I Called In Sick Today

I'm having a serious case of deja-post over here. didn't that picture and that response happen in here before?

anyways, no I didn't get laid off thanks for everybody's concern it meant a lot.

Let's say you just won a "dream house" contest. You can choose from these options:

What do you pick?

assuming I get to pick where it is (and that I wouldn't be allowed to say 50 acres in time square, though that would be awesome) I'd go with the land. probably a curve ball for everybody since they'd assume I'd take the beach, but not for a full time residence. I'd probably go for 50 acres somewhere to west of raleigh. close to mountains, city, and beach. everything covered.

The details of this thing will probably exceed anything Ive ever pulled off. The angle of ramp, volume of water, chorination system, water storage and return system, getting maximum gravity assist, to name just a few. Rider safety is a big one. Plus it has to be easy enough that a drunk teenage girl can do for at least a few seconds to entice others to attempt it

It may seem stupid to anyone not having a pool in Vegas but they all have to be heated or youll freeze to death even in the heat of summer...

naaaaah

and why do you need heated pools in vegas?

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I love Mexicans sometimes. Two guys were working a tree crew next door yesterday. I asked them about burning up my blades on my saw. They said if was basically getting too hot because my saw is too small for the tree I'm cutting. Fast forward to today, they are cutting it up for $100 cash money. Gig some HS kids gonna move the rounds for me for 20 bones each.

You could move out here and work for me shake, the hours may not be steady but the pay is certainly higher.

There's no reason for me to post my story. Plus its on my other account so essay would have to post it. But I don't think I want him to.

I can't wait to ménage-a-braj with all of you. But don't count on me being the sugar daddy because I'm sure to be fired any day now.

I smile/get smiled at occasionally. Mostly out of pity, I assume. But I also walk looking forward and not down, so occasional eye contact occurs.

I'd probably go land. I really want a farm and I think that'd be big enough to have a small one. Even though I grew up on a farm I have no idea how big an acre is. Always perplexed me.

50 acres really isn't that much. I would go that route, but 1500 sqft is pretty small for a house. It would have to be set up perfect. Can I build a shop? If I can build a shop 50 acres no question. Beach is a distant second.

You can do whatever you want once it's yours. But you're not getting any money from winning the contest.

Oh, you do get your property taxes paid for you every year, but not utilities and stuff.

There's no reason for me to post my story. Plus its on my other account so essay would have to post it. But I don't think I want him to.

what?

what?

Napa has been holding onto the deets of this story for almost 20 pages:

Dammit, I was hoping it wouldn't be brought up. I failed in the worst/weirdest way ever. Made out a little. Deleted her number from my phone. I'm donezo.

I'm taking time off from work and posted here during the day because I'm at the PTO cap. woe is me?

what?

Napa has been holding onto the deets of this story for almost 20 pages:

well I know that but why does essay have the story on napa's account? or something?

Oh, I think Napa has the story on another one of his accounts, but apparently Essay also has the story. Probably because he trusts him for some odd reason, but doesn't trust you. I mean us.

I'm assuming Napa PMed suited from one of his other accounts. Brv effing Brv, it's like you guys have all been infected with stratptococci syndrome.

Wait, I thought the inability to understand other people's posts was a speedz disease. Strat disease is the inability to make other people understand your posts.

napa filed his story with me because i'm his attorney. it's a fine story and everyone would enjoy it, but he doesn't want to share and thats that. any further questions will be met with cease and desist pm's. you've been warned.

It's not that good of a story. You would all be disappointed in it.

The other new guy who started the same day as me is on this trip and it turns out he's actually gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But he is just super whiney and about the dumbest things, but you can't really call him on it because than its a hate crime.

• Like 2

I absolutely agree. I'm confident that it's some long forgotten tone she used with me or something that totally rubbed me the wrong way.

That, and the PM she sent me, scolding me for allowing Napa to come to work hungover.

I have no doubt that if we worked together or lived near each other, and had a chance to interact extensively, we would be fast friends. I enjoy wit and intelligence, and she has an abundance of both.

Huh, this sounds vaguely familiar.

The money you make from writing the great book will just be whatever you think you're going to be making in real life now. So you think you're going to make $100k (adjusted for inflation of course) a year at the top of your career, then that's what the book gets you. The point being don't consider this choice to be a financial windfall, but it also doesn't mean you have to sacrifice financially for it either.

Loogie, I said in the hypothetical that you make millions. Owen Wilson in MiP seemed to be doing ok.

Let's say you just won a "dream house" contest. You can choose from these options:

5,000 square foot mansion with all the latest amenities. You live in a neighborhood surrounded by similar houses (not like cookie-cutter, but just other mansions). Your property is fairly small however, so you don't have much yard space.

1,500 square foot house with standard amenities. But you have 50 acres of land surrounding you. Mostly just open area, but if you want a lot of trees or something, you can have that. No lake or river though.

2,000 square foot house with standard amenities. But you're right on a lake. You have no real yard (you know, because of the lake). There are other houses around the lake next to you. (You can swap in THE BEACH instead of a lake if you want.)

3,000 square foot penthouse condo with all the latest amenities. Obviously no yard. You live in the heart of a major U.S. city.

Am I missing another comparable option?

What do you pick?

Lake house. Definitely want to be near water. Preferably the BEACH

I really don't know how much 50 acres is. Is that a lot?

I grew up on 10 acres. Neighbor on one side had 20 acres, Neighbor on the other side had 10 acres. With slight rolling terrain we couldn't see each others houses or, most of the time, hear any normal sounds from them. So yeah, 50 acres is a lot.

haha, yet. seriously I probably won't make it to summer. shit I need to start using up vacation days.

You're thinking about this all wrong. You save up your vacation time so that they pay it all out in a lump sum along with your final check. Gives you more cushion while finding another crappy job. If they offer severance (LOL that your company would give you severance) even better.Voice of experience.

napa sure is a jerk huh?

I have no idea why this is so funny to me, no matter who it's directed at, but I laugh out loud every time.

Going to be 85 degrees here tomorrow, 84 Saturday. Winter is hard.

kjdunkmaloofs_zpseab10ab0.gif
  • Like 1