I Called In Sick Today

Oh, I almost forgot.  At this time Qatar is hosting the World Cup and every country is just totally fine with them killing women and minorities, having slaves, and raping women constantly, and they are still happy to send their teams and fans to Qatar to celebrate. 

But Kyrie sharing a link to a movie hosted on Amazon is too much.  

Classic people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

fvck kyrie, he's a moron and getting a taste of the medicine the whole movement brings to everyone.  imagine if a white player had retweeted something about how george floyd got what he deserved.  they'd have boycotted all games until he was thrown out of the league. 

the hypocrisy is stunning though, you are right about that. the same people mad at Kyrie will excuse anything middle eastern countries do, middle eastern countries that hate jewish people.

wait a minute, i'm seeing a common theme.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 11:34 PM, YonYonson said:

fvck kyrie, he's a moron and getting a taste of the medicine the whole movement brings to everyone.  imagine if a white player had retweeted something about how george floyd got what he deserved.  they'd have boycotted all games until he was thrown out of the league. 

Agreed with all of this.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

• 3 weeks later...

So Elon is crashing Telsa stock, which has been interesting to watch.  Somehow even Dave Chappelle couldn't save him when he brought him on stage.  Ironically, Twitter seems to be having more and better interactions since Elon bought it.  Even if it's just people crapping on him.  The Cowboys look good, and Brock Purdy somehow looks competent since he's left ISU and been in the NFL.  When I look back on this post in 10 years it will be funny to see if he's still a starter or if he's been completely forgotten.  They just named the NBA MVP award after Michael Jordan.  That was a good move, but it probably should have been Kareem, since Kareem had more MVP's and more defensive teams than Jordan.

Like everyone else in here, I'm looking forward to going on Christmas break in T-Minus 2 days.  It will be nice not to have to go back to work until January 12th.  Hooray for everyone in the thread!

• 2 weeks later...

On Monday night it looked like a player (24 year old Damar Hamlin) dropped dead on the field.

Here was the play:  https://imgur.com/DtG5grZ

I have no idea if this link will break in 5 years, but here is the entire game:  https://nfl-video.com/buffalo-bills-vs-cincinnati-bengals-full-game-replay-2022-nfl-week-17

As of two days later, Hamlin is still in the hospital with zero updates and nobody knows if he is going to live.  Crazy night for football, especially considering how important that Bills - Bengals game was for the NFL season.  They were playing for the #1 seed in the playoffs with one week left.  We don't even know if the Bills are going to finish the season at this point.

Hamlin lived!

Dolphins made the playoffs and Brock Purdy (CYCLONE POWER!) has the 49ers as a #2 seed in the NFC.  Should be a fun post-season.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Vegas for a few days before Thanksgiving and the wife and I decided to hit the VGK home game against the Senators. I was able score some really good seats without breaking the bank. Turns out I was in the section next to where Daniel sits and I got a chance to meet our benefactor here lo these many decades. He was sitting in the concession area between periods, and true to form he was super nice and welcoming even though I was kinda fanboying.

I think that is the perfect capstone to my adventures here at FCP. Thanks all, it's been fun. Suited, hope I get a chance to stack you at Harrah's sometime.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/28/2023 at 1:25 PM, hank213 said:

I was in Vegas for a few days before Thanksgiving and the wife and I decided to hit the VGK home game against the Senators. I was able score some really good seats without breaking the bank. Turns out I was in the section next to where Daniel sits and I got a chance to meet our benefactor here lo these many decades. He was sitting in the concession area between periods, and true to form he was super nice and welcoming even though I was kinda fanboying.

I think that is the perfect capstone to my adventures here at FCP. Thanks all, it's been fun. Suited, hope I get a chance to stack you at Harrah's sometime.  

That’s awesome, Hank.  But there is no need for a capstone.  Stop by any time.  

Suited and I will be here. *

*obviously this is a lie, because Suited is Judas.  In reality it will be me and Fritz.

• Thanks 1

So I’m reading one of my favorite books ever, and just realized out of the blue that it’s written by the dude that made the dinosaur comics like 15 years ago:

Dinosaur comics!

The book is called “How to Invent Everything” and it’s amazing.  The premise is this, you have rented a Time Machine and the book is the manual for what to do when you go back in time, and how you can become the “smartest person to ever live” by being the person to introduce basic things to the time period that actually took, in some cases, thousands of years for people to figure out.  Things like making glue or coming up with a written language.  It’s all very interesting and awesome and everyone should read it.  JJJ would love it.

