***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN WIN THIS GAME PLEASEAlso Manny, its ok to admire it when its a walkoff, but not when you're still down 7-3.
he cracks me up i love him more every time he does something sillywow what a catch by osdfhsfhdsoh cabrera!

Boston is far from out of it. Only paying 5-1 for boston to win the next 3 Clev is only -500 to win one game. Plus leave baseball to another city you guys have the Celtics and Pats to look forward to. Hell if the Bruins were any good Iam thinking Boston sports fans have it made.

Come on no posts on the Manny comments. Sounds like he thinks the season is over, probably goes 2-3 with a hr.
3 words: Slow News Day.The Manny comments are barely interesting. Yeah, I get it, Manny's from another planet. Weeeeeee. He's going to try hard and hit the stitching out of the ball, and if they don't win, they'll be right back next year. Maybe if *anyone* else on the Red Sox was as loose and carefree as Manny they wouldn't be pressing so hard. Of course, if they weren't trotting Lugo, Crisp, Drew, and co. at the bottom of the order, that might help, too.Manny's comments are a complete non-issue. The media is running with it because they have jack squat else to talk about today with football a couple days away, and the NBA season still approaching. There is also that sport with the sticks,pucks, and mullets that used to be on TV that they could talk about. But they'll focus on Manny. And we'll switch the dial to FM classic rock and they'll lament their low ratings for the day.

Manny's saying all the right things (save for perhaps a poorly worded line (delivered in his second language no less)), is performing magnificently, and clearly has the best possible mindset (i.e. he's not on tilt like some of the other Sox players) and yet the media's jumping all over him. It's beyond stupid. It annoys me that the media gives Manny the treatment he gets. He works harder than anyone on the team, yet all you hear about is how he's an idiot savant who couldn't care less.

Plus leave baseball to another city you guys have the Celtics and Pats to look forward to. Hell if the Bruins were any good Iam thinking Boston sports fans have it made.
agreed...read the blog I wrote in April about how good we have it, and this was before the Celtics got good too.http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...iendID=41525373
Ok, back to Boston. If we can somehow pull this out, I think Tavarez should be on the roster for the WS and Gagne should be left off.
Not a bad idea. Tavarez's numbers aren't sparkling, but he did a good job for us this year and probably deserves more recognition than he's getting. He's a sinkerballer, so he'd be a good guy to bring in with guys on base. Considering Gagne's numbers/look/overall performance have been awful and there's no situation anyone wants him in, yeah, Tavarez is looking good.Of course, Sox have to make it first. Too lazy to look it up, but I think I saw that teams down 3-1 have won 50% of the time if they force a game 6. Not sure what kind of sample we're dealing with here, and really this should regress to the mean over time, but this is a good time to look for reasons to be optimistic. The Sox have done it before, with many of the same players, from a tougher spot, with the weight of "the curse," ending on the road. Here, we're going back home with some momentum, confidence, and postseason beast (for the most part) Schilling on the hill. I'm feeling good. I wouldn't bet my eyes on a Sox World Series, but I'm not in the throes of despair many people around here (Boston, not FCP...don't blame them for rooting for Cleveland) seem to be in. It makes no sense to me. Talk radio (secondhand knowledge...I don't listen to it) is suggesting that the season's a failure if we don't win this series. Preposterous! Tying for the best record in baseball, winning the division, winning a post season series, and then losing to the other team with the best record is not a failure. It will be disappointing, but have some perspective. Of course Manny has perspective and look what happens. I guess controversy gets better ratings and there's plenty out there who eat that crap up. How anyone can say he's given up when he's had such a monster postseason is beyond me. He should get some heat for his single tonight....that was indefensible, but the only criticism I can level against him for his comments the other day was that he shouldn't have said something that you know people were going to overreact about. Blah. I hope he hits five home runs in the remaining two games, Sox win the series, he wins co-MVP with Beckett, and when the media talks to him after the game he tells them that's just him giving up. Oh, and to **** themselves.
Ok, back to Boston. If we can somehow pull this out, I think Tavarez should be on the roster for the WS and Gagne should be left off.
Too bad Tavarez couldn't hit.. We could stick him in CF or at short.... We're playing games giving up like 12 at-bats.. Far more significant than how bad our 5th guy out of the pen is (5th guy w/ a shortened starting rotation, that is).

They always kick ass complete with grand slams on my birthday (see: 2004 Game 7).Lot to feel good about right now. Let's hope they can keep it going...play off this momentum.

Hereeee weeeee goooooo.Francona said it's going to be Okajima first out of the pen no matter what...But what if it just happens to be the 3rd or 4th inning?Ah anyway. Go Sox! Second time around against Westbrook, obviously looking for better results than the first.