• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story arc through seasons 3 and 4 is amazing. I think 4 was my favorite.
If I absolutely had to choose I'd give the nod to season 4, but I agree. 3/4 were as good as it got on that show for me.
i actually disliked season 5, and thought it was extremely weak as compared to the other four seasons. thoughts?
Season 5 is still good television but mos def a step down from the rest of the seasons.
There were parts of season 5 I really liked and parts I could have done without but it was still good overall. I really enjoyed most of the "wrap-up" for the characters.
i agree. and love you.i actually disliked season 5, and thought it was extremely weak as compared to the other four seasons. thoughts?
I think it just seems weak in comparison to season's 3 and 4, which were the pinacle of artistic achievement ( I liked 3 the best). I think season 5, though not as good, is still better than 99 Percent of television shows that have been made.
got through the second season of the wire and starting to really like the show. Damn does mcnaulty bang some hot chicks. I am in love with his ex-wife. Lets see how season 3 goes.
Season 3 is great, and 4 is phenomenal.
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW just finished season 4. Damn show went a whole different route than the other seasons but I really liked it. Hopefully can start season 5 by Friday. I think once I finish season 5 I might watch season 4 all over again. It was just that damn good.

WOW just finished season 4. Damn show went a whole different route than the other seasons but I really liked it. Hopefully can start season 5 by Friday. I think once I finish season 5 I might watch season 4 all over again. It was just that damn good.
It kind of always catches me off guard when a show introduces completely new characters or story lines but after a few episodes of Season 4, I was good to go.
It kind of always catches me off guard when a show introduces completely new characters or story lines but after a few episodes of Season 4, I was good to go.
And the way the Wire ties the new in with the old is brilliant.
  • 2 weeks later...

okay I see what you all meant by season 5 being a bit disappointing. Two things that pissed me off more than anything about the show is one how both bodie and Omar got taken out. Those two I just really liked. I must thank you all for suggesting this show. Amazing TV.

okay I see what you all meant by season 5 being a bit disappointing. Two things that pissed me off more than anything about the show is one how both bodie and Omar got taken out. Those two I just really liked. I must thank you all for suggesting this show. Amazing TV.
I agree that Bodie's death was a shock, and I'd been hoping to see some episodes focusing on him and where he came from. Omar's death was obviously shocking too, but also sort of expected since the series was ending and it was a memorable way for him to go out. I think the saddest part of the whole series is probably Bodie's death. Or when Bubbles tries to kill himself.
I agree that Bodie's death was a shock, and I'd been hoping to see some episodes focusing on him and where he came from. Omar's death was obviously shocking too, but also sort of expected since the series was ending and it was a memorable way for him to go out. I think the saddest part of the whole series is probably Bodie's death. Or when Bubbles tries to kill himself.
The thing I loved about both of their deaths (and this has been mentioned in here before) was that neither of them were these epic, overdone moments - which the Wire never did. They were more or less quick, random, and surprising, which made them seem more realistic.

For those that might be curious about David Simon's upcoming projects he actually has 2 coming to HBO. The first one is a series called Treme about musicians in New Orleans. The pilot episode started filming last month on site in New Orleans. Wendell Pierce (Bunk) from The Wire is supposed to be one of the stars of the show.His other project is Manhunt, a HBO miniseries that is in development with one of the creators of Oz called Manhunt that will focus on the 12 days after the Lincoln Assassination while John Wilkes Booth was on the run

Very true. Once I started watching the Series I never went back to read any of the thread . I would just write and continue reading from where I wrote. I really wish I watched the show as it came out so I could have contributed to the thread back then. The points you guys made throughout the thread were so spot on it is kinda scary. Yeah both were so as a matter of fact deaths and I think that is what made it more amazing. For me I thought Michael was going to be the one to take out Omar. But so much more happier with the way it turned out. And yes you have to feel bad for Dookie.

I am half way through season 4. Thank god for the flu!I seriously love this show, like Bob said in an earlier post from the same creative brains from Homicide and I feel the show really brings the essence and grittiness that HLOTS had and then adds a whole heap more! I am really trying not to read the spoilers on page 5 for season 4...should be done the season tomorrow.

I am half way through season 4. Thank god for the flu!I seriously love this show, like Bob said in an earlier post from the same creative brains from Homicide and I feel the show really brings the essence and grittiness that HLOTS had and then adds a whole heap more! I am really trying not to read the spoilers on page 5 for season 4...should be done the season tomorrow.
Whatever you do, don't read the posts above you!! And yeah, I loved HLOTS, I watched it after watching the Wire.