Quesiton About Vegas Hotels For The Wosp

hey everyone,i just bought into an event at the wsop.. looking to see what hotels are close to the rio/decently inexpensive. thx..

hey everyone,i just bought into an event at the wsop.. looking to see what hotels are close to the rio/decently inexpensive. thx..
The Rio....
Isn't the Orleans off the strip and near the Rio?
It's in that general area. Not sure how close it is.If you are looking for some place cheap, stay at Imperial Palace right in the middle of the Strip and then walk next door to Harrahs and take the shuttle over to the Rio. I'm staying at Treasure Island and that is what I plan on doing.
If you are looking for some place cheap, stay at Imperial Palace right in the middle of the Strip and then walk next door to Harrahs and take the shuttle over to the Rio.
thats where i'll be staying/doing for the wsop.
Isn't the Orleans off the strip and near the Rio?
it is far away from the rio but the gold coast is right next to the rio and is a decent place, fairly new and clean. i havent seen the rooms but they are usually fairly cheap

Orleans is the way to go. Close to the Rio (a couple of blocks) and the Orleans open will be going on. Look at their website and book a room with the rates for the Open. I beleive it is $50 during the week and $90 on the weekend. Also, traffic will not be a problem since you will be on the same side of the strip and the freeway as the Rio. Rooms are nice and clean, restraunts are inexpensive and decent. Plus the Open is a well run tournament. DN and a lot of pros got their start there. I will be making my 3rd trip to play there in July and I hope to buy in to a WSOP event also. Men the Master and Gavin Griffin played in the Omaha 8 event last year.Birddog

it is far away from the rio but the gold coast is right next to the rio and is a decent place, fairly new and clean. i havent seen the rooms but they are usually fairly cheap
I stay at the Gold Coast every year for a week. The rooms are not immaculate, but are nice enough for the price. I would imagine the rates there will be much less than at the Rio. There is a walk-way through the parking garage of the Gold Coast where you only have to cross one street and you are right at the back door of the Rio.ps. The Orleans are is about a mile from the Gold Coast. The only time I know of that you will not be able to get a room at the Gold Coast is in or around the second week of July, I help run a bowling tournament that week and the hotel is always full, they also have a Handicapping contest going on that same week usually.

If you look on the WSOP site they do a DISCOUNTED room rate at many of the strip hotels for tourny players. Check that out, probably your best bet. Im staying at the Bellagio :club:....it was a birthday gift.

If you are registered into a WSOP event, the Rio is only $109 during the week and $169 on fri-saturday.The Bellagio is very overrated. Crappy service, decent rooms, overpriced, horrible comps. The poker room is nice sure, but during WSOP, obviously not the purpose to play at Bellagio, so I'd stay away from there.Unless you get a penthouse at the Bellagio, their standard deluxe rooms leave most disappointed.Your best bet is to stay at the Rio at the above mentioned special rates or stay at a cheap place like Orleans, Industrial Palace, or Sahara (monorail to Harrahs, shuttle to Rio).Good luck.

Quite impressive if it's true I would say myself :club:
its a combnation of a couple thingsa) ive had a good run the last montho r so (which probably coincides with not looking at FCP for a month)B) im willing to donate for the experiencec) my brother got me a plane ticket from corporate airmiles :)im probably going to look at staying at the imperial or gold coast. gold coast is something liek 50$ a night for the itme id be there, and teh rio is sold out.
its a combnation of a couple thingsa) ive had a good run the last montho r so (which probably coincides with not looking at FCP for a month)B) im willing to donate for the experiencec) my brother got me a plane ticket from corporate airmiles :)im probably going to look at staying at the imperial or gold coast. gold coast is something liek 50$ a night for the itme id be there, and teh rio is sold out.
Well, wish u luck man...

I will second (or was that third) the Orleans. It is close and you dont have to go near the strip if you dont want to. It is a decent hotel and great rates.My buddies and I will stayed there last year and will be staying there again this year.

ryan, I'm not blowing smoke.The Bellagio is "nice" but completely overrated for the dollar. The biggest disappointments are the 'deluxe standard' rooms. They do VIP very nicely, so if you get a Penthouse Suite or above, thumbs up there, they have a separate concierge, separate guest services, etc. which certainly meets the 5-star rating. But the "normal" services are just flat out robbery. Overpriced rooms, food, and bad service overall.

out of curiosuity, can you unregister from WSOP then use that money to buyin to another one? i reg'd for a 1k nl but i was thinking of playing event #2 instead, the 1500 which usually has like 2000 players..

ryan, I'm not blowing smoke.The Bellagio is "nice" but completely overrated for the dollar. The biggest disappointments are the 'deluxe standard' rooms. They do VIP very nicely, so if you get a Penthouse Suite or above, thumbs up there, they have a separate concierge, separate guest services, etc. which certainly meets the 5-star rating. But the "normal" services are just flat out robbery. Overpriced rooms, food, and bad service overall.
Absolutely true. The Bellagio is great for playing poker but staying there is dissapointing. I love the Wynn and the poker rate is $129/night. Another sweet deal is the Monte Carlo. Sometimes $69/79 per night internet rate and they have a tram shuttle directly into the Bellagio. Stay at a nice place and shuttle to the Rio, it's worth it. The Monte Carlo poker room is small and easy $$.I also agree that the Orleans is decent for the $$ since they have done a renovation and is close enough to the Rio.

You guys may be interested to know that Rio has $69 rates now for much of the Monday-Thursday dates during WSOP. Use code: ISUMR06 when you call or book online.Can't beat $69 rates at the Rio...I don't care how close you stay.

There is a great spot very close by the Rio...and it's FREE!It's just under the bridge where Flamingo crosses the 15 freeway. Very secluded (althought traffic and getting a shower will be a problem).