***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Everyone on the Angels was rocking the Derek Lowe face by the end of the game last night.
As some commentator said, at the start of the series the Angels wouldn't be particularly happy to be going to Boston 1-1. Down 0-2 has really gotta hurt.On another note, what's with the Masterson love?? I was kind of (extremely) surprised that he came out for the 8th after pitching the 7th. Something wrong with Manny Delcarmen?? And then if you're gonna bring Papelbon in when they threaten, why not just bring him in to start the inning? Makes very little sense. Instead of letting him just get 6 outs and win, you let a man get in scoring position and then tell Pap to get 6 outs. Is Manny Delcarmen hurting? I kind of expected him to be our #2 right-handed reliever (behind Pap)."We're not getting eliminated tonight." - Mike Sciosciaok
Masterson is better against right handers than MDC and the only lefthander on the Angels normal lineup is Anderson.
MDC is proving this wrong ha. Masterson has been pretty inconsistent since the end of the season, I'd rather have Manny in there in the 8th over Justin. Over/Under on appearances by Timlin this postseason? lolIt's been a good game so far, Angels are fighting hard and should be winning easily, just some bad communication by Kendrick and Hunter, and a ball that bounces out of Anderson's glove have given the Red Sox all of their runs. Doesn't help too much that Beckett was piss poor and very agonizing to watch. Napoli has been a beast.
Over/Under on appearances by Timlin this postseason? lol
He didn't make the roster, at least for the first round.Ugh at tonight's game. I'm sure even Angels fans are saying ugh after that win though - shoulda been a cakewalk for them.

This Boston/LAA series has been by far the best postseason series so far. Game 4, 2-2 tie in the top of the 9th, runner on 3rd with one out. The Angels MUST score right now....if they don't it's over.OMFG the Angels just tried a suicide squeeze and completely threw the game away. God smallball is such a complete joke.....that's just flat out unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE. Scoscia will deserve EVERY SINGLE PIECE of criticism he gets this offseason if the Angels lose this game...that's just stupid.

you AL fans disgust me.
I'm a sox fan because I"ve spent the whole life in the area, but I love NL baseball through and through. Getting by the squeeze seems more luck than anything, but it was a terrific series.

Great game, although had we lost I would have different feelings I'm sure. But really, great defense on both sides, exciting to watch. Man it must suck to be an Angels fan!Red Sox vs Rays could be a helluva series. Hopefully nobody gets hurt...

Red Sox vs Rays could be a helluva series. Hopefully nobody gets hurt...
I'm really looking forward to this. The Rays are a very talented team with nothing to lose, who play us tough. It's going to be fun with these two teams over the next few years, leaving the Yankees behind as the third wheel, and poor Toronto in fourth, despite being good enough to win any other division in baseball...I'm putting the over/under at 1.5 for Coco Crisp HBPs.
I'm putting the over/under at 1.5 for Coco Crisp HBPs.
I think it'll go 6 or 7 games so I'll take the over.Any insight into the Justin Masterson love from Tito? Tonight was the second time I not only expected to see Delcarmen come in when Masterson did, but also the second time I expected Masterson to be pulled earlier than he was. I'll probably check out SOSH at some point, I'm sure there are pages about every pitch Masterson has thrown this series.

I think youll see much more Delcarmen this series because the Rays have a much more balanced lineup in terms of righthanders vs lefthanders and there lineup is ordered in a way that each side is spread out. With the Angels they would go S, L, S, R, R, R, R, R, S so for that streak of 5 righthanders in a row Tito would go to Masterson who has been good vs righties and pretty bad vs lefties and then for go to Okajima for the switch hitters and Anderson.Its still a little surprising Delcarmen didnt pitch those Masterson innings though.

you AL fans disgust me.
You should try following major league baseball teams instead of the minor league teams in the NL. Perhaps there is a reason why the AL is so enormously superior than the NL right now.......
You should try following major league baseball teams instead of the minor league teams in the NL. Perhaps there is a reason why the AL is so enormously superior than the NL right now.......
Hey just because the AL has won 11 of the last 16 WS and 10 of the last 11 All-Star Games (the 11th one being a tie), doesn't meant that the AL isn't awesome! Wait, what was I saying?
Hey just because the AL has won 11 of the last 16 WS and 10 of the last 11 All-Star Games (the 11th one being a tie), doesn't meant that the AL isn't awesome! Wait, what was I saying?
AL invented the DH and astroturff. /thread
AL invented the DH NL invented astroturff.
fypIt's funny because you're so mistaken! Astroturf was first used in the Astrodome (whodathunkit??). Last time I checked the Astros played in the Astrodome, and the Astros have always been a National League team.
fypIt's funny because you're so mistaken! Astroturf was first used in the Astrodome (whodathunkit??). Last time I checked the Astros played in the Astrodome, and the Astros have always been a National League team.
meh, the DH is literally the worst idea in sports history. :club:
meh, the DH is literally the worst idea in sports history. :club:
pfft or maybe making the pitcher hit is the worst idea ha or not.I think what gets lost in that clincher over the Angels is Jon Lester. That was one of the best performances I've seen by Lester this year and that is saying a lot about a guy that tossed a no no.
I think what gets lost in that clincher over the Angels is Jon Lester. That was one of the best performances I've seen by Lester this year and that is saying a lot about a guy that tossed a no no.
Very true, Lester won that series for us. Rays better look out too cuz Timmy Wake is on the prowl for the ALCS!

Gotta jump on Kazmir tonight, if we lose though I think taking 1 of 2 is gotta be considered a success. Not sure if we're going to see J.D. Drew tonight, so Coco might be in the lineup which I wouldn't mind too much.

Gotta jump on Kazmir tonight, if we lose though I think taking 1 of 2 is gotta be considered a success. Not sure if we're going to see J.D. Drew tonight, so Coco might be in the lineup which I wouldn't mind too much.
I wouldn't mind seeing Coco either. You get to sit J.D. against a tough lefty and rest his back, but you still have him available if needed later on. Coco's not a bad hitter right handed, and has had success against Kazmir in the past (though nothing like Pedroia's 14-25). 1 out of 2 is definitely a success, but I'd really like to put the pressure on. We got 9 runs in 3 innings against Kazmir last time and have roughed him up 3 out of 4 times this year. Coming back to Fenway 2-0 with Lester up pretty much means the series is over.