Official 2006 Wsop Main Event Thread

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Binger Doubles Through Allen Cunningham Michael Binger raises to $700,000 from under the gun and Allen Cunningham calls from the big blind. The flop comes QJ8 and Cunningham checks. Binger moves all in for $2,250,000 and Cunningham makes the call. Binger turns over A10 but Cunningham shows AQ for top pair. However, the turn is the K, giving Binger and ace high straight. The river is the A and Binger has doubled up. Yes he's donking them off left and right :club: ... choose the way your phrase your replies better please.

Sick call, though after Jamie Gold said, "I'll show" I would of called him as well.

I thought I would have to just read Cardplayer at work tonight, but thanks to the internet feed I am watching! :club:

Anyone else think the push with JJ was a little sketchy? I read through the whole live update log, and Gold's been seemingly opening every pot. Then all of a sudden, he decides to limp-raise from the cutoff? Doesn't that send off any warning bells? I know you have to play a little looser with the ante, but even so, $16 million in chips is a lot to give away on JJ.

Well, we have a new Moneymaker on the way to winning, man has Gold been EXTREMELY lucky, this is so sad...
Horseshoe waaaaay up his ass
Let me reiterrate: He is lucky, man this sucks...
Sad day for poker.

That call against Allan was questionable and why the hell did he have to win that cointoss! Man, if I would just get half of the pair over pair he did over the later part of the tournament I'd be a internet poker millionaire!

Did you guys notice that Cunningham (4th), Binger (3rd) and Wasicka (2nd) all busted out against Jamie Gold with a pair of 10's? goofy
Damn. We are in the Twilight Zone.
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably nobody cares but me, but I just found out that I know third place winner Michael Binger. I went to grad school with him. His name sounded familiar, but I didn't make the connection until today. Obviously he's not a friend or anything, so if anyone can figure out a good way to syphon his money, please let me know. I'm not very rich. And I like money.