I agree. Lots of players are not even buying in for 10k, as they win seats online. $25,000 sounds about right you would still get 3000+ in it, the 1st prize is going to be worth about $15 million at this rate!
hmmmm2 mil2.5 mil5 mil7.5 mil....15 milyeah, thats the pace alright
wow... that is amazing...so how many Day 1's will they need?4? then what... 2 - Day 2's?6 days for the 1st two rounds? The logistics are astounding... let's hope they are bringing in porta-potties! :club:
Currently the schedule calls for 4 day 1's and 2 day 2's with a rest day in there it's going to take a week to finish the 1st 2 days of the Main Event pretty insane. It's even rumored the day off after 1D is incase they need a 1E.

the Main Event will keep growing10k is becoming less and less expensive for people, add in the fact that there are so many online and live satellitesthe field will start decreasing when poker starts losing its popularity, and i dont think it will for a while

• 1 month later...
time for a bump
Really?
  • 2 weeks later...
lol no i have capped my sidebets at 2. although gatortom has yet to confirm are bet. just my opinion i could be way off.
I'll bet you 100 dollars that there are more than 7000 in this year's ME. PM me if you want in...lol. I'll give you 4:1 odds.
WSOP Rumors By Barry Shulman, Card Player Chairman - 2006-05-27 It is all over the poker community and the Internet that Harrah's has capped the number of players for the 2006 Championship at 8,000. That is wrong! Admittedly, even Card Player reported it wrong.I personally confirmed with Jeffery Pollack, WSOP Commisioner, that not only is it not capped at 8,000, but they already have accommodations for at least 9,000. Furthermore if demand dictates, they will try to expand even more.
Yeah the field is Ginourmous 1st place should pay over 11 Mill WOW!

Hey Grocery, I have turned that $20 into over $300!!!! Many thanks!!!! Wanna make a bet for 10K entries next year? :club: