Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

More like finger deep in a dogs ass, but that's only for a few seconds a day.
yeah but then you have to go to work badumching
I'm having trouble keeping your bosses straight, mostly because you have three, but didn't label any one of them as "your boss", but still frequently refered to such a person...
yes this also got me, but it was pretty evident that he was trying to identify the actors in the story better so I'm counting it as a win for ole IE. but back to the meat of it, how would the supervisor have thrown the group manager under the bus? saying something like it was his idea but the group manager didn't want to do it or something?
You didn't sleep with any of their wives or anything, did you? Because that could be it too.
and how!
I just watched Shame to fit in with SA and Shake. Last time I ever try to be like those two.
yeah what the hell were you thinking here?
  • Like 1

The first part, Shake.

but back to the meat of it, how would the supervisor have thrown the group manager under the bus? saying something like it was his idea but the group manager didn't want to do it or something?
Yeah, after reading the post five or six times, that's basically how I read it.

my supervisor was assigned to my group because, pre-me and her, the group was failing audits and just generally sucking. now that she is here, she has seen what she thought she was going to see, and today she gave them the ammo they were looking for. apparently.confirmation bias all over the place. the group manager doesn't suck, and I would back him up if I was asked about it. I really feel awful, because I could read it in his and the other supervisor's reactions, they think I have sided with my supervisor. I want to communicate to them that I am not, that I would not say anything negative about anyone. this job is totally bearable provided everyone is cool, and this shit is making everyone not cool.

You are right about my wagon but I am not a politicking douche really would like for my boss to continue to be friendly with me. ESPECIALLY considering that I said and did nothing to his detriment. Would I be taking a dumb risk to communicate this to him in a meeting? We are overdue for a 1:1.

The first part, Shake.
I thought so but thank you for the confirmation!
my supervisor was assigned to my group because, pre-me and her, the group was failing audits and just generally sucking. now that she is here, she has seen what she thought she was going to see, and today she gave them the ammo they were looking for. apparently.
oh that's right, I remember you talking about that earlier. but yeah, shit like that's gonna happen. all the time. it's part of office life.
You are right about my wagon but I am not a politicking douche really would like for my boss to continue to be friendly with me. ESPECIALLY considering that I said and did nothing to his detriment. Would I be taking a dumb risk to communicate this to him in a meeting? We are overdue for a 1:1.
Wouldn't talking to him would be more politicky than not saying anything? It's just politicking in the other direction.
Wouldn't talking to him would be more politicky than not saying anything? It's just politicking in the other direction.
am I really supposed to just carry on with these two people hating me for literally no reason? I want to not have a position in this dispute.I would like to sleep with one of the supervisor's daughters. she's single and I bet I could get a date.

Yep, pretty much no good way to handle that aside from continuing to say nothing to anybody. And if the supervisor can't properly manage shitty temps when that's part of his job description, he's a shitty group manager. Or supervisor, or whateverthe****. Amirite?

the only person that matters in your story is the big boss

The Asians at your gyms don't rub egg all over themselves before working out...?
want to make sure this didn't go unnoticededit: no speedz, you're not right.

you guys do realize how shitty this feels, right? like, I LOVE bullshitting with my boss, we had the most jovial boss-subordinate relationship ever. it's over if I say nothing about it. maybe he will lighten up tomorrow when he thinks about how unlikely it is that 1) my opinion means anything and 2) I said anything to anyone.

I think my supervisor is throwing the group manager under the bus, and I would like to somehow keep my group manager (and his clique) from hating me. but I don't know how I would communicate that to him. I just want people to not hate me.sorry, I know it's confusing.I'm not sleeping with anyone, come on.
Why not talk to the supervisor to find out what really happened since all you have to go on is your guess from what I understand. Point being, maybe you're worrying about stuff that doesn't need worried about. Like the supervisor told the group manager no more BJ's or something. You never know.
Instead of a politicking douche it could make you look like an ass kissing douche. Options!
Yep, pretty much no good way to handle that aside from continuing to say nothing to anybody. And if the supervisor can't properly manage shitty temps when that's part of his job description, he's a shitty group manager. Or supervisor, or whateverthe****. Amirite?
This.But, at some point, assuming your guess of the goings on are accurate, you're going to have to find a way to let them know you didn't do the bus throwing. Chances are they already know that as you pointed out though. Maybe the sour mood was just from being chewed out in general and not meant towards you specifically.

no one is ever going to be in a good mood after getting chewed--this is true. I guess I'll try to read the group manager tomorrow morning and go from there. I routinely went to him with questions I knew my supervisor could answer because, well, he's a ridiculously nice guy and was never rude to me.

oh so you routinely went over your supervisor's head with basic questions to curry favor with a higher up. and I wonder why the supervisor used you!I'm kidding. kind of.

I guess I didn't finish the thought. if that friendly situation is over, and it's because he SUSPECTS something that is totally untrue, well, that's going to make work really unbearable for me. I value being able to approach the group manager and say literally anything on my mind. and I'm not even the driving force behind this nonsense, and I could easily clear it up, but I can't because it's -EV career-wise.****, man. this is retarded.

oh so you routinely went over your supervisor's head with basic questions to curry favor with a higher up. and I wonder why the supervisor used you!I'm kidding. kind of.
it sounds like, in the process of using me, she basically attempted to talk management into creating a position for spreadsheet development for yours truly. so I mean, joke's on her?