Official 2006 Wsop Main Event Thread

so is this like norm macdonald, norm macdonald?
To my knowledge yes.
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Mahalingam is all-in for $5,000 and is called an opponent in late position. Mahalingam shows 8s8c and his opponent has 5d5c. The flop is 6s5s5h and his opponent flops quads. The turn is a 9s giving Mahalingam a gut-shot straight flush draw (his only way to win). The river is the 7s giving Mahalingam the straight flush and taking the hand. ...gross

Jack Mahalingam is all-in for $5,000 and is called an opponent in late position. Mahalingam shows 8s8c and his opponent has 5d5c. The flop is 6s5s5h and his opponent flops quads. The turn is a 9s giving Mahalingam a gut-shot straight flush draw (his only way to win). The river is the 7s giving Mahalingam the straight flush and taking the hand. ...gross
Bad Beat Jackpot

Professional boxer Antonio Tarver has been knocked out on Day 1 of the Main Event Id love tobe to one who did it cause then I could say that I once knocked out Antonio Tarver....from a poker tourney

It's rigged. Someone had the nut full house vs quads earlier.
Danny Masterson 20,000 chipsI hope Hyde takes it down :club:.
PooDavid Sklansky Takes A Pot Off of Danny MastersonOn a board of 1097J, David Sklansky checks and Danny Masterson bets $1,100. Sklansky makes the call and the river is the 7. Sklansky fires $2,400 and Masterson immediately calls. However, he mucks his hand when Sklansky shows 99 for a full house

I thought about reading through the 13 pages of cardplayer updates, but just couldn't do it.

I thought about reading through the 13 pages of cardplayer updates, but just couldn't do it.
same with me lol

I'm gonna keep my eye on Danny Masterson. He's my 1A random guy to win it all person. Go Hyde!!!1A. Danny Masterson = 16,000 chips

If this is really the "Official" thread, shouldn't it be stickied?
It's stickied now, making it officially official.

Fri Jul 28 12:02:00 PDT 2006Players to Use All-In ButtonPlayers each have an all-in button to use for their all-ins rather than having to push all $10,000 of their chips into the middle. This is the first time the World Series of Poker has implemented such a device to improve efficiency. That's interesting.

Good Luck Nutz! Keep us posted!
Thanks Oze! I am going to try to run upstairs to my room on each 2 hour break, if for no other reason to avoid blood clots! Good Lord those are long days down there. It is just brutal.I'll post if I can. :club:
Thanks Oze! I am going to try to run upstairs to my room on each 2 hour break, if for no other reason to avoid blood clots! Good Lord those are long days down there. It is just brutal.I'll post if I can. :club:
I hope u see danny masterson in day 2. :D GL!

Hmm...is lee jones hosting this tourney or something?Sat Jul 29 12:34:00 PDT 2006AA vs. KK vs. QQA player under the gun raises to $150. Jarret McMillan re-raises to $400. Michael Hasday, in the big blind, makes it $3,900 to go. The under the gun player goes all-in while McMillan folds. Hasday makes the call and shows AA. The under the gun player shows QQ and McMillan mucks K-K. The board comes KJ3210, and Michael Hasday eliminates an opponent and boosts his stack to $22,400. McMillan folded the winning hand. Rosendo Perez Doubles Up EarlyRosendo Perez and his opponent get it all-in on a flop of A-Q-X. Perez turns over A-A and his opponent has Q-Q for a rare set over set situation. After the hand, Perez is up to $19,800 in chips.