Standard Fold Of The Nuts Here Right?

Ranae's in vegas, taking part in that FCP Army Orgy.. er, I mean reunion..
damn...maybe I should call her and tell her the good news :club:
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if he had gone crazy with a random flush draw or 2 pair or a set or the 9 or whatever because he doesnt put you on an ace since you didnt raise preflop and theres no way you can call his all in without an ace (or maybe 2 pair and a flush draw, which is a very unlikely hand for you to have) and you had ended up winning the hand this thread would never have been created. If he had had an ace or even the ace with a flush draw and missed and you chopped this thread wouldnt existresults based poker sucks, just like this thread
save this paragraph for every time someone posts the results in a thread? i dont really see where ive been results orientated, i dont see how this can be a bluff, its the most suicidal spot for one ive ever seen, and the split pot posibility isnt worth calling the all in for.maybe you are the results orientated one for thinking your viewpoint is stronger because he had the hand im worried about? ever thought about that?
save this paragraph for every time someone posts the results in a thread? i dont really see where ive been results orientated, i dont see how this can be a bluff, its the most suicidal spot for one ive ever seen, and the split pot posibility isnt worth calling the all in for.maybe you are the results orientated one for thinking your viewpoint is stronger because he had the hand im worried about? ever thought about that?
given the fact that you now think you should have folded the ace I dont think its neccesarily suicidal at all, since you almost folded the nuts. Plus, he could easily be moving in here with a naked flush draw, or a flush draw with the 9, because theres no way you can call without an ace, and even if you do call he still has outs to win or split.and this is clearly a results oriented issue, if you had won or split the pot you wouldnt even be considering laying it down, and you would have never posted this thread. Just look at the title you made and you can clearly see that its results oriented, since you lost the hand you now believe you should have folded and you're looking for validation.
given the fact that you now think you should have folded the ace I dont think its neccesarily suicidal at all, since you almost folded the nuts. Plus, he could easily be moving in here with a naked flush draw, or a flush draw with the 9, because theres no way you can call without an ace, and even if you do call he still has outs to win or split.and this is clearly a results oriented issue, if you had won or split the pot you wouldnt even be considering laying it down, and you would have never posted this thread. Just look at the title you made and you can clearly see that its results oriented, since you lost the hand you now believe you should have folded and you're looking for validation.
so its not suicidal because one person considered folding and called anyway? can you imagine how badly you'd berate a guy that actually tried this bluff in this situation in this tournament?tbh its not a problem for me that everyone thinks this call is obvious, i love his overbet shove here purely because an A calls incorrectly every time
so its not suicidal because one person considered folding and called anyway? can you imagine how badly you'd berate a guy that actually tried this bluff in this situation in this tournament?tbh its not a problem for me that everyone thinks this call is obvious, i love his overbet shove here purely because an A calls incorrectly every time
if the "correct play" is to fold here then the "correct" play for the otehr guy would be to move all in every time with a flush draw or almost anything else since the other guy isnt supposed to call apprently unless he has the Ac.you're stupid, call is correct, folding the nuts is never right in a non satelite situation, end of story
HAHAHHAHAHHA oh sht HAHAHHHHHHHHHHHhhhAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAhahaAhahahahahaThis guy is the new JFarrello OH SHT hhahahahahahahhahahWhoo whoa.. hahaha wow..
so the proponents of folding are assuming that not only the villain has Ax of clubs, but that he also limped on the button with it three handed rather than raise, and then pushed allin with it rather than get action with a hand that is currently the nuts, and can improve on the river.
QFT
ok, tribeca 15k gtd, $27 rebuy, down to the final 3.stacks are 470k for me, 400k for villian, 220k for the other guy. ive been chipping away at them both since it got down to 3 way. blinds 6k/12kvillian limps on the button, SB limps, i check with A6ddflop comes Jc Qh Ks and is checked around. turn is Tc. SB checks, i bet 20k, villian pushes, SB folds, I fold?
OMG!
exactly when is folding the nuts a standard?-rchang
Well in 2nd grade we had this thing called "Opposite Day"...
LOL I know, huh? Man, I love general, it's like a zoo out here.
I'm back for good, I guess. There just aren't any great flame opportunities in OT.

So what about if all of you were in the same situation with smaller blinds and (consequently) a smaller turn bet with same sized stacks. You have 500 blinds in front of you, he has you covered and the pot is 6 blinds. Do you call his push? I hope not.The issue here is that the blinds (and therefor the pot) is too big to fold. .

So what about if all of you were in the same situation with smaller blinds and (consequently) a smaller turn bet with same sized stacks. You have 500 blinds in front of you, he has you covered and the pot is 6 blinds. Do you call his push? I hope not.The issue here is that the blinds (and therefor the pot) is too big to fold. .
pot is 76k, i have 360k to call, and that is much more valuable to me at the moment than the split of this pot. hey if the guys bluffing more power to him, i just dont believe it personally

You're going to ride this to the grave, aren't you.This is an auto-call.10 dollars in the pot, 400k to call, inflated to make the point, you fold.In the spot described in the OP, you call every time.End. Of. Discussion.

I wouldn't look for any real discussion of this. It was posted in general. All anybody will ever say is you have the nuts you can't fold. You could change your assumption to everyone having 1,000,000 bb and fighting over a 6 bb pot in this same situation, and we'd get 18 ppl saying you can never fold the nuts.Just so I don't get flamed I call in OP's situation.PS I'm pretty sure a hand like this has been discussed before.EDIT: Here's the link http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ng+Ace+straight
I wouldn't look for any real discussion of this. It was posted in general. All anybody will ever say is you have the nuts you can't fold. You could change your assumption to everyone having 1,000,000 bb and fighting over a 6 bb pot in this same situation, and we'd get 18 ppl saying you can never fold the nuts.Just so I don't get flamed I call in OP's situation.PS I'm pretty sure a hand like this has been discussed before.
yeah, I'm sure if he posted this question in tuorney strat, it would be given the respect and insite it deserves.
Never.
Well not exactly never. If this was a satellite near the bubble then it is a clear fold if hero can fold to the $$. In this case, WTF????????????? Fold if you are playing for 2nd.
I wouldn't look for any real discussion of this. It was posted in general. All anybody will ever say is you have the nuts you can't fold. You could change your assumption to everyone having 1,000,000 bb and fighting over a 6 bb pot in this same situation, and we'd get 18 ppl saying you can never fold the nuts.Just so I don't get flamed I call in OP's situation.PS I'm pretty sure a hand like this has been discussed before.EDIT: Here's the link http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ng+Ace+straight
oh i get it now, nobody who actually plays poker posts here, nm.ty for the link, i was starting to think i was going strange. you guys still did better than 2+2 though, i posted this in their main tournament forum and got similar responses to here