Problem With Online Play

well, i've been performing some experiments with potentially TP/MT this summer, including testing my ability to play for extended periods.i've found it very hard to 4-table for more than an hour or two without getting headaches. they aren't terrible or anything, but really annoying and bother me for a good while after i'm done.anyone have any solutions for avoiding/helping them? I'd prefer not to take any medication...one thing i'm thinking of is a kind of screen i saw on eBay a while back. basically it was just a light blue screen that supposedly took off some of the glare of LCD monitors. scam or good?Thanks,Daniel

I've been playing all day on monday and wednesdays for the past month. I understand what you mean. If you start to get headaches after 2 hours, just attempt to plan your day around it. I play for a couple of hours, then eat lunch, play for a couple of hours, then try to exercise(you would laugh at this if you saw me). Just plan when you are going to play, and attempt to do something else productive while you take a break.

I've been playing all day on monday and wednesdays for the past month. I understand what you mean. If you start to get headaches after 2 hours, just attempt to plan your day around it. I play for a couple of hours, then eat lunch, play for a couple of hours, then try to exercise(you would laugh at this if you saw me). Just plan when you are going to play, and attempt to do something else productive while you take a break.
thanks - i'm actually planning on starting to work out a bit, which is equally hilarious for me, but i'll need some exercise.the other problem is the hours. i'd prefer not to plan my whole day around day around getting in my 6-8 hours, but the breaks make sense.

Stop being a baby and suck it up.Or take adderall, and you can play focused like Phil Ivey for 12 hours at a time. That is what I do and it has helped my game tremendously. I don't think Im ADD, but adderall is a freaking wonderdrug.EDIT: If you take adderall, you're just going to have to ignore the whole grinding your teeth feeling like you are on crack sense than you get...it really is a magical pill for poker playing or studying.

They go away after about six months or so of working on a computer all day, every day. This may or may not coincide with losing your will to carry on living.

Make sure your monitor's refresh rate is set high enough to avoid "flickering" (I think 70hz is the recommended minimum to use). If you open up a blank white text/other document and look to the side past your monitor and notice it is flickering, it could just be that the refresh rate is what's hurting your eyes.To fix this go into desktop properties -> settings -> advanced -> monitor and change the screen refresh rate. Make sure you dont use one your monitor isn't capable of using at your selected resolution though.

i'm one of those people that don't get headaches. i do get a form of migraine where my vision goes screwy (spiral prisms, loss of focal point, tunnel vision, demi-field loss, all the signs of a migraine), but none of the pain.my dad gets it too. alien body snatching?maybe.

i'm one of those people that don't get headaches. i do get a form of migraine where my vision goes screwy (spiral prisms, loss of focal point, tunnel vision, demi-field loss, all the signs of a migraine), but none of the pain.my dad gets it too. alien body snatching?maybe.
lol, i get that all the time...annoying as hell. Except i get the added bonus of excruciating pain that follows
Does it annoy you to type out "-- Jordan" in every post?BTW, I'm your biggest fan.
lmao.I'm so glad I have fans! I'm an old forum nerd. Back in the day I was always the only guy that did that...still do..just kinda stuck. I can't stop ok. I just can't.- Jordan

mosely i get those too, all i need to do is look away from my computer for a couple of seconds and then everything goes back to normal, but i never get any pain with it

Try taking shorter, more frequent breaks, if you don't want your 6-8 hours to take you all day. It might be frustrating or throw you off at first, but you should try it. It's good for your brain and for you wrists. Play for 30 minutes, and then sit out a few hands. Go make a snack, do 50 jumping jacks, or stare out the window and think about poker for 3 minutes.

- I was having similiar problems related to reading for long periods of time. My doctor told me to take short breaks during which I would try to focus my vision on something as far in the distance as possible. It helped.

well, i've been performing some experiments with potentially TP/MT this summer, including testing my ability to play for extended periods.i've found it very hard to 4-table for more than an hour or two without getting headaches. they aren't terrible or anything, but really annoying and bother me for a good while after i'm done.anyone have any solutions for avoiding/helping them? I'd prefer not to take any medication...one thing i'm thinking of is a kind of screen i saw on eBay a while back. basically it was just a light blue screen that supposedly took off some of the glare of LCD monitors. scam or good?Thanks,Daniel
i went out to the asian computer markets and bargained them down on some cables, then plugged my PC into the plasma TV, i sit on the couch with wireless mouse and keyboard and eat stale cheetos in my underwear all day playing poker. the big TV screen helps my eyes
I just love the pain that accompanies a migrane. I'm pretty dissapointed I don't get the vision problems as well. It might mix up my migraine experience every once in a while.