Seems like there are quite a few well known pros left. How many have you guys heard of before?On a side note - Im impressed how far Joe Hachem has made it. Raymer and Hatchem both came back after winning and have shown everyone that an unknown can be a force. It would be crazy if Joe made the final table like Raymer did the year before. Too bad Moneymaker hasnt represented that well.....oh well like Meatloaf said "two out of three ain't bad".

Seems like there are quite a few well known pros left. How many have you guys heard of before?On a side note - Im impressed how far Joe Hachem has made it. Raymer and Hatchem both came back after winning and have shown everyone that an unknown can be a force. It would be crazy if Joe made the final table like Raymer did the year before. Too bad Moneymaker hasnt represented that well.....oh well like Meatloaf said "two out of three ain't bad".
Raymer did not make the final table in 05he was 25thstupid Kanter

MM and Varkoyni were both true flukes. MM is a drunk and Varkoyni is an idiot. At least Raymer and Hachem can play. As for the "unknown" comment - I guess most of the respected and good poker community is unknown. there are hundreds upon hundreds of great poker players that you have never heard of.

MM and Varkoyni were both true flukes. MM is a drunk and Varkoyni is an idiot. At least Raymer and Hachem can play. As for the "unknown" comment - I guess most of the respected and good poker community is unknown. there are hundreds upon hundreds of great poker players that you have never heard of.
Thank Christ someone understands
Too bad Moneymaker hasnt represented that well
Did anyone catch the statement the winner of the Las Vegas circuit event said to Hachem? It went something like "I think you are a player, you are no fluke like Moneymaker".

From what I could find, these are the "pros" still in it. Let me know who I've missed and I'll edit the post.Aaron BartleyAllen CunninghamAllyn Jaffrey ShulmanAnnie DukeBryan MiconCecilia MortensenCyndy VioletteDaniel NegreanuDavid ChiuDevin PorterEric LynchHoyt CorkinsHumberto BrenesJeffrey LisandroJoe HachemKathy LiebertMark VosPete GiordanoPrahlad FriedmanSurinder SunarTed ForrestThomas WahlroosTom McEvoyWilliam Thorson

From what I could find, these are the "pros" still in it. Let me know who I've missed and I'll edit the post.Aaron BartleyAllen CunninghamAllyn Jaffrey ShulmanAnnie DukeBryan MiconCecilia MortensenCyndy VioletteDaniel NegreanuDavid ChiuDevin PorterEric LynchHoyt CorkinsHumberto BrenesJeffrey LisandroJoe HachemKathy LiebertMark VosPete GiordanoPrahlad FriedmanSurinder SunarTed ForrestThomas WahlroosTom McEvoyWilliam Thorson
Wow that many pros are still in this....amazing. We need atleast one of them to final table this year's ME.

Not all of these guys are full time pros (Strasser for instance is a rising senior at Duke), but they are accomplished players in their own right:Jon Lane (G6Dragon online, 88th in ME last year)Eric Lynch (Rizen online, top 5 net tourney player in the world per p5's, winner of stars $1M, has a FT in PLHE this year)Jason Strasser (cash game stud on stars as strassa2, several final tables in Sunday majors, featured in SI article last year on popularity of poker in college)David Angel (won a bracelet in 83, 35th in Main Event the year Raymer won and was at TV table for significant portion of broadcast)Paul Sexton (final table'd the $2K NLHE last year)Lars Bonding (2nd at $2.5K NLHE event at last year's WSOP and a $200K win at the Five Diamond World Poker Classic)

Wow that many pros are still in this....amazing. We need atleast one of them to final table this year's ME.
i dont think its that amazing. if the pros were doing absolutely random, thenthere would have to have been 437 pros entering.given that your definition of pro is fairly broad, i would guess you could find at least 300 that entered, maybe 400.ie, the pros are essentially doing no better than random in this tournament, a pretty surprising result.at the very least, they arent doing much better than random.
ie, the pros are essentially doing no better than random in this tournament, a pretty surprising result.at the very least, they arent doing much better than random.
SilentSnow, I am surprised to see you of all people making this logical error: just because there are not MORE pros than amateurs left based on the percentage who entered, it is quite possible that the pros remaining are still doing better. I think it is likely that the average "pro" stack is larger than the average "amateur" stack at this point, which would mean that the pros ARE doing better than random.
SilentSnow, I am surprised to see you of all people making this logical error: just because there are not MORE pros than amateurs left based on the percentage who entered, it is quite possible that the pros remaining are still doing better. I think it is likely that the average "pro" stack is larger than the average "amateur" stack at this point, which would mean that the pros ARE doing better than random.
if you look at the chip counts it is even worse. i just counted only 3 out of the top 70 as pros, with 350 left.without doing a detailed study, it seems by any measure the top pros(nameones anyway) have done very poorly in the main event and the other low buyin NL events.ill admit im not the best qualified to make this assessment, since i dont know many of the more obscure "pros", but id be surprised if anyone who did know all the pros had a much different assessment.
if you look at the chip counts it is even worse. i just counted only 3 out of the top 70 as pros, with 350 left.without doing a detailed study, it seems by any measure the top pros(nameones anyway) have done very poorly in the main event and the other low buyin NL events.ill admit im not the best qualified to make this assessment, since i dont know many of the more obscure "pros", but id be surprised if anyone who did know all the pros had a much different assessment.
How many people do you consider to be "top pros?" That very small sample you see on TV consistently? So what, 50 players?Oh and I just noticed that Prahlad aka Spirit Rock aka Mahatma aka Im_Sleeping aka Aplusgame aka Zweig is still in it too.
How many people do you consider to be "top pros?" That very small sample you see on TV consistently? So what, 50 players?Oh and I just noticed that Prahlad aka Spirit Rock aka Mahatma aka Im_Sleeping aka Aplusgame aka Zweig is still in it too.
no, just the ones i recognize. i bet i recognize about 2 to 300, which would make my statements correct. if anyone else wants to fact check me, feel free. but since im about the only one whos trying to assess how the pros are doing, then theres not muchto argue about until someone tries to demonstrate that i'm wrong.quick update- i just counted 9 pros left.Kathy LiebertDaniel NegreanuPrahlad FriedmanJoseph HachemAllen CunninghamAnnie DukeHumberto BrenesJeffrey LisandroDavid Chiuwhich means if my theory is correct, then the pros are doing no better than randomif i can count 240 original entrants. i am pretty sure i can count at least 200, so i have a good chance of being right in saying the pros have had a horrible tournament.
if anyone else wants to fact check me, feel free. but since im about the only one whos trying to assess how the pros are doing, then theres not muchto argue about until someone tries to demonstrate that i'm wrong.
Oh I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I was just pointing out that their chipstacks should be considered. On another note, I would probably favor somebody like Allen Cunningham at $300,000 chips over an unknown internet qualifier with $600,000 at this point. And on another note, GO HAAAAAACHEM!!!!