I Called In Sick Today

Are you really suggesting that he go over there? In what world is that a good idea for him? He needs to cut bait and never speak to her again. If this email is a problem a trip over there isn't going to go well.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

But not praying for me? Thanks for nothing.

"Thinking" is my code word for praying, without trying to come off as off-putting. I totally prayed that you would do your best, and everything would work out well, even if you don't get the job.

(And that you would eventually recognize the loving arms of our savior Jesus Christ, but that's just between me and God.)

BOOM!

So we're supposed to judge her based on the known fact that IE still has feelings for her even though he's repeatedly said he doesn't?

I'm booked to fly to London in a month.

she is being nice to host me and everything which is why I am not in here calling her a bad person. she's not a bad person. I just don't think she is aware of what she was doing with that email. which is fine. I don't care and I just want it to go away. I'd rather not have to cancel the trip.

oh yeah, so I went ahead and offered to cancel and reimburse for whatever tickets she had bought. not really interested in being made to feel shitty over something so trivial.

You're soooo right, Whiskers. He obviously doesn't have any feelings for her. You nailed it.

I definitely think he should go because the trip will be fun. I wonder if there is any way he can go without meeting up with LG?

Maybe she could go on a vacation to Italy with Peter, and leave her keys under the mat?

That wasn't my point.

It might not have been the overall thesis for your post, but it was certainly the main point of the sentence I quoted.

That being said. I want the best for you, Strat, and just hope you end up happy.

It might not have been the overall thesis for your post, but it was certainly the main point of the sentence I quoted.

No, the point is not to figure out his feelings for her. If he's telling her that it's strictly platonic, why is it up to her to decide that it's not? You can argue that it's up to her for her own good, but it's not up to her to protect him.

And if he wanted a friendship and she told him, "No, I know you still have feelings for me and I don't think it would be good for you," would you applaud her?

For what it's worth, I have totally been down this path just like Strat and it sucks. I'm not saying this to say he's wrong or call him out or anything like that; I'm just offering the other perspective since you guys want to call her a terrible person.

And if he wanted a friendship and she told him, "No, I know you still have feelings for me and I don't think it would be good for you," would you applaud her?

Yes he would and so would I. But she wouldn't do that because she sucks. This whole thing is pointless anwyways, he shouldn't e en tal to her. You can't be friends with a woman or an ex and this lady is both. So move on move out and move up. Cause it's the year of the Strat baby and nothing will stop us tonight: bailamos.

essay, someday, someone's going to take your advice, and you will feel terrible about it

edit: oh, haha, nevermind about the someday part

Hey man I'm just spitting hot fire, if people aren't ready they aren't ready nawmean?

This isn't the movies, people don't stay friends. And any attempt to do so is asking for trouble. She knows he will always want more, no matter how impossible, so remaining in contact with him is pure attention whoring. Pure using him, as Ron would say, as an emotional tampon. I been there on strats side and they know. Some are smart enough to pretend they don't And be somewhat beliveable, but they all know. So **** her. That's what I say.

oh yeah, so I went ahead and offered to cancel and reimburse for whatever tickets she had bought. not really interested in being made to feel shitty over something so trivial.

Well, this will at least push things one way or the other.

"Thinking" is my code word for praying, without trying to come off as off-putting. I totally prayed that you would do your best, and everything would work out well, even if you don't get the job.

Way to not pray that I would get the job regardless of how hard I try and the circumstances surrounding each interview. Thanks for nothing.

For what it's worth, I have totally been down this path just like Strat and it sucks.

Don't pretend you're a real person.

This isn't the movies, people don't stay friends.

It does happen in real life. Just not to you or anyone you know.

Go on a trip but leave her out of it. Head down to the Bahamas or someplace. Get some drinks with those umbrella straws. Forget about this bitch. Maybe I go with you, damn I'm busy that week.

Booze is too easy - Beans should try and smuggle Strat onto a cruise. Preferably not after putting through a Jack Lalanne juicer and stuffing him into some V8 cans.