If you win a big tourney on FT, say u win 60,000. Do you have to pay taxes on that money? How would they know. Does FT send u a tax form?
it there is a 60k deposit in your bank account trust me they will know
I doubt it because it is online, but Im not sure. I haven't won 60k yet.
Try opening an offshore corporation, moving the money there and then travel to the country and bring back the cash smuggled in ur arse. It works, just dont take the money out in quarters.

Depends on where you live bud. U.S.........you would have to claim it as income if you withdraw it i would assume. Canada - tax free money baby!

Depends on where you live bud. U.S.........you would have to claim it as income if you withdraw it i would assume. Canada - tax free money baby!
tax free if it is not your primary source of income. If they can prove that you play for a living they can force you to pay taxes as if it were an income. There was a case a few years back where revenue canada actually went after someone in ontario for winning to much at the sports lottery. There arguement is the guy spent alot of time researching and was skilled at sports handicapping so they considered it income not a windfall. Unfotunately they won the case. back to the original question, arent you admitting to breaking the law by claiming internet poker wins as income. if its against the law to play online poker how can they just take your tax money.
tax free if it is not your primary source of income. If they can prove that you play for a living they can force you to pay taxes as if it were an income. There was a case a few years back where revenue canada actually went after someone in ontario for winning to much at the sports lottery. There arguement is the guy spent alot of time researching and was skilled at sports handicapping so they considered it income not a windfall. Unfotunately they won the case. back to the original question, arent you admitting to breaking the law by claiming internet poker wins as income. if its against the law to play online poker how can they just take your tax money.
you are correct.I unfortunately do not have that problem. bloody 9-5 lol.
You ask a stupid question that is somewhat vague in a public forum and you call me a jackass?
Why is this a stupid question? If this a stupid question why waste your time reading it and posting. If your not gonna answer my question or have no positve input than STFU.
back to the original question, arent you admitting to breaking the law by claiming internet poker wins as income. if its against the law to play online poker how can they just take your tax money.
is it really ok to pay taxes on online winnings since it illegal anyway. If I rob a gas station should I claim that on my taxes also. If it's illegal how could I pay taxes on it. Any accounts out there
Why is this a stupid question? If this a stupid question why waste your time reading it and posting. If your (?) not gonna answer my question or have no positve input than STFU.
You're incorrect. I answered all of your questions, and I gave you a reason why you should pay taxes on all of your income.
is it really ok to pay taxes on online winnings since it illegal anyway. If I rob a gas station should I claim that on my taxes also. If it's illegal how could I pay taxes on it. Any accounts out there
Illegally gained income is supposed to be reported to the IRS as well. "Illegal income. Illegal income, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Form 1040, line 21, or on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity."If you think otherwise, call the IRS for details. or find these details toward bottom of the page at:http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch12.html
The IRS doesn't give a damn where the income came from, as long as you report it. IRS records can be subpoenaed, but a tax return isn't going to spark an investigation into illegal activity, either.

I will belive you but I have a question, if I report a extra million on my taxes that I earned illegally do I have to tell the IRS how I earned it. If I do that brings me back to original point if it's illegal don't report it because your basically turning yourself in.

Quick history lesson....what did Al Capone go to jail for? Murder, extortion, intimidating witnesses, bribery, illegally selling alcohol? Nope police could not get him on any of this. The most famous mobster ever could not get found guilty of any of these.Found guilty and sent to federal pound you in the a s s prison for TAX EVASION. Bottom line is IRS does not care where you make your $, they care about your income. Pay the taxes.Also on two other notes. First the IRS can not report on its own (their records can be subpoena during a criminal investigation though) for illegal activities. Secondly, poker is not illegal income as it stands right now (unless you live in Washington a 2 other states). In 2 months that might change but as of now it is perfectly legal.

this is such a simple question that it deserves a simple answer:YES, income tax is due on ANY income, regardless of its source--this is true regardless of the state you live in because the federal tax is just that--a federal tax.If you FIND $100,000 in cash lying on the street, you owe tax on it!If you STEAL $100,000, you owe tax on it!If you BORROW $100,000 and do not have the intent to pay it back, you owe tax on it (relative to "good buddy low or no interest loans) (NOTE: This is not to be confused with a legitimate loan on which no tax is due on the loan proceeds)Get the picture?luv, JB(tax lawyer dude)p.s. the only income on which tax is not due is income that is "excludable" from gross income--such as interest on an IRA account, etc., but just to make this short and sweet, trust me--gambling income is NOT excludable