Fcp Forum Speak Glossary

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
From what I've seen of it lately, it's being used in an increasingly sarcastic sense where people might've used JS before.
IMO does mean 'in my opinion'But more recently it has been used in a sarcastic sense. But not the same as JS. It's now meant to be used in instances when it obviously shouldn't be used... to mock the overuse of the term in general. Such as... "The Oscars are this weekend IMO"
ITT-?
New to me, but Wikipedia says it means "in this thread".My feeling is that AFAIK is relatively widely understood around the internet and doesn't take particular importance or have much popularity in this forum.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hate tl; dr because I have no clue what it means. Please help
Too long; didn't read
Sooooo that's what that means. lol
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, definitely add robusto. I thought it meant "busto" as in busted, until I saw people meant that after a long session/day/week/month they were almost exactly back to their starting point.

Robusto-to break even after being stuck
Haven't heard it used in this specific context. I've always thought it was a blend of 'robust' and 'busto' to imply that someone's doing well (their bankroll is 'robusto'). If you can point me to a citation or two of this particular meaning, I'd appreciate it. I definitely think it'd be a useful word/definition.
Haven't heard it used in this specific context. I've always thought it was a blend of 'robust' and 'busto' to imply that someone's doing well (their bankroll is 'robusto'). If you can point me to a citation or two of this particular meaning, I'd appreciate it. I definitely think it'd be a useful word/definition.
its all over the challenge thread
You are right about what it means, but people have just taken it to mean getting unstuck as well, which is still along the same lines as the original usage.
Is Cossacking getting added?
It should be:Cossack (verb). To welsh on a debt:"Never loan XXXX any money, he's already cossacked three different people this week.""XXXX never loses money while playing Chinese. He either runs the table and wins big, or he runs from the table and cossacks his opponents."
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anybody tell me what Ido means?
Are you referring to 'ldo' (like duh, obviously)?(I assume you're not referring to Ido...the constructed international language.)

Somebody should do a thread like this for FCP memes. You know things that are beyond slang:- pottery- royal hold'em w/PrtyPSux- accept all in withouth to see the floop- dr cossack (scranton)etc.I nominate Marchant for this task.