Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

nap, did you accept?

i did accept, even told my boss that I was going to accept but didn't want to submit my formal resignation until everything went through...just submitting all the info for my background check now, praying to Brvy I didn't mess anything up. I've never seen a background check of mine but if it doesn't show me winning a "hero" award from the governor of Iowa when I was 18 then it is GARBAGE. That should be all they need to know.

Just this morning I was walking to get some coffee when I went past our marketing guys office and him and the brand manager just happened to be looking at my so I stopped in to talk some shit and they immediately hit me with the fifth degree about how the job search was going and how long I intended to stay and stuff. I just said that I don't expect to be here at conversion and the marketing manager was giving me job searching tips and how he's been spending an hour every day submitting applications and stuff. Didn't have the heart to tell him I only applied to three places and got 3 interviews with 1 offer and i guess still possible that I'd get another offer but I wasn't super into that role anyways, which is why I'm not waiting.

Assuming everything goes through fine, October 15th will be my last day and the 22nd will be my first day. I originally had wanted to take a week off between jobs but by coming back that monday versus having my last day be the friday before I get an extra 8 hours of salary and 6 hours of PTO so it comes down to a not insignificant chunk of change for me to just go into the office and more less twiddle my thumbs for another day. Might use it to buy a new apple watch.

i just booked my trip to vegas in December. staying at the Bellagio for 4 nights. i'll be there the 9th through the 13th and took the whole week off from work. i'll be celebrating turning 33 in the greatest place in the world.

And the 9th through the 13th? Too bad I'm leaving the evening of the 8th. Like ships passing in the night. A friend is having her 30th bday in Vegas and her and her husband sent out an email to our group about going and anybody's welcome to join thinking maybe a few people might tag along but then literally everybody ended up booking tickets right away. I was originally not going to go but then I remember waking up at like 3 am that night and checking my email and seeing everybody else saying they were going and I didn't want to be left out so I booked tickets immed. Good stuff. Here's to hoping I don't lose my ass.

• Like 2

Don’t worry, All I need is chipotle and PF Chang’s.

Nap, you won’t lose your ass. I’m confident in your skills on the felt. But even if you run bad, you’ll have this new job to keep you in furs all winter long. My question is do you take cash with you in the plane or take it out when you get there? I really don’t want to walk through security with 5k on me.

I'm flying sun country which is a discount airline out of msp and as part of that it's cheaper to just check your bag so I guess I'll put most of my cash in my bag? Maybe vacuum seal it in and put it in a shoe. I have no idea. I have pretty low ATM limits and won't be able to get near enough cash out while i'm there.

Don't worry, All I need is chipotle and PF Chang's.

Nap, you won't lose your ass. I'm confident in your skills on the felt. But even if you run bad, you'll have this new job to keep you in furs all winter long. My question is do you take cash with you in the plane or take it out when you get there? I really don't want to walk through security with 5k on me.

I'm flying sun country which is a discount airline out of msp and as part of that it's cheaper to just check your bag so I guess I'll put most of my cash in my bag? Maybe vacuum seal it in and put it in a shoe. I have no idea. I have pretty low ATM limits and won't be able to get near enough cash out while i'm there.

I typically check my main bag (free on southwest yo) and keep my computer bag with me. I have a clip that holds my ID, a credit card (and players card when I'm tooling around so I don't have to carry my full wallet), enough cash for drinks/eats at the airport and cab fare to the hotel that I keep on me and the bankroll goes in the computer bag. You put your bankroll in your checked bag and you're begging to have a bad time. You try to withdraw cash in Vegas and you're going to pay a healthy vig. Assuming your cards don't decline for fraud prevention and shut you out entirely. I don't think any of us are baller enough to make wire transfers worth it but idk, I've never looked into that option honestly.

Is your bank local or national chain? If national, why not withdraw from a branch in Vegas? The bank that bought my bank, was bought by Wells Fargo, and I'm locked into a legit free checking no minimum account, that will be with me till I die, so this isn't an issue, Wells Fargo is everywhere

Is your bank local or national chain? If national, why not withdraw from a branch in Vegas? The bank that bought my bank, was bought by Wells Fargo, and I'm locked into a legit free checking no minimum account, that will be with me till I die, so this isn't an issue, Wells Fargo is everywhere

I too have WF. Have you actually gotten cash from a WF ATM in Vegas? When I searched on their site 5 or 6 years ago there weren't very many locations in Vegas proper, mostly the burbs, and they didn't have any listed on the strip. So instead of paying vig you're paying fare/car rental to get there? Just fly with cash you mopes. I feel safer flying with 5 grand than driving through yokelsville, iomokanneb thanks to asset forfeiture.

