I Called In Sick Today

in the last 20 minutes, I finally got around to linking stuff to get NHL data to pull in vs. my fantasy team (or anyone else's fantasy team). so that's something I'll probably use at work to pull stock quotes, or whatever. I have a fund that needs goddamn commodity index data pulled every day at pricing and that's all available on yahoo finance.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

when you're sober on a saturday night you geek out vis a vis the excel

when you're drunk on a saturday night you freak out vis a vis the chick

we need to find you something new

how do you feel about ether?

• Like 1

I never talked to the chick when I was drunk. I am just susceptible to agitation, it was a POTENTIAL problem.

Good on you for that. When I catch a nice buzz, I am prone to texting lots of people until I get responses. I can be a chatty little bitch

• Like 1

Yesterday when I went to pick up my car I used my debit card to pay. Only the card is declined. So, ok, obviously put my pin in wrong. Try it again and declined again. So I pull up my account on my mobile app and, just like I thought, there's well more than necessary to cover the $720. bill. So I call the bank, Chase, to figure out what the hell is going on.

At this point I can't go get cash from the bank because they are already closed and, even if they weren't, the bank is 3 miles away and both my wife and oldest are at work. So I wait on hold while listening to an automated message tell me they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. 25 minutes go by and I decide to put them on speaker, pull up the mobile app again and transfer money into another account I have that we rarely use anymore but I have a different card for. It works fine.

Fast forward 3 hours and I get an email from Chase telling me that my card was one that was affected by the Target breach and my spending limits have been lowered to $100 in cash withdraws and $300 in purchases per day until I receive a new card. Got up this morning and read a news story that they did the same to every customers card that was affected. My wife also received an e-mail that the same had happened to her card.

While I'm glad Chase is taking steps to protect my account (actually save themselves from having to replace stolen money), it seems like they could have done a better job of letting us know in advance that this was going to happen. Especially the weekend before Christmas. No wonder their customer service line was experiencing a high volume of calls. Can you imagine the number of people that were out Christmas shopping and waited in ridiculously long lines only to have their card not work when they went to pay?

Also, apparently we shop at Target too much.

A man can never have enough beer bar signs.

Unless he doesn't have a bar.

Or his own house.

• Like 1

other obvious issue being not drinking has turned into a pride thing

Yeah, we get it guy. You have more will than all of us. Whatever. Where is that getting ya, besides thin and lonely