The Allen Cunningham Appreciation Thread...

Allens play was incredible, just phenominal. I seriously learned more from watching that main event final table than any other WPT or WSOP final table. It's going to be even more entertaining when they air it on T.V. with the hole card cam's. plain and simple, the guy is a f**king beast. congrats A.C.

It wasn't Gold who was killing Allen, it was the rest of the table. Allen would chip away at God then BAM someone would dump all of their chips to Gold. Then Allen would start chipping away again, then BAM someone would go crazy and give all their chips to Gold again. Every time Allen was starting to hurt Gold some idiot would just bump him right back up. Its not faaaiiiirrrr. :club: Allen you are still a BA in my book.

No, it wasn't just that they dumped to Gold, it was also when Cunningham started to do something good, starting to get momentum, and starting accumulate chips, Michael Binger would always get his money in bad against him and double up.

No, it wasn't just that they dumped to Gold, it was also when Cunningham started to do something good, starting to get momentum, and starting accumulate chips, Michael Binger would always get his money in bad against him and double up.
That too. Allen couldn't catch a card to save his life when he needed to.

I noticed this too, but then realized that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing for Binger to have chips. If you look at the seating positions, if Binger busted, Gold would have been on AC's immediate left. AC would only have had position on Gold 1 out of our every 4-5 hands. With Binger in, he could have position on Gold 2 times per round. It felt to me like he was in it for the long haul...get some chips, give some to Binger and keep him in because that was the best way to bring Gold down.

the only reason i got the pay per view was to see how a top level pro handles a final table in a big event. Ac didnt dissapoint. I was sure after that call with A9 he was gonna take it down but the cards deffinatly were against him. That call with QJ was a head scratcher but maybe he thought even if he lost the play could pay dividends by people respecting his raises. Gold played good and got good cards and is a deserving of the championship but there is no way he is on the same level as AC.

I've been a lurker on these boards forever and alf's post here was the one that finally made me come out of hiding.I originally found these boards because I was a fan of Daniel's well now I'm proud to add Allen Cunningham to my list of favorite pros. Like most of you I jumped out of my seat when he called with Ace high to take a nice pot from Gold. I certainly can't wait until they show it with pocket cams so we can see what kind of hands Allen was playing duirng those stretches where he raised every other hand or more.Cheers to you Allen Cunningham. It was a pleasure to watch you play last night and I'm sure you'll finally start getting the respect you deserve from poker fans. I know you certainly opened my eyes.On a side note, I also agree with some of the comments that it was over for Allen and everyone else when Richard Lee made that insane all in bet with JJ. The only good things about that hand were listening to Gold immediately compliment himself on such a good play (too bad Lee didn't turn over the KK or AA he should of had to make that push) and watching him get excited over the diamond blank on the turn thinking the jack of diamonds was a dead out now when the board was already paired. I mean come on. Are we sure Johnny Chan wasn't somehow giving him instructions during the hands through an ear piece?I'm curious to know what Lee put him on to go all in and what Gold put Lee on to call so quickly for that matter. Perhaps when they saw two kings on the flop they thought to themselves, "Oh yeah they have those in the deck too!" Regardless, the final table commentary on this hand should be priceless. They should show it unedited so the "World Champ" can explain how he thought the jack of diamonds coming on the river to fill his flush and Lee's full house would have been a good thing.

I've been a lurker on these boards forever and alf's post here was the one that finally made me come out of hiding.I originally found these boards because I was a fan of Daniel's well now I'm proud to add Allen Cunningham to my list of favorite pros. Like most of you I jumped out of my seat when he called with Ace high to take a nice pot from Gold. I certainly can't wait until they show it with pocket cams so we can see what kind of hands Allen was playing duirng those stretches where he raised every other hand or more.Cheers to you Allen Cunningham. It was a pleasure to watch you play last night and I'm sure you'll finally start getting the respect you deserve from poker fans. I know you certainly opened my eyes.On a side note, I also agree with some of the comments that it was over for Allen and everyone else when Richard Lee made that insane all in bet with JJ. The only good things about that hand were listening to Gold immediately compliment himself on such a good play (too bad Lee didn't turn over the KK or AA he should of had to make that push) and watching him get excited over the diamond blank on the turn thinking the jack of diamonds was a dead out now when the board was already paired. I mean come on. Are we sure Johnny Chan wasn't somehow giving him instructions during the hands through an ear piece?I'm curious to know what Lee put him on to go all in and what Gold put Lee on to call so quickly for that matter. Perhaps when they saw two kings on the flop they thought to themselves, "Oh yeah they have those in the deck too!" Regardless, the final table commentary on this hand should be priceless. They should show it unedited so the "World Champ" can explain how he thought the jack of diamonds coming on the river to fill his flush and Lee's full house would have been a good thing.
Best first post I've seen in a long time. Nice job. :club:

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone play so good with such bad cards.The dude is a POKERGOD.That being said, let me add this--IF Allen had been getting just half the cards that Goldmouth was getting, the round would have been over by 6pm.

I went to bed right before he busted when they said they were going to show the 2002 WSOP. How did Allen react to being busted out? There's no Cardplayer interviews or anything.

Did anyone else cry when he busted? I shed a few tears I'll be the first to admit it....
:club: WTF?
A great player with a humble, quiet demeanor that is refreshing.Nice post Alf.
DIE SPAMMER

I can only imagine the kind of help the game would have received with AC as the reigning World Champ. Raymer and Hachem were honorable ambassadors of the game during their run, but can you imagine what AC's influence might have been? I know his opinion DEFINITELY means something in the game now, but with him as World Champ....the possibilities would have been endless. I hope he will become more of a force in the world of poker (away from the tables I mean), because his influence and integrity would serve poker quite nicely.Awesome Main Event, Mr. Cunningham. A tip of the cap, and a tall cool one raised in your honor.

Wow that sucked to see him lose. You gotta feel for the guy, just the look on his face after the king hit was sad, he looked so dejected and he really deserved better. I hope the poker public now see what kind of player he really is. I dont know about anyone else but now i like Allen even more than before and i will be rooting for Allen as he has become one of my favourite players. :club: greats series and i hope him the best in the future.

Here's a friendly word of caution to the dude who posted that he started crying when Allen busted out:Watch out for the giant falling Milwaukee Light beer can dude! :club:

I wasn't up when he busted, and I fully expected Donk Gold to win it, so I wasnt shocked when I saw him fourth, but I can remember last year when I saw the update that said Mike busted. I was completely devastated. I couldn't watch the updates anymore.Listening to the commentary later made it even sicker.I'd have to say that calling there with KJ is a total donk move. Who does he think he is, Bill Fillmaff!?