• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that jacket would have been annoying as hell to listen to and I can see myself asking him to take it off, but I sure wouldn't get the floor person to come over and force him to do it if he said no. It did seem like a classless act by Annie.

I haven't seen the episode in question, but if we are talking about the windchimes that just constantly make random noise and he had a jacket made of those, I would ask him to take it off. It's not like background noise or people talking at the table. Windchimes are just jarring to listen to repeatedly. Yeah, I could ignore them, but I should not have to put up with an article of clothing designed to be annoying.

You are my absolute least favorite poster.Jefe: We have many beautiful pinatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises! El Guapo: How many pinatas? Jefe: Many pinatas, many! El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas? Jefe: A what? El Guapo: A *plethora*. Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora. El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora? Jefe: Why, El Guapo? El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora. Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?
It's a sweater!
I haven't seen the episode in question, but if we are talking about the windchimes that just constantly make random noise and he had a jacket made of those, I would ask him to take it off. It's not like background noise or people talking at the table. Windchimes are just jarring to listen to repeatedly. Yeah, I could ignore them, but I should not have to put up with an article of clothing designed to be annoying.
His vest had probably a couple hundred loose coins on strings sown on it. Every time he would move they would clink together, kind of like windchimes. I can imagine that sound would become mind numbing after countless hours of play.The guy seemed nice enough and I'm sure he would have understood had Annie asked him nicely instead of bitching about it to the other players and then calling over the floor person.

Arizona moon keep shinin' From the desert sky above You know, pretty soon That big yellow moon Will light the way Back To the one you love Blue Shadows On the trail Little cowboy Close your eyes And dream All of the doggies Are in the corral All of your work is done Just close your eyes And dream, little pal Dream of Someone Blue Shadows On the trail Soft wind blowin' Through the trees Above All the other little cowboys Back in the bunkhouse now, so Close your Eyes and Dream Good night, Lucky.Good night, Dusty. Good night, Ned. Good night, Ned. Good night, Ned. Good night, Lucky. Good night, Dusty.I know you all have this song stuck in your head now, and BTW I sing this to my 1 year old as a goodnight lullaby!

You are my absolute least favorite poster.Jefe: We have many beautiful pinatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises! El Guapo: How many pinatas? Jefe: Many pinatas, many! El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas? Jefe: A what? El Guapo: A *plethora*. Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora. El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora? Jefe: Why, El Guapo? El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora. Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?Like what, Jefe? Could it be becauseyou are turning 40 today? Could it be because Carmen chooses tosleep in her cell instead of with you? Why don't you just take her? When you want cattle,you take the cattle. When you want food,you take the food. When you want a woman... you just take the woman. Why don't you just take her? You do not understand women. You cannot force openthe petals of a flower. When the flower is ready,it opens itself up to you. When do you think Carmen will... open up her flower to you? Tonight, or I will kill her.

.http://www.isoprophlex.com/pages/popup/snl_tattoo.php

You are my absolute least favorite poster.
I agree with this... but this poster comes in a very close 2nd...
I'd shoot her in the eye...with my dik-gun!
It's a sweater!
My favorite line, from this very funny, very underrated movie.
I'm sure that jacket would have been annoying as hell to listen to and I can see myself asking him to take it off, but I sure wouldn't get the floor person to come over and force him to do it if he said no. It did seem like a classless act by Annie.
While he may have taken it well if she asked him to remove it, what if he didn't? Then you have two players having hard feelings towards each other and the floor probably has to come over anyway. I hate Anne and am not in anyway taking up for her. However, I feel it was probably best to call the floor over and let them ask him, if anyone was going to ask him. I think it was lowbrow to ask him to remove it.

im starting to think that annie asked him to take it off before and espn didn't show it. when she talked to the floorman it seemed like she always asked the guy.I think it was wrong of the floorman to ask him to take if off though, who cares what hes wearing? its the wsop.

I can't say I agree with most of you guys. Why put wind chimes on a vest if not to annoy the hell out of people? If that is the only reason then NO it should not be allowed. Cell phones are not allowed at tables because it's annoying, wind chimes would be like having a cell phone ring non-stop to me.And Daniel you say you could hum all day, but at some point you will stop, no one can hum all day :club: Wind chimes are tireless in their annoyance.As for Annie Duke... well I can't comment, I have only seen her play once, in that tournament where she gave a bad beat to her brother and I felt bad for her, I would not want to do that to a sibling in a big tournament either.

I can't say I agree with most of you guys. Why put wind chimes on a vest if not to annoy the hell out of people? If that is the only reason then NO it should not be allowed. Cell phones are not allowed at tables because it's annoying, wind chimes would be like having a cell phone ring non-stop to me.And Daniel you say you could hum all day, but at some point you will stop, no one can hum all day :club: Wind chimes are tireless in their annoyance.
I bet DN could hum all day. And I doubt the wind chimes were there for the sole purpose of annoyance. Most likely it was for decorations. Still, A. he shouldn't have had to removed it, B. Annie Duke shoulda asked him directly.
Arizona moon keep shinin' From the desert sky above You know, pretty soon That big yellow moon Will light the way Back To the one you love Blue Shadows On the trail Little cowboy Close your eyes And dream All of the doggies Are in the corral All of your work is done Just close your eyes And dream, little pal Dream of Someone Blue Shadows On the trail Soft wind blowin' Through the trees Above All the other little cowboys Back in the bunkhouse now, so Close your Eyes and Dream Good night, Lucky.Good night, Dusty. Good night, Ned. Good night, Ned. Good night, Ned. Good night, Lucky. Good night, Dusty.I know you all have this song stuck in your head now, and BTW I sing this to my 1 year old as a goodnight lullaby!
+1, I believe that El Guapo's sweater maybe more visually displeasing than the windchime vest. And this post rules, Three Amigos forever. "You just killed the invisible swordsman."