I Called In Sick Today

Hey SA, check this out: https://bringatraile...190e-2-3-16-13/

I don't know how you feel about Mercs, but you can get a TON of 190E for your money, and these are built better than an E30 M3, for 1/4 the price. The stock inputs are going to feel a lot sloppier, but that's an easy fix in the aftermarket, and I think it's a cooler car in a lot of ways, with less vape baggage attached to it. Nice little affordable option for a cultured German car guy your age.

i wanted to get a C300. i went to the mercedes dealership first and made an offer and the sales guy said we had a deal. they bring out the paperwork and the total is 2,000 more than what i said i would pay. i pointed this out and the guy says, no that's not what you said. i hate that so much. i knew exactly what i said. but i stayed calm and explained myself again. he said he'd have to check with management.

at this point, my mom, who was with me, said we should go to the BMW dealership just to see, we could always come back and get this one. she could tell i was unhappy. so i agreed.

the sales guy came back out and said we have a deal, at the price that was 2k more than my offer. i said no thanks i'm heading across the street to see some BMWs.

the sales guy gets all excited BUT YOU SAID WE HAD A DEAL. I said i never said that. he gets the manager who tells me i'd be making a mistake to walk away from this deal, a deal i had agreed to.

i just said we're done here and walked out. never went back and would never buy a car from that dealership in the future.

but i would buy a mercedes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Mercedes is definitely making some cool cars right now too. I haven't driven an AMG GT R yet, but it's my understanding that they are great at that price point. I'd look at it if I were in the market for a 911 or something.

I think you have the right idea on brands, the Germans have really done a great job of keeping it classy since after the holocaust. But I don't think you're thinking big enough. The Germans have big ideas and take risks. They might get knocked down, but they get back up. Swing for the fences like the Germans, you don't need a $30K brand new Mercedes, you need one from the 1980s that's going to cost $30K in repairs every year. That's where the big dogs play.

Car shopping with your mom, at your age? Jesus Christ.

well i was only 30 then, and i literally had no one else to go with me. i figured it couldn’t hurt. and it didn’t.

i’m a man born of german ancestors and my heart always lies with the mother land, and her fine autos.

well i was only 30 then, and i literally had no one else to go with me. i figured it couldn’t hurt. and it didn’t.

Other than the Benz dealers taking you for a soft mark and ****ing you out of the car you wanted

• Like 1

Other than the Benz dealers taking you for a soft mark and ****ing you out of the car you wanted

they could tell i wanted the car. i knew which one on the lot before i got there. they thought i’d just say fvck it, but they were wrong.

LOL at that dealership story. God I hate shopping.

i couldnt believe it. turns out i got a much better deal from my guys at baron bmw. much better. but that experience really pissed me off.

just after that hand i moved to a 2/3 table and doubled up to 1200 on the first hand. we were only 5 handed. i was the big blind. folded to the button who made it 15. small blind makes it 50 and i look down at AK hearts. i wasn’t sure about either of these guys so i just call. probably a mistake but whatever. flop is A K 4. check check bet of 90. i call. turn is a J. i check he bets 225 and i shove. he calls. had A 4. pretty nasty.

small blind said he had queens.

I don't blame you for not going over 20K on that Cosworth, SA. It's dope, and those are dope little weekend cars in general, but that's way high based on what I've paid not that long ago, and it didn't even meet the reserve. Keep hunting, you may have to go outside the region for one that's cheap and relatively rust-free.

thanks dutch.

i just saw a guy wearing a beeper on his belt. he had an iphone too, so i’m a little confused by his tactics.

Not that I want to contradict my best best friend because I know I’m on thin ice as it is, if I haven’t already fell through, but he was probably a doctor. My buddy’s hospital still uses them. Or is that a pager? What’s the difference. I don’t know. I regret this already.

I’m at like 130k with my impala. The trade in value is nothing because I have a small amount of damage from some fender benders I never bothered to get fixed because it’s not noticeable unless you’re looking. Runs fine otherwise, I think.

Edit: I take it back. Looked up the value on KBB and even in “fair” condition it’s worth around $3,500 private party.

Rough day. Someone, not in leadership or really in a position at all to be demanding sweeping reporting changes, basically came to me today and started firing off requests. It’s some combination of arrogance and disrespect, thinking your ten seconds of thought is going to cause me to spring into action and spend multiple hours coding.

I love that. People think that IT stuff is a piece of cake for "computer people". And while it might be easy, its often isn't quick.

Not that I want to contradict my best best friend because I know I'm on thin ice as it is, if I haven't already fell through, but he was probably a doctor. My buddy's hospital still uses them. Or is that a pager? What's the difference. I don't know. I regret this already.

this guy wasn't a doctor. i gave him an ocular pat-down and this guy was no higher on the socio-economic scale than a used car salesman.

• Like 2

I’m not mad, just a little disappointed. But I understand. Their loafers are pretty solid and were just on sale, not sure if they still are. Almost picked up a pair myself. You could also check out Oak Street Bootmakers or Rancourt of Maine for other penny loafers.