Internet Gambling Bill

you guys realize that out of 485 representatives only something like 92 voted against this, right? It obviously has nothing to do with partys... but the fact that online gambling is bad for society. And it is. Although I will hate to see it go.
If you think it has anything AT ALL to do with "being bad for society" you are crazy. But let's say that is their reason. When is it ok to legislate morality?What about alcohol then? That clearly is a top killer and very bad for society. It is never OK for the government to say what can or cannot be done in the privacy of one's own dorm room...... NEVER. um.. Besides... its just a water pipe anyway...... jeez.
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this thing gets passed in current form..how will Americans withdraw money *i use typical standard poker site > neteller > bank account?and, as a precaution...should a player start to remove funds from online poker sites before the bill may be passed?thanks...- Jordan

if this thing gets passed in current form..how will Americans withdraw money *i use typical standard poker site > neteller > bank account?and, as a precaution...should a player start to remove funds from online poker sites before the bill may be passed?thanks...- Jordan
I believe I remember a post a few months back about Citi bank declining a transaction from neteller. I don't know if the guy was just bsing tho. for your BR, i'd honestly consider keeping a lighter load online if you don't have any canadian or European friends.
I believe I remember a post a few months back about Citi bank declining a transaction from neteller. I don't know if the guy was just bsing tho. for your BR, i'd honestly consider keeping a lighter load online if you don't have any canadian or European friends.
I've never had issues with my bank and withdraws...but I've never really withdrawn more than $2k at a time.I'm not sure how soon this bill may be passed, any word on that? I'd be speaking of removing a decent chunk of money, which I don't think I can have withdrawn in a month without drawing attention.also, this really sucks.- Jordan
I've never had issues with my bank and withdraws...but I've never really withdrawn more than $2k at a time.I'm not sure how soon this bill may be passed, any word on that? I'd be speaking of removing a decent chunk of money, which I don't think I can have withdrawn in a month without drawing attention.also, this really sucks.- Jordan
I've never had a problem either.... but just like my CC wouldn't work, I'm sure that banks can stop neteller too. This is gonna take awhile to pass, but I would not be suprised to see Banks pre-emptively begin to disallow these transfers. maybe I'm paranoid, but I honestly think that a number of companies would go that route just to keep their shareholders, Board of Directors, etc. content.
I've never had a problem either.... but just like my CC wouldn't work, I'm sure that banks can stop neteller too. This is gonna take awhile to pass, but I would not be suprised to see Banks pre-emptively begin to disallow these transfers. maybe I'm paranoid, but I honestly think that a number of companies would go that route just to keep their shareholders, Board of Directors, etc. content.
true..i'll be back in the States the 20th so i guess i'll start then...blah...i really really hope this thing doesn't get passed, but i have this nagging notion that it will...but i'll march if it does...heh- Jordan
Heres what cardplayer thinks. May have been posted but I'm not looking through 13 pages.I thought this was interesting: The first thing to note is that the bill does not prohibit a poker enthusiast from playing online poker. One Democrat introduced such an amendment to demonstrate the hypocrisy of the bill, but the amendment failed. There is no mention of the poker player in the bill nor any penalty associated with playing poker.Don't go crazy withdrawing money yet.

I can't believe they are spending so mch time worrying about online gambling. They say it's so terrible for societies, yet they refuse to ban tobacco, which KILLS people. Do underage people gamble on the internet? Probably. But realisticly I would rather have my child playing online poker with his $20 than buying a bag of marijuana. And for the people who blow their life savings on the internet, are irresponsible, and would blow their money in real life just as easy, so what if it's on the internet?

"As a matter of fact, although the proponents of the bill say that online gaming is destroying the moral fiber of society, the bill allows a state to house an online gaming site for its citizens."This quoted from that Cardplayer article. What a joke....

This is really scary that this bill is even getting to the senate.
no its not. A lot of bad bills make it to teh senate each year, next to none make it through the senate in the form that got them thereI'm also gonna say this right now, everyone, stop it with the pro rep/pro dem crap. I will start temp banning people if they continue in the fashion that has been going on. Lets keep the politics out of this and talk about the bill itself or talk about voting out of office your rep who voted for this
So when does the Senate vote?
Who knows if they even will...but i hope all of yall on this site are emailing your senators to let them know you are opposed to this sort of action by the governmentIn your emails things to remember:1. Dont mention the downsides of poker2. Make sure u focus on the fact that they are infringing on personal freedoms