I think its intimidating. At a house game you can have a million meaningless white chips and red chips, but when you throw that one black chip in its scary. I'd be scared of that one all in chip.
Did you close your eyes during the Sixth Sense too?
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, after reading the title I thought Pokerstars finally implemented a "go allin until broke"-button to click on, similar to "fold to any bet" to make playing more comfortable for their low-limit sng-players. :club:

The WSOP has jumped the shark. Seriously, this is ridiculous. I'm surprised they did it for no other reason than because all the chips going in looks good on tv.
QFT -- actually, I bet the "all in button" disappears in later rounds. And I don't care if it's available or not, if I'm going all in at the ME, I'm pushing the ****ing chips in. Right or wrong, that's just me.
Is there a picture of said button?
Don't force us to look at it. The entire point of poker is to capture more and more and more chips. The "mega-chip" is a sin against poker.

I think it's a fine idea. You can still push your chips in the pot, and throw the all-in button in along with it. The real advantage will be somewhere in Day 3 or Day 4, when there are some seriously large stacks. Plus, how many times have we seen Humberto Brenes wave his hands and say all-in and never push a chip? The button will just remove any doubt.There was a card player video a little while back about a guy who had made a decision to push all in with any 2 cards if noone had opened the pot, well, he was in Seat 1, and Seat 10 had said all in, but never pushed a chip. The player in Seat 1 didn't hear him and also said all-in when the dealer turned to him. As he stated, if he had known the player in 10 was all in, he never would have pushed with 10-3. The button may not solve a problem like this, but it may aleviate some of the issues.

my bad yeah i see it here for anyone that missed itPlayers to Use All-In ButtonPlayers each have an all-in button to use for their all-ins rather than having to push all $10,000 of their chips into the middle. This is the first time the World Series of Poker has implemented such a device to improve efficiency. i think its like a dealer button that u put in the middle instead of pushing all ur chips
last time i checked they give you1 5k chip2 1k chips2 500 chips8 100 chips8 25 chipsis it that hard to push in 21 chips
I think it's a fine idea. You can still push your chips in the pot, and throw the all-in button in along with it. The real advantage will be somewhere in Day 3 or Day 4, when there are some seriously large stacks. Plus, how many times have we seen Humberto Brenes wave his hands and say all-in and never push a chip? The button will just remove any doubt.There was a card player video a little while back about a guy who had made a decision to push all in with any 2 cards if noone had opened the pot, well, he was in Seat 1, and Seat 10 had said all in, but never pushed a chip. The player in Seat 1 didn't hear him and also said all-in when the dealer turned to him. As he stated, if he had known the player in 10 was all in, he never would have pushed with 10-3. The button may not solve a problem like this, but it may aleviate some of the issues.
maybe that idiot should of been paying attention
last time i checked they give you1 5k chip2 1k chips2 500 chips8 100 chips8 25 chipsis it that hard to push in 21 chipsmaybe that idiot should of been paying attention
Nope, pretty sure they start with 10k in chips.

It may look intimidating to push a ton of chips in the middle of the pot. But if you have half of a weiner on you, you're actually not going to be intimidated and actually think through the hand.And I guess that makes it less intimidating for someone to push in their "numbers" online? Granted, you do see chips, but you see a ton less than you do if this was done live.No, it's intimidating because your tournament life is at risk, and you have to make the correct decision.

Since I can't push my big stack in and say all in and look all menacing I would just take the button and whip it at someone's head and say "IM ALL IN *****!
my thoughts exactly... I would prolly stand up and slam_that **** down like a pog though...

If such a device as an all-in button is going to be used then i think it should look something like a fire breathing dragon or a mace or something wild at any rate.

I actually prefer the all-in chip for a tournament this large.You're talking about a lot of saved time at the tables. The game is already slow enough as it is. The one chip is still intimidating to anyone with half a brain. You have more chips than them, you toss the all-in chip and say "all in" and they aren't going to immediately call.You act as if the chip isn't worth your entire stack.It's not the size that matters, it's the value of what you're pushing in. (sounds sexual I know)Like if you were playing a cash game and a guy puts in a watch worth $5k, you're not gonna be like "lolz that's just a watch, I call!" you're gonna have red flags going off and you're going to have to think just like a normal all-in.

Did you close your eyes during the Sixth Sense too?
Yes. Especially during the part with Donny Wahlberg. I hate Mark E. Mark and I hate New Kids on the Block.

When I first read the words "all in button" I pictured there being likea buzzer on the side of the table that you could smash down on like thatold game Press Your Luck!! Now THAT would be cool to see....