Event 15 ($10,000 Pot Limit Omaha)

A question for those that have been to the Rio as spectators....how hard is it to get in? I'd like to go down tomorrow to watch the action...what do I need to do to get in?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they released the Payout Structure yet? I know 27 will cash, but how much does each place get?I'm guessing around 500k for first.
Sun Jul 09 23:03:00 PDT 2006PayoutsThe tournament began with a total of 214 players and a prize pool of $2,049,200. 27-19 $12,29518-16 $16,39415-13 $20,49212-10 $24,5909 $40,9848 $61,4767 $81,9846 $102,4605 $122,9524 $143,4443 $184,4282 $360,6591 $655,746Two minute too late !!! Edited by _Great_Dane_
Sun Jul 09 23:03:00 PDT 2006PayoutsThe tournament began with a total of 214 players and a prize pool of $2,049,200. 27-19 $12,29518-16 $16,39415-13 $20,49212-10 $24,5909 $40,9848 $61,4767 $81,9846 $102,4605 $122,9524 $143,4443 $184,4282 $360,6591 $655,746Two minute too late !!!
That's actually a long time.
Im guessing this has a sw attached? Even if it doesnt I have no idea what his Omaha game is like.
I'm pretty sure it's his no1 game, could be wrong but heard that somewhere.
A question for those that have been to the Rio as spectators....how hard is it to get in? I'd like to go down tomorrow to watch the action...what do I need to do to get in?
Just walk on in and enjoy. They don't card (if you aren't 21)...and it's basically very easy to walk around - though not all the tables are accessible. But if theres a final table going on, you can try to get a bleacher seat, or check out the side game action, or whatever. Very free flowing. I went once this year during the limit event/same day as the final table in the short handed NLHE event and a couple times last year, including during the Main Event.It's pretty crazy to see, but definitely worth the trip.

wow what a wsop so far Daniel. In just about every event he has been close to the top at least for a little while. Makes me think maybe there was a silver lining to his back injury :club:

Just walk on in and enjoy. They don't card (if you aren't 21)...and it's basically very easy to walk around - though not all the tables are accessible. But if theres a final table going on, you can try to get a bleacher seat, or check out the side game action, or whatever. Very free flowing. I went once this year during the limit event/same day as the final table in the short handed NLHE event and a couple times last year, including during the Main Event.It's pretty crazy to see, but definitely worth the trip.
Thanks Ryan. I think I'll give it a try.

Sun Jul 09 23:24:00 PDT 2006Sunar Doubles Off NegreanuOn a flop of Qspade3spade5diamond, Daniel Negreanu raises $5,200 and Surinder Sunar calls, leaving himself only $600 behind. The turn is the 7club. Negreanu bets $600 and Sunar calls all-in. Sunar shows QdiamondJspadeJclub10spade. Negreanu has KheartKclubJheart2club. The river is the Aspade, giving Sunar a Jack-high flush. He doubles to $13,000 and Negreanu goes down to $158,000.Still 2nd I believe

DN back down again.Looks like he has lost a couple big hands in a row.Now down from 156kto 130kstill 3rd in chips though.Scot Fischman is at 250k chips!!!! More than 100k above 2nd stack!

Daniel Negreanu eliminates Surinder SunarPot Limit OmahaJul 10, 2006 / 03:06:00 EDTThe flop came Adiams10diams7hearts, Surinder Sunar checked, Daniel Negreanu bet 10k and Sunar called. The turn came Jspades, Sunar raised all inf or 4k and Negreanu called. The players showed:Surinder Sunar Aspades10spadesQclubs?Daniel Negreanu 7diams7clubs2spades2clubsThe river came Qhearts and Negreanu eliminated Sunar with a full house.Negreanu and Habib Go At ItOn a board of 10diamond 5heart 2club 6spade 2heart with the pot around $30,000, Hasan Habib bets $12,000 and Daniel Negreanu calls. Habib shows 6club 5club 4club 3club and takes the pot with a straight. Puts DN under 100k in chips.

