How Would You Play It

I took this from our local "league" discussion board here in Wisconsin.Sorry I dont have all the info regarding position etc, but given the info what do you do? Of course we probably play the game a little different than most of these folks but just interested in opinions.This is a 1/2 cash game, live.

$22 dollar pot pre-flop. 4 players in the hand. holding 5-4 h. Flop: Ad - Jh - 3h. Ollie is first to act and goes all-in for 38 dollars. Call or not to call?
I took this from our local "league" discussion board here in Wisconsin.Sorry I dont have all the info regarding position etc, but given the info what do you do? Of course we probably play the game a little different than most of these folks but just interested in opinions.This is a 1/2 cash game, live.
Like it was already mentioned, you need to call 38 to win 60. You are getting about 1.5 to 1 and you have a hand that could be anywhere from a toss up to 2 to 1 so a call might not be a bad play. Against AK you're almost even money, against top two it's about 1.5 to 1, and agaist a set it's 2:1. This is a live game so it would really depend on how this guy plays, what kind of hands does he make this kind of move with? Also, I would consider where you are with relation to other players still left to act, if there are loose players behind you that would call this down with hearts then it's an automatic fold, if you are last to act then it comes down to your read.
Against AK you're almost even money, against top two it's about 1.5 to 1, and agaist a set it's 2:1.
You could easily be up against Ax hearts in which case you're drawing to your gutshot or runners. If you hit your flush, it still may not be best, so that must be taken into consideration when figuring outs.
You could easily be up against Ax hearts in which case you're drawing to your gutshot or runners. If you hit your flush, it still may not be best, so that must be taken into consideration when figuring outs.
Good point. I just think someone would be less likely to move all in with Ax of hearts in this case but again we don't know if he's first to act or what, all depends on the player. Moral = What is your read?

Yes, you're right... "someone" is very much more less likely to move in with Ax of hearts.Someone please kill this thread.

Good point. I just think someone would be less likely to move all in with Ax of hearts in this case but again we don't know if he's first to act or what, all depends on the player. Moral = What is your read?

"How would you play it?"I wouldn't. I would have folded it preflop.I would also fold on the flop since I'm behind, and only getting 1.5 to one on my money, chasing a baby flush and gutshot straight draw. Even if I make my hand, I may be beat by a higher flush.Bottom line, I wouldn't have called the preflop raise that was necessary to generate a 22 dollar pot with 54s. It's a drawing hand. Draws are death in NL, save 54s for limit holdem, unless you can limp in late position with many callers.