Relationship Advice From A Poker Forum?

Ya, ya I know, bbfidts, etc....however I spend a lot of my time on this forum, and respect the opinions of "some" of the posters here, so I thoughtI'd throw this one out to the masses in o/t.Readers digest version of the story goes like this....I started seeing a girl that I work with. (ya ya ya, I know) In the first 6 months of our relationship, it's been the best of times, and the worst of times, all rolled in to one. Things for the most partare great. We talk about most everything, she's supportive of my pokerplaying, share a lot of the same goals and ideals in life, etc.On the other hand though, I've caught her flat out lying to me, in the neighbourhood of a half dozen or so times. All of the times have to dowith other guys, and *most* of them are people from her past. One of them,however, is a friend of mine that she had a bit of history with.....She at first lied to me and said nothing had ever happened between them...Then she finally admitted that "something" had, but "it was nothing"...Promised me that was "it". Then a few days later I found out there wasmore to the story. She again promised me THAT was "it". Then I foundan email that she sent to HIM basically telling him what details SHE had toldme, so that if I came to him, they'd have their stories straight. Then I found out MORE details about what had happened. I honestly still don't know if I know the whole deal.Ever since, I've had doubts about anything and everything she tells me.Anyone been through anything similar? Is it possible to regain trust in someone once you've been burned? What should I do??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:club: Why even bother to ask?Stop asking for relationship advice on poker forums and SIIHP.But seriously, if you really have caught her lying 6 times then think of all the times you didnt catch her. Either accept that she will lie about some(a lot of?) things or break up with her if this is unacceptable. I think only you can say which is the better option.
On the other hand though, I've caught her flat out lying to me, in the neighbourhood of a half dozen or so times. All of the times have to dowith other guys, and *most* of them are people from her past. One of them,however, is a friend of mine that she had a bit of history with.....
Unfortunatly, this part sounds all too familiar to me. Sorry to say, I don't think this girl can be trusted much.In my experience, the more that a woman lies, the better she gets at covering her tracks and/or always having an explanation to rationalize it, and she will probably lie more often.It's a bad sign that she spends time with guys she's already been with.When I break up with a girl, and we say we're gonna "stay friends", that pretty much means I'm gonna be civil if I happen to run into her, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to see her much just for friendship.If I decide to hang out with her again down the road, it's basically because I think it will be easy to hook up again since we've already done it before.Just my .02, but I get a bad vibe from this situation.

This may shed some light and maybe help you out. A few weeks ago, I was searching things on the internet and I was trying to find out what is the average amount of sexual partners a guy has compared to a girl. What I found was that past surveys were skewed. As women, we are told that we should only have sex with men that we love. So, by habit, we tend not to count one night stands or brief relationships. On the other hand, men tend to round up when talking about their sexual partners. If a man was with 7 women, in stead of saying 7 he is more likely to say 10. So, due do pressures for society and human nature, women tend to downplay their sexual partners where men tend to up the amount.This is why it has become acceptable for men to have many partners and women are expected to have a few. But if you think about this, how can a man have many more partners than a woman would have? Are you sleeping with each other? The math does not make sense. In reality, the quantity of sexual partners is about equal. Men and women both have sex. The thing is, if she says it was no big deal, then honestly, in her oppinion, it does not count. She probably feels regret since she didn't have any true warm feelings. My advice, stop asking. If you want to have unprotected sex, then you both get test done, plan a solid birth control method and make some sort of commitment and move forward. There is no need to try to find out lies in the past that are not really lies. No woman wants to feel like a slut. It is a shame we have such a double standard in our society. Be careful when discussing past relationships. We all have had those one night stands that we care to forget.

This may shed some light and maybe help you out. A few weeks ago, I was searching things on the internet and I was trying to find out what is the average amount of sexual partners a guy has compared to a girl. What I found was that past surveys were skewed. As women, we are told that we should only have sex with men that we love. So, by habit, we tend not to count one night stands or brief relationships. On the other hand, men tend to round up when talking about their sexual partners. If a man was with 7 women, in stead of saying 7 he is more likely to say 10. So, due do pressures for society and human nature, women tend to downplay their sexual partners where men tend to up the amount.This is why it has become acceptable for men to have many partners and women are expected to have a few. But if you think about this, how can a man have many more partners than a woman would have? Are you sleeping with each other? The math does not make sense. In reality, the quantity of sexual partners is about equal. Men and women both have sex. The thing is, if she says it was no big deal, then honestly, in her oppinion, it does not count. She probably feels regret since she didn't have any true warm feelings. My advice, stop asking. If you want to have unprotected sex, then you both get test done, plan a solid birth control method and make some sort of commitment and move forward. There is no need to try to find out lies in the past that are not really lies. No woman wants to feel like a slut. It is a shame we have such a double standard in our society. Be careful when discussing past relationships. We all have had those one night stands that we care to forget.
You're a whore and you've missed the point completely. Stop reading articles that justify being a whore, its just other whores trying to get more good girls to be whores, so they dont look so whorish.bdc, she's a liar. Difficult as it is, you need to seperate the you that wants to have sex, and deep down wants to really love this girl from the practical you that makes smart decisions. Do you want to be, can you be, involved with a habitual liar? I can't deal with that, but it sounds like that's what she is. Dont fear getting rid of that cancer. Good luck.
You're a whore and you've missed the point completely. Stop reading articles that justify being a whore, its just other whores trying to get more good girls to be whores, so they dont look so whorish.bdc, she's a liar. Difficult as it is, you need to seperate the you that wants to have sex, and deep down wants to really love this girl from the practical you that makes smart decisions. Do you want to be, can you be, involved with a habitual liar? I can't deal with that, but it sounds like that's what she is. Dont fear getting rid of that cancer. Good luck.
You are probobly a 17 year old virgin that also missed the point.No matter how stupid the first paragraph of your post was, I have to agree with the 2nd. RUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
What should I do??
Ditch her, she's not worth the effort it would take to work it out. Any girl who would actually "get the story straight" with another guy behind your back just isn't worth your time. SIIHP first though...obviously.
:club: This sounds like you're condoning the lying, based on your theory that women lie about the number of sexual partners they've had due to societal pressure. Like she's off the hook for lying....you're excusing it.....because she has a "legitimate" reason for doing that? Because "society" has made her have to lie to avoid looking like a slut?I'm truly scratching my head here.The point isn't WHAT she's lying about. It's the fact that she's lying. Period. You've gone off on some sort of tangent here on a sociological postulate, that is missing the key issue.....lying. "Society made me do it?" How convenient for her.
I'm truly scratching my head here.The point isn't WHAT she's lying about. It's the fact that she's lying. Period. You've gone off on some sort of tangent here on a sociological postulate, that is missing the key issue.....lying. "Society made me do it?" How convenient for her.
Thank you. And for the record....Im 18 and have gotten the tip in a little, once.
:club: This sounds like you're condoning the lying, based on your theory that women lie about the number of sexual partners they've had due to societal pressure. Like she's off the hook for lying....you're excusing it.....because she has a "legitimate" reason for doing that? Because "society" has made her have to lie to avoid looking like a slut?I'm truly scratching my head here.The point isn't WHAT she's lying about. It's the fact that she's lying. Period. You've gone off on some sort of tangent here on a sociological postulate, that is missing the key issue.....lying. "Society made me do it?" How convenient for her.
Someone ban this chick already.

well, she's lying because maybe she's embarrassed about the truth and doesn't want you to know the truth about her history with this guy. That's fine, but the fact she's going to great lengths to cover it up should concern you. It all depends on how deeply you feel for this girl. If you really think you can fall in love with this girl, sit her down and discuss the lying, (not the situation with the guy, because that is irrelevant) tell her she can't lie about things to you.Either get past it and work on building a trust for her (by her earning it) and never bring that incident up again or get rid of her. There is no middle ground.You can't stay with her and start "watching" her or monitoring her emails and phone calls. If you start worrying about who she's talking to and where she is, it is no longer worth it.Cum on her face though, either way

Thank you. And for the record....Im 18 and have gotten the tip in a little, once.
'maybe, but you're still as dumb as a bag of hammers
maybe, but you're still as dumb as a bag of hammers
YES!! My forum dreams realized, I've been slandered by Ron_Mexico, what an honor. Hey Ron, maybe you can mail me a bottle of your piss to pour on my face in front of my family. And while Im doing it, I'll proudly proclaim, "This is Ron Mexico's piss." (I'll let a little dribble into my mouth for effect.) Let me know about that.
YES!! My forum dreams realized, I've been slandered by Ron_Mexico, what an honor. Hey Ron, maybe you can mail me a bottle of your piss to pour on my face in front of my family. And while Im doing it, I'll proudly proclaim, "This is Ron Mexico's piss." (I'll let a little dribble into my mouth for effect.) Let me know about that.
Where do you live. He might be willing to come and piss on your head in front of your family for free. He really tries to give all he can to his fans.
This was one of the best quotes ever!! :club::D:D:D I can't stop laughing
Dude, you're new here so I'll clue you in. Tempting Mr. Mexico with the idea of sending his fluids through US Mail is a less than good idea. He's PMing you for your address right now...*Edit* Ok, maybe you're not "new", just "inexperienced in the ways of OT"

I think the more important issue is whether or not she lied to you about something she's done since you've been together. Maybe she's just embarrassed about things she did with your friend. Now I'm not justifying it or anything, but maybe you're making a big deal out of it, which could actually be one of the reasons she decided to lie to you in the first place. Do you tend to blow things out of porportion? Sit down and talk with her. Let her know that it's ok to be honest with you about her past, and that you won't judge her. She'll open up. It's all about faith.

You're a whore and you've missed the point completely.
Regardless of the actual truth of this quote, it was freaking hilarious.
Regardless of the actual truth of this quote, it was freaking hilarious.
Yeah, hope you're not still banned by the time AC comes around, Myenemy.I think the point isn't whether she doesn't want to get into her past sexual history. The point is: instead of just being wishy-washy or changing the subject, she straight up lied like 3 times.My suggestion: fall out of caring/loving her, and just have fun with it. Don't make plans, don't care if you drop her next week or she drops you. If for some reason something serious does happen and you're SURE the feeling is mutual, you can bring it up to her and drop the hammer. Until then, just keep it casual.
I think the more important issue is whether or not she lied to you about something she's done since you've been together. Maybe she's just embarrassed about things she did with your friend. Now I'm not justifying it or anything, but maybe you're making a big deal out of it, which could actually be one of the reasons she decided to lie to you in the first place. Do you tend to blow things out of porportion? Sit down and talk with her. Let her know that it's ok to be honest with you about her past, and that you won't judge her. She'll open up. It's all about faith.
I'm surprised this came from Turd. Great reply. Things which happened in her past is in her past not yours. Best thing to do is to talk to her about this and determine if the relationship is worth continuing.Then...Take her for a fast drive in the G35 and cum in her face (as per Ron Mexico).