Its right.. He called 2 allins and lost.Mike Caro, known for his ability to nurse a shortstack, goes all-in for $7,600 pre-flop. Daniel Negreanu raises the pot and Mike Guttman goes all-in over the top. Negreanu calls. The board comes 10diamond4heart4club4spade7club. Caro shows AclubAdiamondAspade6club, Negreanu shows KheartKdiamondJdiamondclub, and Guttman shows the winning hand of Aheart10spade10heart7heart for a Full House of Tens full of Fours. Negreanu is down to $55,000

II just got through railing DN for about 4 hours, he was on a mad rush there for a while. Only Greentein could hurt him at his table, and he played careful with Barry. After thebreak they brought over Hasan Abib and he had DN coered, the the cards stopped coming. DN was still in alot of pots, bt couldn't ake much happen DN was very cool to his fans, which there were alot of them. Two nice girls wer very excited to be watching DN and let him know they were rooting for him. Looks like he has the sniffles< but is playing well>tHE HOTEL tv INTERNET SET UP SUCKS. vERY HARD TO WORK SO i DOUBT i WILL GET TO TELL YOU MUCH. wISH me luck in tomorrow's $1,000 NL, the cage guy said they are expcting 2500 players.yum yum

II just got through railing DN for about 4 hours, he was on a mad rush there for a while. Only Greentein could hurt him at his table, and he played careful with Barry. After thebreak they brought over Hasan Abib and he had DN coered, the the cards stopped coming. DN was still in alot of pots, bt couldn't ake much happen DN was very cool to his fans, which there were alot of them. Two nice girls wer very excited to be watching DN and let him know they were rooting for him. Looks like he has the sniffles< but is playing well>tHE HOTEL tv INTERNET SET UP SUCKS. vERY HARD TO WORK SO i DOUBT i WILL GET TO TELL YOU MUCH. wISH me luck in tomorrow's $1,000 NL, the cage guy said they are expcting 2500 players.yum yum
obviously you didnt habe aby fre drinkz whil you wer ether.
obviously you didnt habe aby fre drinkz whil you wer ether.
Ha haSober over 25 years , the hotel interface s really hard to work so I oonly appear drunk.
Ha haSober over 25 years , the hotel interface s really hard to work so I oonly appear drunk.
haha, either way I got a dunkered post im :club: hopefully you can give some updates come tomorrow.

Fischman Wins - No, Wait, He Doesn'tThe floor is called after Thomas Wahlroos says Scott Fischman's hand (pocket Kings) are good, but Wahlroos then realizes he has a straight and shows his hand. The floor determines that Wahlroos' hand still plays, but he will be penalized if he mistakes his hand again. More confusion results as Wahlroos is missing chips from the pot - Fischman already began stacking chips after Wahlroos said the Kings were good and he only had Ace-high. Fischman is down to $100,000. That doesn't help Fischman's cause.

McManus Doubles Off NegreanuOn a flop of Jheart6club5club with the pot at $17,500, Daniel Negreanu bets $10,000. Jim McManus moves all-in for $18,500 more. Negreanu calls and shows AspadeAheartQspade4diamond. McManus shows QheartQclubJdiamond6heart. The turn is the 9heart and the river is the 3spade. Negreanu is down to $18,0006AM Edit.At this point, DN is one of the shortstacks with 18k in chips, and only 2 places to go to the money. I remember him saying in a video blog about instead of playing Hand for Hand, they now play round for round, and he made the point of, then players can play slower just to see if someone else goes out. I wonder if he will use this tactic to try to last until the money.

At this point, DN is one of the shortstacks with 18k in chips, and only 2 places to go to the money. I remember him saying in a video blog about instead of playing Hand for Hand, they now play round for round, and he made the point of, then players can play slower just to see if someone else goes out. I wonder if he will use this tactic to try to last until the money.
Doesn't sound like Daniel to play scared like that. Just barely getting into the money must be almost irrelevant to him anyway .
McManus Doubles Off NegreanuOn a flop of Jheart6club5club with the pot at $17,500, Daniel Negreanu bets $10,000. Jim McManus moves all-in for $18,500 more. Negreanu calls and shows AspadeAheartQspade4diamond. McManus shows QheartQclubJdiamond6heart. The turn is the 9heart and the river is the 3spade. Negreanu is down to $18,0006AM Edit.At this point, DN is one of the shortstacks with 18k in chips, and only 2 places to go to the money. I remember him saying in a video blog about instead of playing Hand for Hand, they now play round for round, and he made the point of, then players can play slower just to see if someone else goes out. I wonder if he will use this tactic to try to last until the money.
are you serious?! you think dn is going to stall to squeak into the money?