From a branch office, not ATM. Nap says he has a low ATM withdrawal number, so I assumed he wanted to take out a goodish amount. Y'all can go inside still, the liberals haven't taken that from us yet

Yeah, I have two debit cards that have $500 limits on them. Ideally I’d like to have 2-3k on me to start. My main bank is ally, which doesn’t have branches, but I also have us bank and looks like they have a few branches near the strip so I can just transfer money to that account and withdraw it there. Good call.

@theraflu I’m more worried about them seeing the money in a bag and then going all patriot act on me even though it’s a totally reasonable thing to do when going to Vegas and really isn’t that much money in the grand scheme.

Just take $4k in cash and put it in your fcking pocket. Like Thera said, is 40 bills. It’s barely a bump. I don’t even take it out of my pocket at the airport metal scanner.

Grow up, people. I would never put it in a bag that left my hands even for a second

Strat, you are plenty stable. Just doesn’t seem like your bag of hassles.

And you like having money in your accounts, not in wasted stuff like kids and their damn needs

• Like 1

Offer has arrived. Huzzah! 8% raise on base. 2% decline on 401k match but they have an ESPP so, i'm sure that will make up for that small loss. The health insurance is anywhere from "a lot better" to "somewhat better" depending on how they define these wellness tiers (doesn't say in what has been provided) and how quickly i can get to the best priced tier. Full on casual workplace so i don't have to go out and buy all new biz casual clothes. Interesting role where I'll get to use tableau as well as python and R in addition to excel stuff. Think I'm going to have to accept.

Awesome stuff. Congrats.

Mexico it's a good thing you don't have any super young kids because they would be spoiled rotten with your generosity. Especially if you had a girl. You need to adopt a few grandkids in about 20 years, because they will be the happiest grandkids on Earth.

Mexico it's a good thing you don't have any super young kids because they would be spoiled rotten with your generosity. Especially if you had a girl. You need to adopt a few grandkids in about 20 years, because they will be the happiest grandkids on Earth.

There was a time that was my path. That time has passed.

Now, kids under a certain age, 8 or so, annoy me. Needy, always crying. I don’t invite parent over to the pool because of their crybaby kids. 3-6 is the worst. Maybe it’s just my neighbors kids. I’m sure in the proper setting and doses.

How do we feel about the new iPhones, friends?

I’m still using a 6s+ so I was looking to upgrade. Then I saw AT&T was knocking off $450 if you signed up for a 2 yr plan and seeing as how I’m already there and have no reason to leave I think I’m going to take advantage of it. Throw in that it’s a straight discount and not just a monthly credit and the early termination fee is $325 less $10 for every month you fulfilled and it’s a no brainer.

Think I’m going space grey and I plan on buying the watch when I start the new job, as a gift to myself. Going to attempt to sell my old phone to bring the price down even further.

Tonight going to the wild (pre season) game to watch in a suite. My buddy is a marketing person for the team and tonight is their “friends and family” night and he’s giving me one of his tickets. Should be fun.

• Like 2

How do we feel about the new iPhones, friends?

I’m still using a 6s+ so I was looking to upgrade. Then I saw AT&T was knocking off $450 if you signed up for a 2 yr plan and seeing as how I’m already there and have no reason to leave I think I’m going to take advantage of it. Throw in that it’s a straight discount and not just a monthly credit and the early termination fee is $325 less $10 for every month you fulfilled and it’s a no brainer.

Think I’m going space grey and I plan on buying the watch when I start the new job, as a gift to myself. Going to attempt to sell my old phone to bring the price down even further.

Tonight going to the wild (pre season) game to watch in a suite. My buddy is a marketing person for the team and tonight is their “friends and family” night and he’s giving me one of his tickets. Should be fun.

If I move out there, I’m gonna be friends with you and all of your friends. Just a heads up. I would like to regularly go to wild games. It’ll be fun.

• Like 1

I don’t know what kind of plan or contract you have, but I have a 5SE with straight talk. It was $140 and costs $50/mo for unlimited everything. I am considering a 7 if I can get it for like $300 all-in with a straight talk locked version. Walmart hasn’t cut prices since the release, I figure it’ll happen eventually.