U Pick: Cold Deck, Or Getting Coolered.

Ive lost half my BR this last month from horrendous run of cards. Ive taken time off and came back to play a week ago. Now insted of cold decks i get cooler hands. Have AA to a board of QQ9KQ, and lose to quad queens, have Q9 diamonds and board comes Qs 9d 3d, Qh, 8s, i lose to J 10 diamonds. Sorry to rant about bad beats but im so sick rite now and i dont know what worse. No cards at all, or cooler hands that you lose all of your money on. flame away.

Neither of the hands are coolers. Isn't a cold deck like the same thing? You can't lose to a straight when you have a full house. Well...at least in the games I play.

Ive lost half my BR this last month from horrendous run of cards. Ive taken time off and came back to play a week ago. Now insted of cold decks i get cooler hands. Have AA to a board of QQ9KQ, and lose to quad queens, have Q9 diamonds and board comes Qs 9d 3d, Qh, 8s, i lose to J 10 diamonds. Sorry to rant about bad beats but im so sick rite now and i dont know what worse. No cards at all, or cooler hands that you lose all of your money on. flame away.
KK beats you as well so not a cooler. And......Welcome to my life AKA Hell on the green felt

Correct me if I am wrong, but somebody owes you money if you had a boat and lost to a straight. :club:

If you have Q9 of diamonds and the 9 of diamonds comes on the board, things are worse than just cooler hands. If your stone cold nut boat loses to a straight things are worse still.

by cold deck i mean having cold cards, nothing playable. By cooler hands i mean having a extremley strong hand and having no other way to play it out, ur basically meant to lose ur money on the hand. Like the guy on the 1st hand of the 05 ME against farha, he has 10 10 vs farhas A 10, flop comes A A 10. thats a cooler

Correct me if I am wrong, but somebody owes you money if you had a boat and lost to a straight. :club:
look at the suits, his boat loses to straight flushid rather have cold cards, nothing you can do about that
look at the suits, his boat loses to straight flushid rather have cold cards, nothing you can do about that
Not according to him. There are 2 diamonds, a heart, and 2 spades on board.
by cold deck i mean having cold cards, nothing playable. By cooler hands i mean having a extremley strong hand and having no other way to play it out, ur basically meant to lose ur money on the hand. Like the guy on the 1st hand of the 05 ME against farha, he has 10 10 vs farhas A 10, flop comes A A 10. thats a cooler
If you wanna get technicle, a "cold deck" is say having QQ HU against AA. A "cooler" is say having KK vs. AA or the "second nuts." A cooler isn't a hand that you can't get out of. You can get out of every hand as hard as it may be. You have the second best possible hand.
If your a good player this won't bother you, just kepp truckin. Remenber there is no such thing as luck in poker. Everything runs in cycles, good + bad.
This has got to be the most idiotic thing I have heard all day..And lets just say I've been browsing around in general for quite some time today
my mistake i didnt have a boat, Q 8 then, i had trip queens with higher flush draw
Well, if you had AQ that's still not a cooler.
prolly meant Q :club:
SUBSIN, you need to go re-read the original post and come back to me with a full detailed report on the exact cards and suits included. It is hard to have a straight flush with 3 different suits on board. Thank you.
This has got to be the most idiotic thing I have heard all day..And lets just say I've been browsing around in general for quite some time today
I think he is reffering to the long run...meaning life time or longer... where luck is not a factor but yes in a short time span like a month or a year than luck can take affect.

I may be wrong about this, but my brain is giving me a pretty detailed report, so I think I must have heard this from a reliable source.I think a lot (including myself) say we are getting a cold deck, or getting cold cards to mean that you are just not getting any playable hands.However, I understand getting cold decked to be a situation where the cards that come out are so outrageous and hard to get away from, that it seems like the cards have been set up. The term cold deck is a reference to the fact that if a rigged deck is brought into play it hasn't spent as much time in the dealers hands, so it feels colder.For example, Jen Harman's hand in the 2005 main event where her queens full got beaten by a rivered straight flush would be called a cold deck. It seemed like it was set up so that both players would be putting a lot of money in on both the flop and turn, and always think they had the best hand.A "cooler" just means that you have the second best hand, only one hand beats you, and you come up against that very hand. I think it is tied to the idea of a "cold deck" since a rigged deck might often lead to a cooler situation.

According to Daniel Negreanu himself... on high stakes poker on GSN, his 66 on the board of 95658 was a cooler hand... allthough 55,88, and 99 beat him, which gave him the 4th nuts. So basically a cooler hand I would say, is a hand that theres no way your going to get away from. Unless we are going to argue with the unquestionable word of Daniel Negreanu?