LeBron just broke Kareem's career regular season points record with a fadeaway at the elbow.  It was a great game, but the Lakers have a horrible coach and horrible defense, and were outplayed by the 12th seed Thunder and lost on a historic night.  Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is a beast and will be a perennial all-star.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm heading down to Florida this week.  I'll be in Pensacola all weekend for the Sun Belt conference tournament.  Should be a fun time.  Sadly, the weather is currently in the 80's, but will be in the 60's and rainy when I'm there.  I'm sure I'll still go swimming.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Big weekend.  Iowa State got a good draw teams-wise, but have to play in NC instead of DSM.  Also because we got a good draw, that probably means that we will lose in the first round.  The hardest team we have to play is Xavier before the sweet 16 and then we would have to play Texas again.  We've already beat them once this season, but I don't want to play them again.  Kansas got screwed big time by not getting in the Midwest region.  They have a tough road.  Iowa is a 8/9 seed, which is great because they will almost certainly lose quickly.

Also the Oscars were last night and Short Round and Brendan Fraser both won Oscars.  Encino Man unite!

• 1 month later...

My oldest daughter is graduating college two weeks from tomorrow.  She will be my first college graduate.

More later:  One of my students in the other room (Blake) sounds like he's trying to burn down the building.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy birthday a few days late, Mexico.

Shout out to Fritz for making me aware.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We were headed to Iowa last weekend for Sam and Kate's high school graduations. 

I fainted while driving on the interstate on Friday.  As it turns out, I had talked with every member of my family extensively on what to do in that situation and it was my wife's time to shine when it happened.  I had the cruise set on like 80 and apparently I started driving into the median.  My wife was yelling at me, but then remembered what to do.  We were "lucky" (shout-out to my friend, God) that that section of the interstate had no bridges or signs or fence or anything.  We actually made it all the way up to the shoulder of the oncoming interstate traffic.  My wife put the car into neutral, and then drove us back through the median onto our side of the interstate and onto the shoulder, then put the car into park.  It was at that moment that I woke up, wondering how and why we had stopped.  I drove us to the next exit and we switched drivers.  (My wife was understandably pretty frazzled in the moment, but we took a second)  We decided to go back home to "Chicago".  I went to the doctor yesterday, and he has scheduled an appointment with a cardiologist and neurologist, so hopefully we will figure it out before I die!  If not, I love you all.

-John

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Fritz.  So far everything is checking out.  Heart looks good, over many weeks my average BP is 122/78.  I have a brain MRI and EEG next Friday.  Hopefully they figure it out!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Suited!

Sadly no.  Everything has checked out great.  So it's good I don't have a tumor or something, but it's sad to not have a reason.  I have a doctor friend that isn't concerned and says it happens way more than people realize.  Apparently most people are just "getting lucky" that they aren't driving or whatever.  The neurologist is pretty certain it's seizures on one half of my brain and has me on a low-dose seizure med.  In Wisconsin I can't drive for 90 days, so my wife and kids have been my Uber driver- and will be- until mid-August.  It sucks.

My neurologist said that in New York it's two years that you can't drive.  That would ruin your life.

Random journal entry:

The new Netflix Doc "Quarterback" is great.  It's a shame that Marcus Mariota had such a bad season, but they stuck absolute gold with Kirk Cousins and Patrick Mahomes.  If they would have had Joe Burrow or Josh Allen it would have been perfect TV because we would have gotten amazing behind the scenes footage of the Demar Hamlin situation that happened during the Bills/Bengals game.

Hard Knocks starts on August 8th and the Jets were forced by the NFL to be the team.  That's awesome news for me; considering that there are 3 Cyclones on the Jets and two of them will probably play a decently large role in the show.

well i'm glad they didnt find a tumor - ITS NOT A TUMAH - on your brain or something, that would have been suboptimal from the things i've read. just take it easy and get healthier every day.  i know you're right with JC should anything happen, but you have things still to do here, so its not that time yet.

my mom had a seizure when i was 16 or so. she was driving my younger brother to pre-school, and she fainted behind the wheel. luckily she hadnt left the neighborhood yet so they slowly drove into a tree, hardly damaging the car at all - not that the car mattered. a minute or two later and they both could have died. once you left the neighborhood there was a major road right there.  JC had our backs that day too.

mom didnt drive for over a year after that. she saw a few neurosurgeon's and they found scar tissue on her brain, and they wanted her to have surgery.  she had been on medication for a while at that point and it was under control, and in lead up to the surgery they told her there was a chance she would lose her memory based on the location and that when she woke up she wouldnt remember who she was. i remember her telling me years later that she didnt care about remembering herself, but if she woke up and didnt remember me or my brother then what would be the point of being alive. i didnt understand such love when i was younger, but i think i do now. perhaps i never really will if i dont have kids of my own, but i think i do. 

mom hasnt had a seizure in over 20 years now.  she does have breast cancer though. she had her surgery three weeks ago and starts chemo next week, though it is about as good a prognosis you can have all things considered. and luckily my job is so good i can take off any time i need to take her to all her appointments and take care of her dog, who is a great pup but loves to run wild. what a great dog, i love her very much.

hopefully brvy you wont have another incident again and it was just a one time thing. i will pray for you, and though i wasted most of my life ignoring God, i know he will listen.  

lastly iowa state sucks, KU coming for that ass this winter. ROCK CHALK BABY.

• Like 1