Gavin Smith Is A Sick, Sick, Man!

just hope he doesnt get mugged in new orleans like prtpsux
-no **** man...i know a couple of people who had similar run- ins in new orleans this week...sucks

if grocery's chip counts were correct, gavin should be able to just go back to his hotel room and troll through online personal ads for two hours and still win the damn thing.and no, he doesn't need to spend any time with his digital camera because his "portfolio" has already been compiled.

Peter Feldman doubles through Gavin SmithPeter Feldman raised to 18k from under the gun and Gavin Smith pushed in from the button. Feldman called all in for 323k and the players turned up:Peter Feldman [K♦][K♥] Gavin Smith [A♦][J♦] The flop and turn came [6♦][4♠][3♥][8♥] and Smith would need one of 3 [A]'s left in the deck to win the hand. The river came [8♠] and Feldman took the pot to double up.Peter Feldman takes out Kenny BrownMatt Russell raised to 30k from under the gun, Peter Feldman made it 100k, Kenny Brown pushed all in from the big blind, and Russell folded. The players showed:Peter Feldman [K♣][J♣]Kenny Brown [7][7]The board came [J♦][4♣][2♦][8♥][9♠] for Feldman to eliminate Brown in 5th place with $96,600.

Harrah'sNew OrleansNo Limit Hold'emMay 28, 200622:18:14 EDT Gavin Smith knocks out George AbdallahGeorge Abdallah pushed in from the small blind and Gavin Smith called from the big blind. The players turned up:George Abdallah [A♠][2♣] Gavin Smith [A♠][Q♣] The flop came [A♥][6♠][5♠] leaving Smith in the lead with a [Q] kicker. The turn and river came [Q♦][J♣] and Smith took the pot to eliminate George Abdallah in 4th place with $129,200. back on track

Harrah'sNew OrleansNo Limit Hold'emMay 28, 200622:18:14 EDT Gavin Smith knocks out George AbdallahGeorge Abdallah pushed in from the small blind and Gavin Smith called from the big blind. The players turned up:George Abdallah [A♠][2♣] Gavin Smith [A♠][Q♣] The flop came [A♥][6♠][5♠] leaving Smith in the lead with a [Q] kicker. The turn and river came [Q♦][J♣] and Smith took the pot to eliminate George Abdallah in 4th place with $129,200. back on track
But who had the (runner-runner) flush draw?
Harrah'sNew OrleansNo Limit Hold'emMay 28, 200622:18:14 EDT Gavin Smith knocks out George AbdallahGeorge Abdallah pushed in from the small blind and Gavin Smith called from the big blind. The players turned up:George Abdallah [A?][2?] Gavin Smith [A?][Q?] The flop came [A?][6?][5?] leaving Smith in the lead with a [Q] kicker. The turn and river came [Q?][J?] and Smith took the pot to eliminate George Abdallah in 4th place with $129,200. back on track
They both had the Ace of Spades.. Freakin cheaters these pros.

Peter Feldman doubles upGavin Smith raised to 25k from the button and Peter Feldman reraised to 105k from the big blind. Smith reraised to 220k and Feldman pushed all in for 580k total. Smith called and the players showed:Gavin Smith [4♦][4♠]Peter Feldman [K♥][K♣]The board came [Q♣][9♦][3♦][2♠][6♦] and Feldman's pocket kings held to double him up to 1,251,000.Peter Feldman $1,251,000 Gavin Smith $450,000

Harrah'sNew OrleansNo Limit Hold'emMay 29, 200602:35:19 EDT Peter Feldman doubles through Gavin SmithPeter Feldman raised to 36k from the button, Gavin Smith reraised to 126k, Feldman moved all in for 616k total, and Smith called. The players turned up:Gavin Smith [K♥][K♠]Peter Feldman [6♥][6♠]The flop came [9♣][6♣][2♥] giving Feldman the lead with a set. The turn and river came [6♦][7♦] giving Feldman quads to double up to around 1.5m sick!

Eh... Peter Feldman wins... that was a huge up and down roller coaster heads up match I cant wait till they air that on ESPN.
just came back from railing peter for about 14 hours...all I can say is wow...the HU match was the most disgusting thing Ive ever seen, it was an f'ing bloodbath. First gavin had a decent lead, he raises nordberg reraises from the bb, gavin re-raises and nord instantly moves all in..gavin calls with 44 and doubles him up.The HU match lasted about 5 hrs and they played more hands HU than during the whole final table. Nord had gavin at like 250k with a 1.4 mil stack, gavin chipped up and then shoved A4s Peter called with AQ and Gavin hit a 4..it was sick. They had a break aftter that hand and it was incredible how well Peter handled it, he was calm as could be and realized that he was really giving Gavin a hard time. Peter kept playing his game but got a little short on chips, he shoved 66 vs kk and hit quads. Finally he made a good call with AJ pf vs QK and it held. It was sick to watch this whole thing develope, I think there was only four people in the room really rooting for Nordberg (Me, Samenole, and Nordberg's parents), and it was really cool to see him pull through and win the 500k.On another note, Gavin was a riot, he is an amazing player. I thought everyone exagerrated when they talked about how loose he was, but WOW, his level of play is just sick. He dominated the table from 10 handed to 3 handed, and no one could stop him. He seems like an awesome dude and might have been pretty wasted by the end of the HU match..lol.. Anyway, it was a great experience to watch this whole thing, It got me extremely fired up to win something this year. P.S. The espn broadcast is gonna be entertaining, Im sure. I'm just kinda embarrassed that im gonna be "that dude" that yells "DUUUUEEEECE!!". :Dbtw dont know if anyone read this or if it was even reported, but allie prescott (sp?) had a side bet with Gavin, if Allie won gavin would pay him 1 mil over the next ten years, if Gavin won Allie would pay him 700k over the next 10 years. In the 66 vs kk hand, Allie was sweating hard, but he got saved by nordberg at the end of it all. I'm sure all of that will be hyped up in Espn broadcast for sure.
P.S. The espn broadcast is gonna be entertaining, Im sure. I'm just kinda embarrassed that im gonna be "that dude" that yells "DUUUUEEEECE!!". :club:
rofl good to hear you had a good time.congrats to nordberg, thats a great acheivement. how much did first take?
rofl good to hear you had a good time.congrats to nordberg, thats a great acheivement. how much did first take?
500k...Samenole had 4% of him...lol that's like winning a decent sized online tourney.

Feel sorry for Ivey pushing all in with AK on a K high board vs Gavin's KK. Supposedly Gavin's so loose people never put him on a real hand. If you listen to the circuit Gavin really is awesome.

btw dont know if anyone read this or if it was even reported, but allie prescott (sp?) had a side bet with Gavin, if Allie won gavin would pay him 1 mil over the next ten years, if Gavin won Allie would pay him 700k over the next 10 years. In the 66 vs kk hand, Allie was sweating hard, but he got saved by nordberg at the end of it all. I'm sure all of that will be hyped up in Espn broadcast for sure.
That is one sick side bet- 7 million vrs 10 million. These guys play hard!!
That is one sick side bet- 7 million vrs 10 million. These guys play hard!!
I dont think that is what the bet was. From my understanding it was 1 million payed out over 10 years or 700k payed out over 10 years. These guys dont have that much mobney.
I dont think that is what the bet was. From my understanding it was 1 million payed out over 10 years or 700k payed out over 10 years. These guys dont have that much mobney.
ok- that seems more inline with their bankrolls.