I love the idea of leaving her home and bringing all my buddies for a week of poker and other things you can get involved in while in Vegas. lol. I mean really she needs to be dissapointed with the marriage and I mine as well start disappointing her the second night. Maybe she could drop me off at the airport, so I dont need to pay for long term parking. lolYou guys are nuts. But I am lovin the ideas. We are thinkin about inviting our whole wedding party and friends to come. Since Vegas has accomidations for all types we think its a good spot to invite them. I know I want something better then average thats why I am asking for your help and so far FCP is comin through.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mirage is a great hotel and in a perfect mid strip location. If that is still a little pricey for you, try the Monte Carlo. Its a little further south but the rooms are nice and go for about $90 a night.
I would second the Monte Carlo for a good value for your money and very ideal for a honeymoon in Vegas. I stayed there with my wife in June. I thought the hotel was very nice and couldn't really put my finger on why it was cheaper than others. Decor is nice and I think the lack of 21-24ish clientel would be a pretty good thing for your honeymoon (regardless of whether you are 21-24). My wife went to the spa which she thought was very nice. 2 downsides to the Monte Carlo: 1. It is a little south, but it is next to the Bellagio. (it's just that next to feels like a mile) 2. The walls are thin which has obvious drawbacks for your honeymoon. You can't really go wrong w/ any of the restaurants there. My wife particularly enjoyed Tao and an Itlian restaurant in the Venetian (forgot the name). But you really can't go wrong at all there. Just decide how much u wanna spend and you'll get good value for whatever your budget is anywhere.
I would second the Monte Carlo for a good value for your money and very ideal for a honeymoon in Vegas. I stayed there with my wife in June. I thought the hotel was very nice and couldn't really put my finger on why it was cheaper than others. Decor is nice and I think the lack of 21-24ish clientel would be a pretty good thing for your honeymoon (regardless of whether you are 21-24). My wife went to the spa which she thought was very nice. 2 downsides to the Monte Carlo: 1. It is a little south, but it is next to the Bellagio. (it's just that next to feels like a mile) 2. The walls are thin which has obvious drawbacks for your honeymoon. You can't really go wrong w/ any of the restaurants there. My wife particularly enjoyed Tao and an Itlian restaurant in the Venetian (forgot the name). But you really can't go wrong at all there. Just decide how much u wanna spend and you'll get good value for whatever your budget is anywhere.
Sounds just about what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot. I hope the walls are really thin and we stay next to a couple a beautiful Brazillians females that like my wife. haha Other then that I thank you sir.
I love the idea of leaving her home and bringing all my buddies for a week of poker and other things you can get involved in while in Vegas. lol. I mean really she needs to be dissapointed with the marriage and I mine as well start disappointing her the second night. Maybe she could drop me off at the airport, so I dont need to pay for long term parking. lol
Just here to help. I have a thousand ideas for either men or women when it comes to ruining a marriage. At 40, if I haven't done it myself, I've had a friend who tried it. So I've seen it all. Let me know when you're ready for the information.
Just here to help. I have a thousand ideas for either men or women when it comes to ruining a marriage. Let me know when you're ready for them.
I will probably call you on it, the day after I say I do.. I will keep u in mind for sure.

Most of the recs have been good so far. Mirage also has a very good dinner buffet that isn't too expensive.Last time I was out there, I was playing some 1-2 NL against a kid and his new wife was sitting with him. They eloped, were on day 3, and were having a blast. She was letting him play for three hours during the day while she took in the sites and did the rides on the Stratosphere, etc. and they were spending all their time together from dinner through the night. I think they were staying at Aladdin, and they said it was fine.

Well thanks to everyone we are definitely going to Vegas now!! I am super excited and I think its gonna be an awesome week. Now to just get like 2 hours in at the tables... I am hopin to get together with anyone from FCP if they are around, that means you too Daniel... lol Anymore suggestions are awesome, but you guys have done alot already... thanks so much for makin my vegas honeymoon come true...

Is she interested in doing three-somes? I'm sure that you are. You can get some good deals in Vegas I hear.
Yeah, 3 women for $99 delivered to your door. Just ask the army. Ok, on a serious note from a female poster... The Mirage. Tropical, nice, great locale and afordable. Then I would say Monte Carlo or Aladin. TI... No Freaking Way. There is this sleazy lounging guido feeling about TI. Your wife will not like it (but your buddles may like the place.) Oh... and if I were to ever get married again (like when hell actually freezes over) I would love to go to Vegas for my honeymoon.
yea she suggested it and she isnt a gambler. She loves the atmosphere, shows, food and just the options on things to do. I think it will be a good time cause she loves faced pace things. whatcha think?
You need "options" of things to do on your honeymoon? Outside of the hotel room?? :club: You sir, are doomed. GL with the wedding tho! :D
You need "options" of things to do on your honeymoon? Outside of the hotel room?? :club: You sir, are doomed. GL with the wedding tho! :D
Of course you need options. We have been together for 5 years and living together for 9 months. I think the honeymoon is over... lol. We just wanted to go to a really exciting place were there is always something to do. So VIVA LAS VEGAS. All are welcome! May 14 to May 21!
Yeah, 3 women for $99 delivered to your door. Just ask the army. Ok, on a serious note from a female poster... The Mirage. Tropical, nice, great locale and afordable. Then I would say Monte Carlo or Aladin. TI... No Freaking Way. There is this sleazy lounging guido feeling about TI. Your wife will not like it (but your buddles may like the place.) Oh... and if I were to ever get married again (like when hell actually freezes over) I would love to go to Vegas for my honeymoon.
Thank you for the post. I am a sleezy guido though. Its cool. I know what your sayin about it. I will check out a few places and let me say this she likes New York, New York... any feedback?

