I Called In Sick Today

The media isn't what distorts my opinion of him. It's reading and watching interviews with him. It's not that hard to get a grasp on what type of person he is by simply listening to him talk and answer questions. Are you saying that he doesn't talk like someone who is uneducated? I mean these are easily seen or heard by simply watching interviews.
I don't remember hearing any kind of substantial interview with Lebron. I've seen a lot of pukey sports interviews with him where he gives nothing but canned answers with no emotion, but I don't know what that says about the type of person he is. The reporters and writers who have spent a lot of time with him interviewing him always seem to say he's a really nice person.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Rape? Penguins, not Steelers.Not fact, my opinion, and I am fairly confident that my opinion is the majority. And if it isn't, I doubt I would care as much as you seem to care about it. The media isn't what distorts my opinion of him. It's reading and watching interviews with him. It's not that hard to get a grasp on what type of person he is by simply listening to him talk and answer questions. I really don't get your frustration over this. I said he was good, I said your home town team will probably win a ring, but because I have the opinion that James is an arrogant uneducated tool you are all bent out of shape? Weird. Plus, is that really an opinion? I mean are you actually saying that James shows no signs of arrogance? Are you saying that he doesn't talk like someone who is uneducated? I mean these are easily seen or heard by simply watching interviews. Oh and if you saw any grown man in a public setting dribbling an invisible basketball, doing cross-overs with that invisible bball and doing slam dunks and pulling up for jump shots you wouldn't think that odd? Or is because he is Lebron so he can act like that and it's now somehow "cool"? lol come on.
A really good athlete who shows signs of arrogance? A basketball player who sometimes pretends to play basketball? A professional athlete who sometimes sounds uneducated?you lol come on. I am just trying to point out how much of this is nonsense. That's what offends me....I am not worried about their performance I know the Heat will be awesome. It's the lemming like crusade against Lebron for trivialities. That is where my frustration comes from because it is silly. Do you really base your opinions on athletes by how educated they sound? (You would have loved Moses Malone). I mean if I based my opinions on athletes by modesty I would have been left with Barry Sanders. Even Peyton Manning sounds arrogant all the time. Which is understandable considering how good he and Lebron are.
I don't remember hearing any kind of substantial interview with Lebron. I've seen a lot of pukey sports interviews with him where he gives nothing but canned answers with no emotion, but I don't know what that says about the type of person he is. The reporters and writers who have spent a lot of time with him interviewing him always seem to say he's a really nice person.
I have heard he is nice. No arguing that.
A really good athlete who shows signs of arrogance? A basketball player who sometimes pretends to play basketball? A professional athlete who sometimes sounds uneducated?you lol come on. I am just trying to point out how much of this is nonsense. That's what offends me....I am not worried about their performance I know the Heat will be awesome. It's the lemming like crusade against Lebron for trivialities. That is where my frustration comes from because it is silly. Do you really base your opinions on athletes by how educated they sound? (You would have loved Moses Malone). I mean if I based my opinions on athletes by modesty I would have been left with Barry Sanders. Even Peyton Manning sounds arrogant all the time. Which is understandable considering how good he and Lebron are.
I base my opinions on the individual. This individual rubs me the wrong way. Others have rubbed me the wrong way, others haven't. Chad Johnson doesn't rub me the wrong way because he knows he is being a fool. I am pretty sure Lebron doesn't see the humor in the way he acts. I could be wrong but do you believe this Lebron hate is new? I believe the hate has been around for years, you just didn't realize it till he came to your hometown.
I don't care if your jeans normally cover the socks. Irellevant I say. It's all about doing the right thing.
Brown?
I base my opinions on the individual. This individual rubs me the wrong way. Others have rubbed me the wrong way, others haven't. Chad Johnson doesn't rub me the wrong way because he knows he is being a fool. I am pretty sure Lebron doesn't see the humor in the way he acts. I could be wrong but do you believe this Lebron hate is new? I believe the hate has been around for years, you just didn't realize it till he came to your hometown.
There is always hate when you are that good. It's gone beyond hate. Lebron rubs you the wrong way, Chad Johnson does not. We now know there is not much rhyme or reason to who you choose to like and not like outside your teams. This is fine.
I could be wrong but do you believe this Lebron hate is new? I believe the hate has been around for years, you just didn't realize it till he came to your hometown.
Yes.You believe incorrectly.
There is always hate when you are that good. It's gone beyond hate. Lebron rubs you the wrong way, Chad Johnson does not. We now know there is not much rhyme or reason to who you choose to like and not like outside your teams. This is fine.
One example does not prove anything. You put more effort in court right?
One example does not prove anything. You put more effort in court right?
Odds are I never see the inside of a courtroom. Given your theory, it is a good thing you gave two examples of Lebron being "a tool". Much more persuasive. I think I would like Chad Johnson more if he played well again.
Odds are I never see the inside of a courtroom. Given your theory, it is a good thing you gave two examples of Lebron being "a tool". Much more persuasive. I think I would like Chad Johnson more if he played well again.
I am just being a dick.Yeah, Chad has sucked the last couple years. I enjoy his tweets. That is really the only reason I like him. He says and does some funny shit.
Well he has been pretty much public enemy number one around here for years. Sorry. I stand corrected.
Well, like Cane said, that's because he obliterated your team. He was always immensely popular, right up until The Decision, which was colossally stupid, but not in line with the venom being spewed towards him.
Well, like Cane said, that's because he obliterated your team. He was always immensely popular, right up until The Decision, which was colossally stupid, but not in line with the venom being spewed towards him.
This. Everyone loved Lebron because he was one of the few teenage phenoms who panned out better than most could have hoped. He made a bad PR decision (everything else is crap....where he wants to play is his business and really who wouldn't want to live in Miami at 25?) and people are acting like he has been a selfish, arrogant jerk for years.The fact is he is arrogant (kinda rightfully) but has always been an unselfish teammate who was liked by his peers, stayed out of trouble and the tabloids, and was always lauded for anything basketball related until that Celtics series. Now because of that stupid TV show I am supposed to believe he is a queen/fraud/jerk/etc.Does not compute.
He made a bad PR decision (everything else is crap....where he wants to play is his business and really who wouldn't want to live in Miami at 25?) and people are acting like he has been a selfish, arrogant jerk for years.
Well that baby powder thing he does before the game is pretty...lame. At least Chad Johnson doesn't do his big song and dance until he actually does something on the field. :dontworryiamleavingworknowsoyoudonthavetodealwithmyshitanymoreface:

