I Called In Sick Today

Well luckily the reports of drink rationing appear to be exaggerated. The only time I was denied a free drink was at the Wynn. The service on the floor was still slow as balls at most places but did seem a little better at Caesar's properties than MGM properties. I think I'm probably going to make the switch over to one of their places. Likely Planet Hollywood or Paris.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ocho, since you dropped in I should let you know that the black girl magnet still functions. At least a dozen of 'em tried to proposition me this weekend.

Hey brvy, I think it was you anyways, Allen Edmonds has those shoes you liked on clearance + 20% off. If it's not those ones there's similar colors. I just remembered somebody saying they liked the sort of blemished color.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/clearance/mens-clearance/shoes/mctavish-casual-wingtip-oxfords/SF4080.html?dwvar_SF4080_color=4080#prefn1=size&sz=76&prefv1=10.5&start=1

I have the best Target story.

A few days ago, this jerk client called in asking for a stock rec. The director of my department tells him to buy Target. The client is like, no, I don't think that's wise. Cue today.

This client is never firing us precisely because he lives to contradict the director, and does a good job of celebrating it in front of the CEO whenever he gets it right. And the CEO, in turn, obviously really enjoys relaying this message to the director. Anyway, if I had to pick a phrase for what happened here, I'd call it a virtuous cycle. I don't know how it got started, but it made my day today.

lol

Had an Oncologist appt today. She wasn't impressed with the progress of the lump on my cheek disappearing (frankly, neither am I). Radiation is over now but will continue cooking my face for a week or so apparently. This has now included burning the inside of my mouth, lipps and tongue on that side so the point I can't eat anything I can't drink, So I'm pretty much living on Ensure and yogurt. Lost 10 lbs in just under a week.

Well this just sounds horrific.

Hey brvy, I think it was you anyways, Allen Edmonds has those shoes you liked on clearance + 20% off. If it's not those ones there's similar colors. I just remembered somebody saying they liked the sort of blemished color.

http://www.allenedmo...v1=10.5&start=1

It wasn't me, although I do like them, and would totally grab a pair if the largest size available wasn't something I could last fit in in 5th grade.

Dang...Ronnie claims it wasn't him either. Maybe I dreamt it or AE inceptioned me. Irregardless, there's a handful of shoes on sale that I might buy, look at for a few days, and then ultimately return.

After about 40 revisions we sent out our official first draft budget packet to the senior managers last night and the first email I get this morning from the de facto leader is "LOL! Folks, this isn't going to fly!" Should be a fun meeting later this morning when we go over it.

Also, was looking at my bank account this morning and realized that I forgot to pay rent this month because I was working stupid dumb hours getting these last minute changes to the budget updated just so I could get a "LOL!"

• Like 2

Not dying from lymphoma is a crucial activity, not just an interest

Yes. But sometimes a critical activity is not an interest and visa versa. I was acknowledging my interest along with the obvious critical activity,

I agree.

Thanks.

I really want to go play poker and I know my wife would love a night out of the house, but I don't want to go with this stupid looking lump on my face.

What kind of jackass uses LOL in that context? It is unacceptable to use LOL at work, in my opinion, and that idiot should be relieved of his duties immediately. His salary and bonus are forfeit to NAPA DON, and his lands and titles the same.

• Like 4

Thank you. I'm pretty sure he lives in Colorado so weeds on me when you come to visit my mountain home.

He then had the gall to call me out on something and I was just like "uhh....I did it that way because you told me too" and all the other managers agreed and said they remember having that conversation.

• Like 2

Thank you. I'm pretty sure he lives in Colorado so weeds on me when you come to visit my mountain home.

He then had the gall to call me out on something and I was just like "uhh....I did it that way because you told me too" and all the other managers agreed and said they remember having that conversation.

That would have been so fun.

And, agreed with SA. I can't imagine a boss of mine responding like that.

That would have been so fun.

It wasn't that dramatic. Especially since he was calling into the meeting and I wasn't 100% sure that he actually said to do it this way so I wasn't super confident in my delivery and luckily the other managers bailed me out.

I can't believe how many minutes we have to give Bowie. He's by far our worst player.

I wish Dutch was around. Amazon has a heckuva deal on a hammock and I would like his expert opinion.

• Like 1

Grilling out today. Perfect weather for it, no bugs to harass me. Wish I could drink, but gotta catch up on coursework from last week.

The instructor for my session on Thursday had the worst mic I have ever heard. I got frustrated, ended up just ditching with 45 minutes to go. I'm in the retirement section, which is not tough, but real mind numbing.

I am on pace for taking the CFP in July. I feel like I have done a good enough job with the modules for it to not be an uphill battle.

• Like 1

Feel free to visit Hank when you're driving through Lincoln on the move to Colorado.

If I'm not dead by then

It wasn't that dramatic. Especially since he was calling into the meeting and I wasn't 100% sure that he actually said to do it this way so I wasn't super confident in my delivery and luckily the other managers bailed me out.

This situation is precisely why, when I receive some kind of directive, I try to send a follow up email asking for some sort of clarification or something just so I have written proof of said directive from that person. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove. Thankfully for Napa, it sounds like some folks in his company still have their huevos and will speak up, or at least back him up. In my corporate experience that is not always or even usually the case.

• Like 2

I hear that, Craney. Bosses are the worst!

My grandpas visitation is tonight, funeral in the morning. Hopefully everyone keeps it together. I'm not a fan of outward displays of emotion.

Stay alive Tilt

Go play poker. I'm sure that lump on your face diverts attention away from the rest of your dopey face. And maybe you'll get some sympathy lay downs

Hank, any of those ladies bangable and affordable? Or are you always worried that the black girls are tying to hustle you and rob you?

Suited, condolences. Grandparents die. That's their thing. I'm sure it sucks

• Like 3