For value and location can't beat the Imperial Palace rooms are not the greatest but the they are nice. Right in the heart of the strip and an added bonus the poker room has a really good 2-4 game and 1-2NL with $2/hr comps and the dealers were great.My wife and I stayed there in August and it was great.

I just statyed a week an NY NY. The location is a bit south which makes it a little bit of a hike to some of the other attractions, but we had a blast. It has a strange feel to it. Its not a HUGE hotel like Bellagio of Venetian or Ceasars. There is no buffet or poker room or club or shopping. When you walk around you kind of feel like walking through an attraction at Universal Studios. The restaurants are good. The rooms are nice, just ask for a room away from the roller coaster. It is definitely a different Vegas experience. There is also a big arcade so it tends to attract some kiddies.

Sounds just about what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot. I hope the walls are really thin and we stay next to a couple a beautiful Brazillians females that like my wife. haha Other then that I thank you sir.
Don't be greedy. Don't you know a brazilian is a lot? How much can your poor wife take? Or your equipment, for that matter...?
I've got to say I like TI's little poker room. It's cozy and they spread mixed games sometimes depending upon demand.
Hello all, I've been a a reader and sometimes poster to this forum for a long time and I have read a lot of good advice for planning and booking a trip to beautiful Las Vegas. I need some help now. Its going to be just the two of us and I need a good place to stay. I have never been there before, but I have always wanted to go. I don't want to spend a fortune, but also don't want the Motel 6, if you know what I mean. I would like something middle/ higher end and just a comfortable place to stay on the Strip. All comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Joe
Mandalay Bay is a bit procey.. But I LOVE that place!

Now that you mention the $20 dollar trick.....It is a huge +EV to tip the clerk at the check in desk.Vegas pay wages are low, like really low. A $20 tip to the desk clerk will get you a huge payback. I have gotten everything from upgraded to a strip view room at the Monte and NY NY to upgraded to a jr. suite at Bellagio. Most people don't ever think of tipping the desk clerk and then wonder why then never get an upgrade. $20, a smile, and having your sh*t together to make their job easier when they are trying to check your *** in will get you paid off in the long run.

In the same boat as OP, going on honeymoon to vegas in December, Staying at the Aladdin never stayed there before seems nice and was a resonable price. If your budget isn't as limit as ours was i would suggest the Ventian you wife to be will love that place. As far as things to do I am sure you will have no problem finding tons of things to do togather. Here's our plan so far for the four days. fly in Sunday morning December 24(anti xmas but shes a teacher and only time we can really go) Arrive in vegas 9:00amPST. Hotel and check in ASAP then head over to either the RIO or the belligo sports book to watch some good ole FOOTBALL maybe place a small wager on a game then we will go to one of there buffets for lunch. RIO seafood buffet is awesome. and Belligao might be the best in town. Then were going to Check out what shows are going on in town and figure out what we wanna see. At some point we will head to the ventian and do the gandola thing(gotta be a little romantic it is our honeymoon) We both just love walking around vegas and seeing the sites we both wanna get downtown as neither of us have ever been downtown in vegas. So that will take up the better part of a day too. We will probably hit some of the clubs at night and unlike my other vegas trips may spend some actual time in our room doing honeymooner things.Ok just one question on the 20spot trick and if i get nothing the wife will be like you just tipped that guy 20 for nothing. We already have a stripe few room what else good happens with your trick, and i like the push all in tip for my honeymoon probably goint to try that one a time or two.

Yup. You got your wallet out anyway to show ID. When you step up to the counter, smile and say "Hi, how are you doing? Are you going to be checking us in today? Great, thank you very much." Then hand them $20.
Ever have it happen where that 20 bucks doesn't get you anything?

Dude, its not a guarantee and I ain't sayin you could book a run of the house room and it will get you a penthouse suite. One time we were staying at the Luxor and we took the first flight out of NY. We landed pretty early Vegas time and the guy in front of us was told his room wasn't ready but feel free to drop your bags at the bell desk and call back in a few hours. My wife overheard it and was like, oh great. I dropped a $20 on the same clerk and we were given our key and went right up.Like anything else, there are better and worse rooms even in the same category. Everyone tips dealers but honestly dealers can't influence the game on your behalf. Desk clerks assign rooms. They have better and worse rooms to give. They can make or break your stay. Throw them a $20 and see what happens. The Aladdin has a bunch of construction going on right now as they are changing over to Planet Hollywood. A tip might put you in a room away from the noise.