People who broke their mouse scrolling past the last 15 or so posts:Wait, let's do it this way...People who didn't break their mouse scrolling past the last 15 or so posts:CaneBrainMeSBriandMaybe didn't: Poppy

15 and counting...I love the baby powder thing. Cane, does Lebron keep doing that or does he have to switch it up with his new team?
I always liked it too. I assume he will keep doing it......but maybe he will think it is showing Wade up or something. I hope he keeps doing it.
you enrolled your kid into a commie school?
Aren't all public schools commie schools by definition?
From the stroke?
Yes.
Yet he was the one who asked to be called King.
I don't think this is true.
Steve is merely positing that an arrogant, uneducated sounding young athlete made a nickname connection with the tyrant English King of the late 1700s when the average American high schooler thinks the Underground Railroad was the old-school version of Soul Train.It's possible.
Steve is merely positing that an arrogant, uneducated sounding young athlete made a nickname connection with the tyrant English King of the late 1700s when the average American high schooler thinks the Underground Railroad was the old-school version of Soul Train.It's possible.
QFT!
I have looked over many articles of differing varieties and all of them so far have said that he is the "self-proclaimed" King James. I don't know about you but that makes me think he called himself that first. I will still look but if you can find the actual source that states how it officially came to be then please do, I am actually now a little interested. The closest I came was that he started referring to himself as King James in his junior year in High School.

whoa, wait a second... what if it turns out that lebron is actually a serial killer and now that he's moved to miami, dexter will catch on to him and track him down through the next season?! has anybody thought about that?!

whoa, wait a second... what if it turns out that lebron is actually a serial killer and now that he's moved to miami, dexter will catch on to him and track him down through the next season?! has anybody thought about that?!
Peter Griffin: Hey, Brian, did they ever show the Count doing someone in?Brian: You're asking if Sesame Street ever showed the Count killing someone and drinking their blood for sustenance..Peter Griffin: Yeah.Brian: No, no they never showed that.