on Party just before they ban us. Does anyone know if their cash out limits (depending on the method) are daily or weekly?

you americans take everthing to the extreme to suit your needs.i think when he said "defend the freedom of us citizens" he was reffering to the right to no have your head blown off my a terrorist.and to expatausside:you are furious at your govt?the govt cant suit everybodies needs. that is impossible. they just suit the needs of the majority of the country and that is to be expected.while i dont support the decision, i am just saying you guys need to chill.not everything will be going your way in life.
go fuck yourself in the ass with a rusty spoon. NO LUBE.
freedom to not get your head blown off? do you read what you write?
What's wrong with you? Are you always this much of a pu.ssy? Fight for your rights man...geeze.

I'm literally speechless. I can't stress enough to everyone how important it is to join www.pokerplayersalliance.org. Anything we can do to stop this injustice from happening we have to do it. I play poker for a living and recently moved to Philadelphia. Luckily, I'm close enough to Atlantic City to go play there a lot, but I may have to get a part time job or something to compensate for the fact that I can play online poker any time I want. This really ****ing sucks. **** Bill Frist. www.pokerplayersalliance.org

this is why I've always hated the ability of a congressman to "tack on" a provision to bill at the last minute. Its probably one of the shadiest things done in Washington (outside of Mark Foley's sent items). the tacked on items rarely get noticed by those voting on them, and its ridiculously simple for something completely different to be put with a bill on its way through, i.e. internet gambling with port security. That makes a lot of sense.
Australians all let us rejoice
Nobody cares that you're from Australia, nobody thinks you're special because Australia doesn't have this law.PS I'm not from the states but I feel for you guys.
You are making 5 to 6 bucks an hour playing poker. If you really need the money, just work part time to earn that extra 500 a month.
Wow, you're a genius! Shut up if you've got nothing useful to say.