I Called In Sick Today

I don't think I crossed a line or anything, but there were good reasons not to have that conversation, and it felt like a mistake.

Unless you're really good friends (like have him over for supper or something), then I would agree that that feels like a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

i've lived in the four biggest cities in the state, and missouri is filled with garbage people who deserve nothing but the worst in life. though those of us who root for KU and Nebraska are a special breed and exempt from such scorn.

• Like 1

I remember the first time I drove through Columbia and I thought "wow, the SEC makes a lot of sense now". I audited a client in Missouri that was maybe an hour south of the northern border and sitting in the board meeting they were making fun of the dudes from Swamp People for having accents meanwhile me and the other kid can barely make out every fourth word coming from this hillbillies.

I remember the first time I drove through Columbia and I thought "wow, the SEC makes a lot of sense now". I audited a client in Missouri that was maybe an hour south of the northern border and sitting in the board meeting they were making fun of the dudes from Swamp People for having accents meanwhile me and the other kid can barely make out every fourth word coming from this hillbillies.

Hicks love shows that paint worse off hicks in a negative-but-harmless light. It's like with Blue Collar Comedy Tour, where on the surface the idea of educated, wealthy frauds putting on a white minstrel show and making a mockery of impoverished rural whites seems like it should offend a lot of people, but what actually ends up happening is it provides a way for semi-loser whites to elevate themselves by laughing at the worse off people around them. Stuff like this is to lower-middle class whites as African minstrelsy was to the Irish.

• Like 1

Spent like $300 on stuff for around my house today. Replaced a lot of bulbs, got some night lights, a floor lamp, a cabinet, some cooking stuff. The girlfriend was over the moon as I was deciding to just buy things on the fly. It definitely feels more than $300 better in my place right now.

• Like 4

Spent like $300 on stuff for around my house today. Replaced a lot of bulbs, got some night lights, a floor lamp, a cabinet, some cooking stuff. The girlfriend was over the moon as I was deciding to just buy things on the fly. It definitely feels more than $300 better in my place right now.

Free spending like that, she might start expecting soda upgrades.

• Like 6

I've built myself a headboard and shelves for a closet this week. The headboard is very basic and cost me less than $20 (I had the stain and screws already). I built the shelves from scrap 2x4's my brother had laying around. I did spend $10 on the plywood though. Really makes that closet seem organized. The headboard really makes my bed look put together. Also, my brother's brother in law did some work for sterilite and they gave him 1,000 big sized totes that were slightly off color. I grabbed about 10 of those babies. Between those and totes I already had pretty sure I can pack up my whole apartment. If not, I can always have my brother grab me some more.

Speaking of...whenever I'm going out of town I have my brother watch Mack. Last time I asked my SIL made a fuss about me needing to help out around the farm more. I just want to remind her that it was her own sister that screwed them out of some land worth $100k+! she was set to inherit and they still watch their kids all the time so when I get $100k in the hole to them then she can start complaining.

Which, this is totally ignoring all the stuff I already do for them without ever asking for any payment, save for watching Mack occasionally.

I approve of throwing that $100K scam in her face all the time. I'd do it as a non sequitur at all gatherings.

Re: lumber:

The last person I dated before meeting my partner was weirdly clingy from early on. After only seeing xer a few times, xe invited xerself along after I told xer I had plans with my brother. The plans I had with my brother were to steal lumber from a poorly secured construction site, in order to rebuild his front steps. Xe just sat in the truck while we loaded it up. That wasn't explicitly why we brokeup, but it had to play a role. And if it weren't for the timing of that breakup, I might not have met a person who loves me enough to not judge the way I help my family. The moral of this story is to steal things in front of the gender(s) to which you're attracted, and the ones who are right for you won't have a problem with it.

If KU and IOWA ST play in KC in the Sweet 16 I'm going to just to keep one possible cyclone fan out of the building. Total BS they put Iowa state as that 5 and not Minnesota. Iowa state doesn't deserve that kind of location advantage. Only top 2 seeds should get that.

Do both. Work hard right now before you get married and have kids, and wish you would have done it when you had more free time.

I agree nows the time to do it and I don't mind the time and money commitment as long as it's going to actually be worth something. Or maybe I should spend that time getting an MBA instead. Or a masters of data analytics. I don't know.

Do you want to be a portfolio manager? Do it. If not, why would you do it?

If you take the level 1 in December, it is very hard to pass the level 2 which is offered in June, because you don't know which exam you're studying for until you're on a tight timeline.

Brv is right about the CFA, but if you're gonna go after the CFP or something, you can find time, even with a family.

I'm just worried that my resume and knowledge base isn't good enough and am trying to take demonstrable steps to improve them and CFA just seems like a decent way.

But sounds like I might as well wait until next June to take it. Thanks for saving me $1,100.