Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I definitely thought strats story was going to have a happier ending, but not THAT kind of happy.

I mean, come on.

My boss calls me over,tells me to leave my gf home, he was a little drunk, inexplicably, his wife and her friend are there watching the game, he wants me to have sex with his wife and her friend while he watches.

Dude heard about the hog

• Like 2

this morning, I remembered another instance where the ex roomie stepped up to keep me from getting any incentive comp / credit for my work. if I am asked about the situation again, I'm just going to tell the director that the current situation is blatantly unfair, and that giving the project to my ex roomie is not a step in the right direction from that perspective. it's his call, but I'm going to say that he needs to make his decision with the knowledge that it would be exacerbating an already unhealthy environment, and that I am not a complacent person.

bottom line, we do a LOT of the same things, and he is able to save like $15k quarterly, while I'm looking at 2017 for the first time I'll have money that isn't needing to immediately go into my IRA. it just isn't right.

Why not just ask your roommate why he's actively being a dick to you?

You guys are friends, correct?

Why not just ask your roommate why he's actively being a dick to you?

You guys are friends, correct?

Yeah, they aren't really friends, and it's as clear as day, dude doesn't want to do any work that doesn't have a bonus attached, so he's trying to dump the old project and do the new, bonus one. Nothing wrong with wanting more money, but dude is gonna sell Strat down the river for it. You should see if the director can offer the new project without a bonus and see how fast the friend backs away

Also love that Strat is "...2017 until all my money doesn't HAVE TO go into IRA." Love that guy

• Like 1

Just what are you people planning on doing in your retirement years? Is the theoretical concept that you've maximized your return on savings (at the cost of depriving yourself while young) really worth more than enjoying life when you're still vibrant and enchanted with the world?

I'm pretty confident that old, jaded, bored 68 year old me would tell me, now, that 68 years old ****ing sucks and to have as much fun as you can at this age, while there's still a chance in hell of actually enjoying the things you encounter, rather than being 'financially comfortable' in your old age but at a stage where its moot anyway; at that point, you're just hanging around waiting to die, regardless of how much money you have.

I think its because deep down, the vast majority of people don't accept that they're going to die. They think that life is this long, never-ending game that they have to 'prepare' for. Once you get your mind around the inevitability of death, saving for 'old age' is pretty pointless since you can always check out whenever you feel like it, if shit gets bad enough, and we know that the sheen on living most definitely wears off sometime in your 40's. The things people find meaningful in this life never cease to amaze me.

I think I'm going to write a short story.

Minus the suicide outcome, Scrammy, my man, has just echoed everything I've been blathering on about for the last 6 years.

Suck on that, losers

• Like 2

The system used to be, you came in as an entry level person, you worked crazy hours for several years, and you made $30k until you had the ability to get clients and demand a split. This worked because of the recession, the fact that they hired mostly new college grads, and because everyone went on the advisor track. Ex roomie still has that "earn your stripes" mindset despite the fact that he started getting paid bonuses for managing portfolios in his second year.

TL;dr: he thinks the old system should apply to me, like I'm some entry level college grad on an advising career track

Part of my job is doing a lot of little research projects and since I'm still figuring out our company I have a lot of questions and a lot of those times the question is "did someone f up or is this a system error?" but the person I have to ask would be the said person who probably f'd up. It's a delicate balance of not accusing her because she's nice and helpful and I don't want to be on her bad side but I also need to figure this shit out.

It's also a fabulous wealth transfer vehicle. Suck on that, poors.

one of our clients, who is like 50 years old, has a million dollar Roth IRA. I can't imagine what it would be like, to be the kid of that client, and just be gifted a ****ton of tax-free money someday.

Yall should get pensions imo.

It's adorable that you think that govt pension is gonna be there in 30 years

It's also adorable you thinking you won't be dead of cirrhosis of the liver in 30yrs

• Like 1

From what I've been hearing, cirrhosis has a lot to do with genetics, so I'm gonna bank on both that being true, and that I have non-cirrhosis getting genes. It's called being positive, dickface.

Pretty much my outlook on the pension thing too.

• Like 1

this morning, I remembered another instance where the ex roomie stepped up to keep me from getting any incentive comp / credit for my work. if I am asked about the situation again, I'm just going to tell the director that the current situation is blatantly unfair, and that giving the project to my ex roomie is not a step in the right direction from that perspective. it's his call, but I'm going to say that he needs to make his decision with the knowledge that it would be exacerbating an already unhealthy environment, and that I am not a complacent person.

bottom line, we do a LOT of the same things, and he is able to save like $15k quarterly, while I'm looking at 2017 for the first time I'll have money that isn't needing to immediately go into my IRA. it just isn't right.

i like that you're going to speak up but i would strongly advise against using the term "unfair" anywhere in your pitch. i would use the phrase "this situation is bullshit" before I would use the phrase "this situation is unfair." unfair is going to cause a dyed-in-the-wool capitalist to categorize you as a whiner. whereas, the bullshit phrase has a 50/50 shot of him mentally categorizing you as either straight forward or crass. while only one of those categories can be seen as positive they are both better than whiner. layout your case in terms of productivity, value added, created efficiencies, you know, all those bullshit buzzwords. tell him you would like to expand/modify your answer from this weekend. explain this blindsided you because you thought you really are the best fit this new role so you hadn't even considered formulating an answer for any other contingency. not a great answer but better than just letting it go i think.

• Like 2

Hank nailed it. Nobody cares about "fair". Also, don't wait for him to bring it up to talk. Go into his office and say " I was thinking about our conversation the other night and..."

• Like 2