I Called In Sick Today

Overly hoppy IPA's aren't winter brews.

I think we had the same winter beer discussion last year though. Winter seasonals are all pretty similar, but you should probably just be crushing porters and stouts, because they're amazing. Most winter stuff gets weird spices in it that may or may not work. I bought a sixer of the Boulevard Bully! porter, but its too light for me, and might be my least favorite Boulevard so far. Still the floor for porters is very high, so I'm not complaining, just a little disappointed. The Dark Truth Stout is really good.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Overly hoppy IPA's aren't winter brews.

I think we had the same winter beer discussion last year though. Winter seasonals are all pretty similar, but you should probably just be crushing porters and stouts, because they're amazing. Most winter stuff gets weird spices in it that may or may not work. I bought a sixer of the Boulevard Bully! porter, but its too light for me, and might be my least favorite Boulevard so far. Still the floor for porters is very high, so I'm not complaining, just a little disappointed. The Dark Truth Stout is really good.

we did have this discussion. I was just surprisingly unhappy with one I had high hopes for, so I rehashed the whole thing. sigh. what am I gonna do with the other five, there's no way chris will drink them. pour them out?? ****. worst dilemma ever.

bully porter is freaking awful. so we agree there. nutcracker ale is almost as bad. I don't know if they ship it all the way out there. the year round stuff doesn't travel the best, I imagine the seasonals are worse.

I feel like I should have had laginutas at some point to be in these discussions at all.

Drinking Lagunitas Brown Shugga -I could get used to these. 9.9% ABV

So good. And the alcohol hits quick and hard.

Lagunitas is probably top 3 brewery for me. Can't go wrong with many of their choices.

burgers are often tasty and delicious, so i command you on that choice.

HE COMMANDS YOU!

beans are you still doing things in Vegas?

Yeah....bidness is a boomin

Quick tidbit while Im waiting for some paint to dry

Last year a buddy and I put together a little side business involving "distressed" homes still under construction. I cant get into specifics due to its gray area at this point in time but lets just say a lot of folks ordered and paid for some pretty fancy stuff from places and by the time they came in weeds were growing in the kitchen area....

Anyhoo, pennies on the dollar is our official unofficial name for the....uh.... practice. Ive probably said too much already but by the time someone comes out with a "Building Supplies Wars" we will already have the icing eaten off the cake

Where was I going with this....oh.... Over the years Ive started many trends in the valley. Doubling down on a hand at the next table.... starting fires at the dice table.... making it all the way down the strip in reverse... many have attempted that one but all have failed. My secret was doing it in a fifty five chevy on a super busy friday night. The excuse was going to be it was the only gear it moved in had I been stopped..... If you ever want to know what its like to be a rock star I highly suggest trying it

Now what could surpass any of those, you didnt ask?

Indian corn roofs. No, nothing to do with veggies growing in shakes house.... multi colored tiles mix and matched to form patterns. After taking inventory of all the pallets of the things weve aquired over the last several months, no one color was enough to complete a project we had going. After a few suds I presented the idea to our roofer, who was all for it....

"You drunk bastards will do anything to save a dime, huh?"

Indeed we will. Anyone departing McCarran on runway one-nine in the near future can glance out the right side and see the first...that I know of.... rock on! hand gesture shortly after departure....

The bummer is that it wont be visable from fifteen.... if it were there would just be one finger raised

sucker. that stuff is pure hocum.

about 3k mg of vitamin c in a day and about 300 mcg of vitamin e taken with food so they digest and absorb better. can't od, so I load up on that shit.

actually what you described is pretty much exactly what's in emergen-c. just a ton of vitamin c and some other vitamins and stuff. and my plan seems to be working. took one of the emergen-c things, ate some soup, took a bunch of nyquil and slept like a little bitch and now I feel like I'm already getting over it. gonna play it safe and snort a few more lines of that emergen-c stuff (that's how you're supposed to do it, right?) and keep taking it easy, but I think I've nipped this one in the bud.

yes beans I would also like to see a picture.

hey hank, that emergency essentials place is having a black friday sale (yay for yet another email account to send me spam!). might be a good time to try a few. I actually bought a few mountain house packs at rei when I was up there on friday. got some chili mac and a breakfast skillet thing. see if they're any good. of course I get all this food and I still just have two cases of regular ass bottled water sitting in the floor so I'd still be effed in the a if I wanted to eat it. need to go to sams club sometime soon and get a bunch of things of water (guessing that's the best place? I don't know) but I swear it seems like water is the hardest thing for me to buy. it's just sooooo boring I mean come on.

OH! might as well just post my shotgun searching in here: what do you guys think of this? I kinda want to make love to it.

Most all of you would qualify as the weird Uncle at the Thanksgiving table.

Me, you ask? The funny, drunk, pick on the adults so the kids can have a laugh, Uncle.

Beansey is the cool drunk Uncle that blows shit up and burns out in the cool car.

Just got an email from the place I interviewed with last week. Wants to have a quick call later today before preparing my offer.

Now just really depends on what the offer is as to if I'll accept it or not

Not gonna lie, kinda makes me a little bit happy, but I'm worried my minimum is going to be to high or something. Idk. Now I'm nervous again.

• Like 1

can start a masters w/ SS on day one, assuming manager's approval. commitment of one year after getting it. so it looks like I'm going back there unless I blew the interviews. which I am fairly sure I did not. hooray.

the details are important and I have few of course, but I feel pretty great about the idea.