***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a thought...if we lose Lowel and don't want to spend 3 billion on A-rod...How about JD Drew at 1b, Youk at 3rd, and an outfield of Manny, Coco and Jacoby?
this would be weakening your defense at third, first, and maybe right. as an added bonus, would weaken your lineup.
But in all seriousness, there have been whispers of moving him, so as an objective Boston fan, what do you think it would take to get him?
my hope is if Santana gets dealt, its to the Dodgers for something like Chad Billingsley, Matt Kemp and Scott Elbert, allowing the Sox to trade Crisp in a package to the Dodgers for Andy Laroche.Should my moving a rubbertree plant high hopes not happen, if the Sox dont need Crisp to fill a hole at third, I'd guess they would move Coco for a possible high impact/far away prospect. Maybe someone like Chris Parmalee in the Twins system.
He definitely surpassed my wildest expectations of him this year. On a side note...Fever Pitch is on FX right now. I know a lot of Red Sox fans have bashed it...but I like it. I really don't know what they expected it to be, but I dont see how something that came out of Hollywood could have been better. Its also another reason why Red Sox/Boston fans are the best fans in sports. They never made a movie about any other fans.
On a side note...Fever Pitch is on FX right now. I know a lot of Red Sox fans have bashed it...but I like it. I really don't know what they expected it to be, but I dont see how something that came out of Hollywood could have been better. Its also another reason why Red Sox/Boston fans are the best fans in sports. They never made a movie about any other fans.
Ugh. I don't agree with this.But I do agree with Pedroia being ROY! Yay! He certainly deserved it.
Ugh. I don't agree with this.
When I said it couldn't have been better, I didn't mean it was great, I meant I didn't have high expectations and I accept it for what it is. I know some people had a problem with them filming on the field at the very moment the Red Sox won the World Series, but I have no problem with it. Its really a compliment. They sure as hell didn't just happen to be filming any movies about the White Sox or the Cardinals or the Marlins when they won the world series.
When I said it couldn't have been better, I didn't mean it was great, I meant I didn't have high expectations and I accept it for what it is. I know some people had a problem with them filming on the field at the very moment the Red Sox won the World Series, but I have no problem with it. Its really a compliment. They sure as hell didn't just happen to be filming any movies about the White Sox or the Cardinals or the Marlins when they won the world series.
I had a problem with the filming, but really I was reacting to the idea that the existence of a movie about Sox fans means that Sox fans are the greatest fans. I think we have awesome fans, but that's not why.
I had a problem with the filming, but really I was reacting to the idea that the existence of a movie about Sox fans means that Sox fans are the greatest fans. I think we have awesome fans, but that's not why.
Yeah, you're right, but it adds to the lore of Red Sox fandom.
So when does the movie about the loyalty of Twins fans come out?
Wasn't Rookie of the Year about the Twins?Not totally about loyalty....or maybe it is...I haven't seen it.I'd like to get out of this conversation, but before I do, I'll point out that a big reason why that movie got made is because of the quantity, not quality of Sox fans.
And THIS is why I hate Red Sox fans as much as I hate the Yankees.
Nice...a couple of weeks ago you hated us more. Softening up any? Admit it...Pedroia's grittiness is infectious.

And once again, you (flush) demonstrated WHY I dislike 'the NATION'. Whereas sports fans hate Yankee fans because of their sense of entitlement and jerk-off-ery, I now hate you guys because of many Boston fan's 'we're better than you' mentality. And I don't mean the team, because there is no doubt that the Red Sox are a far superior team to my Twins.

meh, all the people in New England know that there are the fans and then there are the "fans". Pretty much anyone who has jumped on this bandwagon and abandoned their own teams can go to hell.

Ugh. I don't agree with this.But I do agree with Pedroia being ROY! Yay! He certainly deserved it.
Yup!This whole "Red Sox Nation" hype/thing has gotten out of control, imho (but then again, Schaughnessy has always gotten on my nerves :club:). Definitely some strange quantity over quality thing going on.Re-sign Lowell.
Welcome! Good first post, concise and correct :club:.
TY TIM WAKEFEILD i amnew to this sight i am a baseball NUT and poker feind Im not to sure how to do everything e\yet but im sure i will fig it out any pointers could u send me a email?
TY TIM WAKEFEILD i amnew to this sight i am a baseball NUT and poker feind Im not to sure how to do everything e\yet but im sure i will fig it out any pointers could u send me a email?
This thread should help you figure out what people are talking about. Send a private message to Governator if you need help figuring out how to navigate the site.