Chicken Or The Egg?

Which came first?I vote "the egg". I think the ancestors of the modern chicken were laying eggs before we got ourselves to today's "chicken."Copernicus, BigD, Tim, I expect to hear from all of you on this highly intellectual, relevant topic.Farnan, this topic isn't about poker so you can post on this thread too.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which came first?I vote "the egg". I think the ancestors of the modern chicken were laying eggs before we got ourselves to today's "chicken."Copernicus, BigD, Tim, I expect to hear from all of you on this highly intellectual, relevant topic.Farnan, this topic isn't about poker so you can post on this thread too.
Is there anyway it could be other than the egg? At some point cumulative mutations of a non-chicken genome resulted in the chicken genome, but those mutations assert themselves during embryonic development which occurs in the egg.Ie an already hatched non-chicken doesnt mutate into a chicken and then lay eggs.
Farnan, this topic isn't about poker so you can post on this thread too.
*******. :D I usually shy away from posting about poker--though i do like to read about it. If i posted about poker--all i'd get is "TP/MM" or some other smartass remark--this way it is I who can be the smartass.Answer is simple---I don't know, which means God did it. :club:

Chicken. Egg needs to be sat on and basically babied, at a certain temperature for it to even consider hatching. This is what makes evolutionist so sad- the easy answers completely escape them.

Chicken. Egg needs to be sat on and basically babied, at a certain temperature for it to even consider hatching. This is what makes evolutionist so sad- the easy answers completely escape them.
obviously if you define "chicken" by drawing an arbitrary line in the genetic lineage of modern domestic chickens, the first chicken was incubated by a genetically slightly different proto-chicken. the egg came first.mmmmm, proto-chicken... :club:
YAY GOD
your south park episode sucked
Was this a joke post? Or do you really think that the chicken/egg question has an easy answer, and also proves that evolution never happened?
Since chicken eggs can hatch in incubators or with any substitute source of warmth, your statement is irrelevant.

The chicken definately came first... God made it and then it laid eggs.

Since chicken eggs can hatch in incubators or with any substitute source of warmth, your statement is irrelevant.
Were there incubators on the Galapagos Islands?
The chicken definately came first... God made it and then it laid eggs.
makes sense because god made christianity and it laid an egg too
exactly as many as there were chickens
To get to the other side!Oh wait, wrong thing.
Very nice.And to answer the question, I gotta go with my pro-evolution (saying the phrase pro-evolution seems a lot like saying the phrase pro-"round earth" or pro-"belief that one plus one equals two" but thats neither here nor there, I just like stirring up trouble) cronies and go with the egg, for reasons stated above.

It's obviously a silly question. It is exactly equivalent to asking, "do you believe in evolution or not." We're going to get all the usual responses from all the usual suspects.

That's actually really funny you mention that.A friend of mine is currently at the Galapagos Islands for 6 months. He wrote an email a few weeks ago telling us that he saw the funniest thing...two male tortoises (sp?) were having gay buttsex.I'm not sure what this proves...but I bet Custom would have something to say about it.
That's actually really funny you mention that.A friend of mine is currently at the Galapagos Islands for 6 months. He wrote an email a few weeks ago telling us that he saw the funniest thing...two male tortoises (sp?) were having gay buttsex.I'm not sure what this proves...but I bet Custom would have something to say about it.
And people in Massachusetts thought allowing gay marriage didn't **** everything up.
This is one of the most simplest questions of all timeAnswer: The EggProve: Reptiles laid eggs, well before the chicken ever existed.
:club: Obviously, a "chicken" egg was inferred.
Big suprise that Mr. Tah missed the chicken part. How could you do that? Actually, I don't care, Popeyes chicken was enabled because of this magnificent dirty bird, and a feast fit for a king it is I tell you. Ask for extra cajun gravy, fat boy loves it.
Was this a joke post? Or do you really think that the chicken/egg question has an easy answer, and also proves that evolution never happened?
It was flippant on my part, but the answer is that easy. The egg needs to be incubated, at a certain warmth for a certain amount of time every day, and the actual rooster just happens to do that perfectly- it's a neccesary part of the egg coming to fruition, to life. Without it, it never happens.
How can this even be argued? No intelligent person can argue against evolution.
No, you assumed it is a chicken egg. The question was which came first chicken or egg, I say egg. If its which came first "chicken egg or chicken" thats a different question.There is nothing in the question to make me assume its a chicken egg we are talking about.
No, you assumed it is a chicken egg. The question was which came first chicken or egg, I say egg. If its which came first "chicken egg or chicken" thats a different question.There is nothing in the question to make me assume its a chicken egg we are talking about.
The "chicken egg" had to come before the chicken too. Chickens evolved from creatures that layed egg. Therefore, the first chicken that evolved must have come from and egg, and since that egg had a chicken in it, it was a chicken egg. It does not matter if the parents were not what we consider chickens. But they would have been pretty damn close to them.