I Called In Sick Today

simply defined:sit in my room and play poker on the computer while chatting about poker on the computer with my computer friends all the while crazy college shenanigans are going on all around me. Alas, I will pull my erect pr1ck till it nearly detaches
Ouch.I went to my fridge this morning and amazingly there were like 20 cans of Busch in there. Neither of my roomies are 21.:poker tomorrow will be fun face:
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

simply defined:sit in my room and play poker on the computer while chatting about poker on the computer with my computer friends all the while crazy college shenanigans are going on all around me. Alas, I will pull my erect pr1ck till it nearly detaches
That's close to the mark, yes.
If I wasn't working at the club and my going out friends were working, I'd be doing the same thing, except at lower stakes.
I'm just really nervous being around the big crowds at parties or in bars. Drinking does a lot to help me get over that, but is that really a habit I want to get back into?As for the lower stakes stuff, there's not much difference between you and zim. If you really wanted to, you could be playing profitably at his level within a few months. Laziness and college tuition costs are really the only reason I'm not frequenting the 109s and big weekend tournaments.
I'm just really nervous being around the big crowds at parties or in bars. Drinking does a lot to help me get over that, but is that really a habit I want to get back into?
yesalcohol=nerves=pssy

Yeah, the carpal tunnell su cks and i've had it for about 9 months. I occasionally wear the brace when it gets bad but it blows. I don't have health insurance for the first time in 20 years and haven't been to the doctors in that long either.But about an hour ago I hurt it again and said fc k it and called some guy up and got insurance. If I go to the doctors and end up needing surgery it's about $7000. If I go and have it diagnosed before getting insurance it's a pre-existing condition and won't be covered. So i'll just wait a few weeks now and then go to the doctors.And Keith, if you think i'm a ***** about it, then I'll gladly bend your thumb back till it rips out of the socket to see if how tough guys handle pain. I want to learn.

And Keith, if you think i'm a ***** about it, then I'll gladly bend your thumb back till it rips out of the socket to see if how tough guys handle pain. I want to learn.
I need to join this randy reed fan club.
Yeah, the carpal tunnell su cks and i've had it for about 9 months. I occasionally wear the brace when it gets bad but it blows. I don't have health insurance for the first time in 20 years and haven't been to the doctors in that long either.But about an hour ago I hurt it again and said fc k it and called some guy up and got insurance. If I go to the doctors and end up needing surgery it's about $7000. If I go and have it diagnosed before getting insurance it's a pre-existing condition and won't be covered. So i'll just wait a few weeks now and then go to the doctors.And Keith, if you think i'm a ***** about it, then I'll gladly bend your thumb back till it rips out of the socket to see if how tough guys handle pain. I want to learn.
well if you put it that way i'll exclude you - can i still think the other guy in my office is a pansy?
As for the lower stakes stuff, there's not much difference between you and zim. If you really wanted to, you could be playing profitably at his level within a few months. Laziness and college tuition costs are really the only reason I'm not frequenting the 109s and big weekend tournaments.
actually, when I don't care about the money, I play a pretty tight aggressive game. My biggest problem is when I get 5 or 6 handed in a MTT, for some reason, if I don't have a huge stack, I just sit on my hands and get blinded down, I get hesitant to pull the trigger in ep for 1/3 of my stack with k9. If I don't catch a good hand, I go south. I get frozen like a deer in headlights. In a sng, I don't have that much trouble with it b/c the blinds dont get too huge. I like chips to reraise with, then fold to an all in. I guess everyone does.
You'll have to excuse Mr. Mexico. He didn't get the well wishes business memo you sent out.
I picture him with a beeper, and when it goes off, he opens up a laptop wherever he is and starts a tourney immediately.

The first few tiki mugs have arrived. The g/f wanted to make some drinks...I told her it's not happening until the whole room is set up, and she's in tropical attire.Once again, she isn't sure if I'm the biggest loser or most awesomest guy ever. Jokes on her...you know, since I'm gay.

actually, when I don't care about the money, I play a pretty tight aggressive game. My biggest problem is when I get 5 or 6 handed in a MTT, for some reason, if I don't have a huge stack, I just sit on my hands and get blinded down, I get hesitant to pull the trigger in ep for 1/3 of my stack with k9. If I don't catch a good hand, I go south. I get frozen like a deer in headlights. In a sng, I don't have that much trouble with it b/c the blinds dont get too huge. I like chips to reraise with, then fold to an all in. I guess everyone does.
Shorthanded play is easily the toughest part of tournament poker. My least favorite situation is playing the small blind against the big blind when it folds to me and we're both sitting on stacks of like 30-40BBs. It's tough to play random cards out of position.I think I pissed Pete off. He busted in 11th in the Party tournament and I laughed a little bit because I'd gotten comfy with my laptop so I could watch him play. I'm pretty sure he hates poker. The man lives and breathes poker and has done so for as long as I've known him. Losing players don't make an effort to learn and discuss hands like he does. We've all experienced huge, depressing downswings... I just hope he's not taking the negative variance as hard as I think he is.
I just hope he's not taking the negative variance as hard as I think he is.
see how you like it when your business goes down in flamesI don't mind being heads up. Drunk the other night, I decided to play some step up heads up.first a $5, I wonthen a $10, I won, then a $20, I won,then a $30, I lost on the first hand. This was at 2am after 1.75 of rum and 2 beers. Then I started over and lost in the $20 one. My heads up game has improved dramitically.After listening to some of you, I've decided to formulate plans for hands, I.E. pot small, pot big. Sometimes though, I forget to put people on hands and just play my cards, then when they flip it over, I say to myself, that makes sense. Still not a good player, but I can hold my own, and yours if you'd let me.
These two posts were my best laughs of the day.
my day has been validated, and I believe my work is done here.Good weekend all.I'm still wrestling with the idea of not going tonight and shifting to one day a week.$480 a month and some sanity is better than $960 and no restless Fridays right?besides, if I need some extra cash for vegas in december, you guys will spot me right? Or I can just skip a car payment or two, thats 1k right there.