Fcp Forum Speak Glossary

Aight.. Cobalt, you might as well as FML, cuz lord knows if someone who trolls the board as much as I do doesn't know it, it might as well be part of the basic glossary. :club:
Done. =)
  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I was thinking QFT meant Quite 'effing True until I just finally found out the truth. I guess it does, kind of..
QFT

Is 'degen' really needed?I think your definition is debatable too (I'm being picky for no reason, but I have nothing else to do, please forgive me)... for example, many poker players have a 'high gambling desire', like Phil Ivey, Antonius, Durrr etc etc. Are they degens too?

Sometimes I see members using tl;dr (or something like it). What does it mean?

Is 'degen' really needed?I think your definition is debatable too (I'm being picky for no reason, but I have nothing else to do, please forgive me)... for example, many poker players have a 'high gambling desire', like Phil Ivey, Antonius, Durrr etc etc. Are they degens too?
Phil Ivey is a total degen, he'll gamble on everything. Being a highly skilled and successful poker player and being a degen aren't mutually exclusive.
Phil Ivey is a total degen, he'll gamble on everything. Being a highly skilled and successful poker player and being a degen aren't mutually exclusive.
95% of high stakes poker players are degenerates then.
95% of high stakes poker players are degenerates then.
I'm not completely satisfied with the definition, but I thought it'd be useful. In the old sense, it used to have that uglier, scummier connotation. However, it has evolved somewhat (along with 'nit') to be used in increasingly playful/sarcastic senses.
  • 2 weeks later...
Request to add an explanation of wtf "nice life" is or "nicelife.net" is
Basically, it's MBN ('must be nice').
  • 3 weeks later...
FOSfull of poonot a fan of it but I've seen it a few times now
I've seen POS a decent bit more. Let me ponder on it.Added DoN and BG.
  • 4 weeks later...
Zig-Zag Theory should be put on the list IMO.
I'm not sure I've heard the phrase 'Zig-Zag Theory', but I do agree that some sort of reference to it might be apt.Also, 'zzzzz' is basically a synonym for 'standard', right? If not, care to define it?I'm pondering the o0o0o0o. It's seems somewhat obvious to me.

HX or hx = history it's also used as a medical short forumhx