******official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread******

- I think everyone (Ravens fans included) have to agree that it was a TD...but there was no indisputable evidence to show it.
I think given the way the system is supposed to work, the call on the field should have stood and it should have been a 4th down and inches. If on the field it was called a TD, I think they should have stuck with that. The replay was just to close to overrule what was called on the field.
  • Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think given the way the system is supposed to work, the call on the field should have stood and it should have been a 4th down and inches. If on the field it was called a TD, I think they should have stuck with that. The replay was just to close to overrule what was called on the field.
I agree.So, either way, someone is going to get wronged.

NFL backs ruling on Steelers' winning touchdownMonday, December 15, 2008By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe NFL is backing referee Walt Coleman's decision to overturn a call on the field and rule Santonio Holmes' catch a touchdown that gave the Steelers a 13-9 victory at Baltimore yesterday.Coleman's officiating crew ruled that Holmes did not get into the end zone when he caught Ben Roethlisberger's pass from the Ravens' four with 43 seconds left. However, after viewing it on replay, Coleman overturned the call and signaled a touchdown."Walt Coleman determined via high-def video review that the receiver had possession and two feet down with the ball in the goal line, meaning it broke the plane,'' an NFL spokesman said via e-mail.The spokesman said Mike Pereira, the NFL's vice president of officiating, backed the Coleman ruling after replay.Coleman explained after the game that Holmes "had two feet down and completed the catch with control of the ball breaking the plane of the goal line."By rule, his feet did not have to be down, however, when the ball crossed the goal line -- he had to be in possession of the ball when it broke the plane of the goal line and then, to complete the play, his feet had to touch the ground."When he gained control of the ball,'' Coleman said, "the ball was breaking the plane and then he fell into the field of play."

This and that...- The spike to stop the clock on 1st down with 50+ seconds left was TERRBILE.- The call on Jef Reed for pushing....really? Just heard on the radio that the Ravens player spit in Mitch Berger's face, which is why Reed pushed him.- They should have been showing Ray Lewis' missed tackles which showing his sack 23453534 times during the game.- Nate either drops the ball or makes a big play, no in between.- Holmes needs to start smokin' weed again.- #79 was confused!?!?! WTF?!?!? HAHA, we were all lovin' that by the ref.- I think everyone (Ravens fans included) have to agree that it was a TD...but there was no indisputable evidence to show it.- Flacco had a 22.2 rating. Ben's was 81.9.
at least 5...he played awful

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he doesn't believe Pittsburgh Steelers punter Mitch Berger when he says Ravens cornerback Frank Walker spit in Berger's face during Sunday's game, according to the Baltimore Sun.Berger said he confronted Walker after what Berger thought was a blatant attempt to go after kicker Jeff Reed's knee on an extra-point attempt. Berger was quoted in The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after the game as saying, "I tried to get in the middle to separate him, but he got in my face and spit right in my mouth. He spit right in my mouth. I'm still trying to spit that ... out. I was talking to him, trying to separate everybody and he spit right in my mouth."During his weekly news conference, Harbaugh said, "That's the first I heard that. I don't believe it for one second," according to the Sun. "Frank Walker wouldn't do it, none of our players would do it. I don't believe it for one second."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to pick the Chargers for Sunday's game. I will probably heavily regret making this pick, but I think Sproils will have a huge game as he did against the Colts.

I'm going to pick the Chargers for Sunday's game. I will probably heavily regret making this pick, but I think Sproils will have a huge game as he did against the Colts.
The only prediction I will make is that Sproles will not have a game like he did against the Colts.

We stole a page out of the Steelers' book tonight. Won ugly. Offense did just enough to win and the defense clamped down on the opposing team's offense forcing clutch turnovers to keep points off the board. That official did blow throwing a flag for delay of game, and it is a shame that our victory will be tainted by that. It was a hard hitting game that kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time, I just hope the injuries we sustained are minor in nature. Good luck against the Chargers, here's hoping for a titanic AFC North showdown to determine who is going to the Super Bowl.

We stole a page out of the Steelers' book tonight. Won ugly. Offense did just enough to win and the defense clamped down on the opposing team's offense forcing clutch turnovers to keep points off the board. That official did blow throwing a flag for delay of game, and it is a shame that our victory will be tainted by that. It was a hard hitting game that kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time, I just hope the injuries we sustained are minor in nature. Good luck against the Chargers, here's hoping for a titanic AFC North showdown to determine who is going to the Super Bowl.
Cool, what position do you play?Now my take on the game today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVfKJwQ63I...feature=related