***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

How the hell did Bill Mueller win a batting title
Haha, very true. .326 was the lowest average to win the AL batting title since Rod Carew won it with .316 in 1972. It did however happen many times in the NL more recently than that. On an unrelated note, I would like to restate my love of Alex Cora. I couldn't imagine a better backup middle infielder.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know the last time a Red Sock led the league in stolen bases???
Jesus. Turns out it was Tommy Harper in 1973 with 54. Interesting note: Dom DiMaggio has the record for fewest stolen bases to lead the league - 15 in 1950.
Jesus. Turns out it was Tommy Harper in 1973 with 54. Interesting note: Dom DiMaggio has the record for fewest stolen bases to lead the league - 15 in 1950.
Nice! Also wow at 15 leading the league, and wow at Dom DiMaggio winning a SB title!

pfft that'll show all those who thought Beckett not going was a big deal. Jason Bay - Thanks for hitting a homer that was 100x more important than Manny's today.Ellsbury - You're sick kid, keep ripping up those Angels in outfield.Red Sox > Angels10 straight!

Hey Tim... is it worth it? Was the joy of 2004 worth all the pain leading up to it? Because the cubs are making me have a nervous breakdown...
I can only give a results-based answer - there is no guarantee the Cubs will win in your lifetime :club: .But yes. No matter what happens this October, things are always fun again in April.
I come to you for comfort, and you give me despair.
Life is hard. No sense sugar-coating it.Seriously though, the Sox came back from 0-2 vs the Indians in '99 and vs the A's in '03 like it wadn't no thang. It ain't over yet :club:.Just for fun, check out the Indians lineup that series:Lofton VizquelR. AlomarM. RamirezThomeBainesJusticeFrymanS. Alomar :icon_eek:vs Offerman ValentinVaritekNomaaaaahO'LearyStanleyDaubachLewisNixon
Life is hard. No sense sugar-coating it.Seriously though, the Sox came back from 0-2 vs the Indians in '99 and vs the A's in '03 like it wadn't no thang. It ain't over yet :club:.Just for fun, check out the Indians lineup that series:Lofton VizquelR. AlomarM. RamirezThomeBainesJusticeFrymanS. Alomar :icon_eek:vs Offerman ValentinVaritekNomaaaaahO'LearyStanleyDaubachLewisNixon
That Indians team should have won 3 World Series, and the fact that they won zero is a disgrace.

Couple things so far:LOLOL at Torre Hunter injuring his knee arguing a call. I laughed for about a minute. Jason Bay = <3I cannot believe we got the worst guys in the booth that TBS has to offer. Seriously?! Chip Carey and Buck Martinez. WTF. Buck Martinez is a bum, and make John Madden look like Thoreau. I have no idea how many times I've just blinked and shook my head after something he's said. Chip is totally clueless, he has no expertise for what he speaks of. I can't believe so many people thought the Angels we're just going to walk in here and take this series, haha best team in baseball my ass, these guys are awful.

Couple things so far:LOLOL at Torre Hunter injuring his knee arguing a call. I laughed for about a minute. Jason Bay = <3I cannot believe we got the worst guys in the booth that TBS has to offer. Seriously?! Chip Carey and Buck Martinez. WTF. Buck Martinez is a bum, and make John Madden look like Thoreau. I have no idea how many times I've just blinked and shook my head after something he's said. Chip is totally clueless, he has no expertise for what he speaks of. I can't believe so many people thought the Angels we're just going to walk in here and take this series, haha best team in baseball my ass, these guys are awful.
Chip is 1000000x better than Dick Stockton, man just trust me!
That Indians team should have won 3 World Series, and the fact that they won zero is a disgrace.
ugh don't remind me.

I have a message for Joe Saunders tommorrow.1514.jpgHis FIP is 4.43 and his xFIP is 4.75 so hes been running sick good this year. Plus in previous years hes been pretty shitty. Also the Red Sox crush lefties and good offences crush finesse pitchers. Joe Saunders is going down.

His FIP is 4.43 and his xFIP is 4.75 so hes been running sick good this year. Plus in previous years hes been pretty shitty. Also the Red Sox crush lefties and good offences crush finesse pitchers. Joe Saunders is going down.
what are these fancy stats?