Biggest High Stakes Poker Hand Ever

i don't know if i could have laid it down. I guess it would depend on my financial situation!!Could I afford to lose 250k and keep on going..if so i might have called!who know :club:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Juanda and Lindgren next week. It will be interesting to see if Juanda's aggressive tournament style translate well into cash game play.

i don't know if i could have laid it down. I guess it would depend on my financial situation!!Could I afford to lose 250k and keep on going..if so i might have called!who know :club:
I know I couldn't have. My wife was actually sitting next to me watching it. I looked at her said, "Honey, I would've lost every penny we had right there." She immediately took my laptop away.
Some cable companies dont carry GSN you stupid fck...
my Time Warner in Oconomowoc,WI(I get every channel except Encore)has GSN.

I remember how many people talked about how Daniel had lost his skills by making this call, how could he not see that his full house was beat?Then in the NBC Head's Up tourn Gus lost a bunch of money when shieky made his quads to beat Gus's fh. This is a classic case of 'That's Poker', nothing more, nothing less.And to the guy going to Iraq: God Bless and keep low.

Who wouldn't have gone broke with that hand? Maybe Ivey.
What makes you think Ivey wouldn't? Ivey is human, he's not some poker god like everyone thinks he is. I haven't even seen the hand, but I don't think you can always assume that Ivey is going to make the right play every time.

the best was after the flop when gabe kaplan announced that "Gus is going to lose a lot of money on this hand"then the turn brought a 5. BAM.DN - you take it like a man which I respect. I like to think I would too, except the biggest pot I've ever lost was for around 500. Just a TINY difference there.

Let me say that I go broke there every time - every timeand it being gus adds to the fact that he could have anythingbut DN knew that he had a lot of ways to be beat - unless Gus lost his mind and bluffed or over bet a straight the only thing he could raise all in with would be a full house and the only boats daniel could beat would be 5 8, 5 9, 5 6don't flame me cuz like i said i'm calling no matter what but you know daniel knew that he had a 50 50 shot at least of being beat when he calledand he took it well but you could see he wasn't pleased - gus even looked a little uncomfortable having drawn out to his 1 outer - those guys chuckle but that has to be awkwardwell awkward but worth it (300k) for gus

Why the **** are people complaining about the hand getting ruined ? its a poker show, not a drama series. Jesus, people are so petty on this forum, they look for anything to complain aboutBut about the hand. Wow, Gus musta had some read on Daniel.

I think folding would be a very bad decision...especially against Gus Hansen. There were many probable hands DN could beat and only 2 logical hands that could beat him (99 or 55) - 88 just doesn't make sense. With $250k in the pot before the all in, folding would be incorrect everytime IMO....unless he had a supernatural read.