I Called In Sick Today

Late response to mexi-melt: I lift weights about every other day. One day is squats, bench press and standing barbell rows. The next day I lift is squats, standing barbell military press and deadlifts. Squat everytime I lift because its a fantastic exercise and hits more muscles in one lift than anything you can do. Days I lift I usually just do 30 minutes on the elliptical or something for some low impact cardio. Off days I do intervals which I either make up on my own or follow one of those DVDs I mentioned. Either sprints or hills. Intervals are better than traditional cardio because they make you tap into your anaerobic zone which beefs up the metabolism better. It's more efficient. You get the afterburn effect that you get with weights that you continue to burn calories long after you finish your workout. Theyre also good for my line of work since we run into a lot of situations where we have to do something all out for a minute or two then we need to recover quick and then go all out again. Gotta keep the heart in good shape. I have a resting heart rate in the 40s which I never had when I was just jogging for my cardio.

Everybody needs to eat lots of fiber. In the last 2 weeks we've had 2 seperate dudes that we found dead on their bathroom floor who passed out while trying to push out a huge poop and hit their head when they fell off the toilet. What a stupid way to die.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

That is absurd

No issues over here

Strat, I dont think anyone seriously suggested being a prick to them. As a lifelong employee an never being the big boss, you just eat crow, thats the way it goes

I would have loved to tell some people that they arenl complete idiots, or that they dont deserve their position, but like you said, thats temporary satusfaction for no gain

First Tilt post I've ever liked.

What does one do once all their dreams and goals have been fulfilled?

I feel like Ive drowned about fifty times here. And probably will another 100 before its said and done.

Don't worry, she'll probably lose interest before you get that far.

Ronny what's latest on the wedding? Keep up a guy updated.

Hanky arent to buying a house or selling a house or building a house or something? Quit holding out.

Thera, don't you live in Boston? What's the news on the Red Sox, they gonna win the division?

Cane how'd you run today?

Nap you heard from the bartender chick?

Tommy you had sex in the last five minutes?

Tilty and jubi are out cause they made fun of me earlier. Probably thought I forgot but I didn't.

I like that (almost) everybody will happily respond to this type of post. We all just want to talk about ourselves. Except me. I want to talk about you.

I have no friends now (locally) but at that age, I was flush with peeps

Yeah, but at that age for you, there was no internet.

I'd rather talk about essay and his sitch, but he's basically stopped responding to most of my inquiries

And there was too internet when i was 27. How old is Stratty now? I remember selling WebTV when working at Circuit City and people doing AOL chat rooms. Agreed that its way different now, but I like being social and being around people.

Didnt i go to the bar last week? Two bars. Even chatted up two fellas who were clearly trolling for broads. Guy mentioned abour a group of girls across the way but there was one grenade. I explained to him my two theories. The weak antelope theory. Go after the one with the limp, easier to catch. Law of the wild.

Then I explained my theory of a girl being 27-33% prettier when my dick is in her mouth (then I mymed a face fck while holding the head). I think they found it amusing

Point is, I like being out and about. Depression, in strats case, i feel, comes from being holed up doing the same shit night after night, month after month.

I could be wrong.

• Like 1

The best of shows are kinda sucky. But the interview has never been my favorite part of the show. Just them talking about nothing is usually better. Like the discussion about the avengers was good.

Friday night, thinking of going to watch the guy we hired to play music at the local joint. 50 or so beers on tap, good burgers and tots, decent rest of the menu

Saturday, after a workout, head to the other side of Orlando and hit up Ikea, maybe. Then on the way back, stop in the downtown Orlando area and hit up a cool movie theater that has draft beer and buckets of beer you can take to your seat. Decent menu as well. Gonna see World's End. Then hit up one or two bars in the "Wall Street" area there. Pretty cool. Get some eats, then head home. May head back out for UFC that night

Sunday, was invited jet skiing and pontoon boating on a river. May skip that and do some stuff around the house, pressure washing, etc, while drinking and using the pool.

Or head to that place on the beach with the pool, bars and food where i took those bikini pictures for you all. To drink

Essentially, some drinking and fun.

Monday will be recovery. And we will try to start each day off with a gym visit

I like that (almost) everybody will happily respond to this type of post. We all just want to talk about ourselves. Except me. I want to talk about you.

I'm glad you threw that almost in there, because I sure as he!! wasn't going to respond to that bull$h!t post from that b!tch Suited.

So...too early to talk about Labor Day weekend plans?

You have any plans?

I'm probably heading back to the Art Institute downtown. I love it there, and go as frequently as possible.

Brvy I'm sorry I left you out. I'll take that, I'll own that.

This weekend I will probably do nothing on Friday except go to the gym. Saturday wake up, go to gym, home by 11 to watch football all goddamn day. Sunday to the gym then home for a nap. Probably watch TV by myself. Maybe go get food somewheres. Monday might come into work for the hours. I need the money.

The good news is my roommates girlfriend, who has been living with is for the last two months is finally moving into her own place tomorrow. So now they'll be spending all their time at her place which will be so much better than having them at my apartment, but acting like I don't exist. If I have to be alone I want to actually be alone. And watching two people who are in love and all that makes me fvcking sick and I hate them now.

Essay, please, go to a bar for one game. Sit at the bar, talk to a bartender, befriend a fellow fan, drink a couple too many beers.

Give it a try