Phil Hellmuth's Blog

Is it just me, or does Phil Hellmuth's blog seem like it is written by a man who is just about to snap? It has an overly (fake) gracious tone, contains tons of run-on sentences, and is filled with his attempts to build himself up to be some kind of larger-than-life gambling figure.Here are some examples of his confused, delusional state from his latest entry:"Over the four-plus hours we played heads up, Jeff seemed to hit so many cards it made my head spin. He would have Q-2 to my 7-5, with a board of 10-7-2-10, and we would bet both streets, then a queen would come (and he would check, I would value bet, and he would call)."He's describing a specific hand using verbs that imply this exact sequence of events occurred several times, which is of course untrue."My buddies Matusow and Bonetti actually shed many tears for me later in their rooms (thanks guys, I love you both as well!)."What? No they didn't. I can guarantee neither of those guys actually cried due to Phil's second place finish. Also, this is one of many times where he describes 'loving' people. I remember there was a hilarious Bill Filmaff episode making fun of this tendency where he goes, "I love Amy... but she's a c*nt.""I hate drinking, and rarely drink as much as I did this night/day, but when I do drink that much I always win big at poker."and"I showed down my hand, and said, "Make sure I get paid the right amount," then I fell on the floor! (Great, now I'm the town drunk!) One hand and I'm up $25,000 and making an idiot of myself."These are parts of his description of a drunken rampage he goes on after his second place finish. It's weird beyond belief. He describes the whole thing with a reflective yet crazed tone where he talks about how stupid he was to do all these crazy things, but always reporting the exact amount of money he won while doing so. The claim that he 'always' wins at poker while very drunk is even more puzzling.In conclusion, I think that our friend Phil Hellmuth may need a visit from the men in white.

his wife is a psychologist.how is this for dinner:"My wife had flown in just for the finals, and she and I went to dinner, where I said about three words."lolnice trip for her. silence during the dinner and then phil flipping out after losing heads up.

his wife is a psychologist.how is this for dinner:"My wife had flown in just for the finals, and she and I went to dinner, where I said about three words."lolnice trip for her. silence during the dinner and then phil flipping out after losing heads up.
Yeah, I didn't get that either. Why did he not speak to her during dinner? Was he trying to say that he was letting her do the talking? Was there tension between them? Was he trying to stay 'in the zone' for the tournament? Who knows.

What a great blog!Loved the drinking and golfing stories. Some great parts:"By then I was so drunk that I went to play high stakes poker at the Bellagio. I hate drinking, and rarely drink as much as I did this night/day, but when I do drink that much I always win big at poker.So I walked in to the high limit room, and said, "Deal me in, I'm playing $25,000." I looked down at 3-3, and called. The flop was 6-6-2, and I bet out in the three way pot. I don't remember the whole betting sequence, but I was check raised by the player in the big blind, and I called. The turn was a king, and he bet and I called. The river was a three, he bet, and I moved all-in and he called. I showed down my hand, and said, "Make sure I get paid the right amount," then I fell on the floor! (Great, now I'm the town drunk!) One hand and I'm up $25,000 and making an idiot of myself. After a few minutes, I gave Sam Grizzle $4,000 to play a $100-$200 limit Hold'em game, and he lost it.""I love my suite at the hotel I'm staying at. It is absolutely gorgeous and usually $2,000 a night (you can tell). Luckily, I'm only paying $400 a night or so, and may get that reduced, eventually. I am booked here from June 25 through August 14th. Is that a long stay?!?"I hope someone has video of Phil Hellmuth drunk and falling on the floor.

What a great blog!Loved the drinking and golfing stories. Some great parts:"By then I was so drunk that I went to play high stakes poker at the Bellagio. I hate drinking, and rarely drink as much as I did this night/day, but when I do drink that much I always win big at poker.So I walked in to the high limit room, and said, "Deal me in, I'm playing $25,000." I looked down at 3-3, and called. The flop was 6-6-2, and I bet out in the three way pot. I don't remember the whole betting sequence, but I was check raised by the player in the big blind, and I called. The turn was a king, and he bet and I called. The river was a three, he bet, and I moved all-in and he called. I showed down my hand, and said, "Make sure I get paid the right amount," then I fell on the floor! (Great, now I'm the town drunk!) One hand and I'm up $25,000 and making an idiot of myself. After a few minutes, I gave Sam Grizzle $4,000 to play a $100-$200 limit Hold'em game, and he lost it.""I love my suite at the hotel I'm staying at. It is absolutely gorgeous and usually $2,000 a night (you can tell). Luckily, I'm only paying $400 a night or so, and may get that reduced, eventually. I am booked here from June 25 through August 14th. Is that a long stay?!?"I hope someone has video of Phil Hellmuth drunk and falling on the floor.
Awesome Phil story here.www.thepokerchronicles.com

" I am feeling very comfortable with myself, and I understand that this is what I do. I win poker tournaments and set records, period."LOL :club: I love Phil, but this blog reminds me of the book "flowers for algernon" when the narrator is just learning to write properly and isn't 'quite' retarded anymore.

I love Hellmuth's blog, if only because it is off the charts on the Bill Simmons unintentional comedy scale. I will cut him some slack for the interesting language use though because talking (or writing) about poker is seemingly always done that way. For example, people almost always describe past hands in the present tense when they are boring you to tears with a bad beat story:"So I have pocket rockets in the cutoff..." :club:

I love Hellmuth's blog, if only because it is off the charts on the Bill Simmons unintentional comedy scale.
Is it just me, or does Phil Hellmuth's blog seem like it is written by a man who is just about to snap? It has an overly (fake) gracious tone, contains tons of run-on sentences, and is filled with his attempts to build himself up to be some kind of larger-than-life gambling figure.Here are some examples of his confused, delusional state from his latest entry:"Over the four-plus hours we played heads up, Jeff seemed to hit so many cards it made my head spin. He would have Q-2 to my 7-5, with a board of 10-7-2-10, and we would bet both streets, then a queen would come (and he would check, I would value bet, and he would call)."He's describing a specific hand using verbs that imply this exact sequence of events occurred several times, which is of course untrue."My buddies Matusow and Bonetti actually shed many tears for me later in their rooms (thanks guys, I love you both as well!)."What? No they didn't. I can guarantee neither of those guys actually cried due to Phil's second place finish. Also, this is one of many times where he describes 'loving' people. I remember there was a hilarious Bill Filmaff episode making fun of this tendency where he goes, "I love Amy... but she's a c*nt.""I hate drinking, and rarely drink as much as I did this night/day, but when I do drink that much I always win big at poker."and"I showed down my hand, and said, "Make sure I get paid the right amount," then I fell on the floor! (Great, now I'm the town drunk!) One hand and I'm up $25,000 and making an idiot of myself."These are parts of his description of a drunken rampage he goes on after his second place finish. It's weird beyond belief. He describes the whole thing with a reflective yet crazed tone where he talks about how stupid he was to do all these crazy things, but always reporting the exact amount of money he won while doing so. The claim that he 'always' wins at poker while very drunk is even more puzzling.In conclusion, I think that our friend Phil Hellmuth may need a visit from the men in white.
I think you need a visit too..your borderline obsession is quite disturbing.
God Phil is such a donk at everything....
it seems that he let some steam going on and get a little too drunk after a big disapointmentthis guy is cool and smart but he had a problem with bad beats so since he's good he get a lot of attention and on top of that he is really good at promoting himself (like our kid)