I Called In Sick Today

So, it would appear that people are out to get you, for some reason.

I'd start documenting all of your actions and convos and with who and when. Take no chances.

Its just so weird. I think this is more a misunderstanding, because the guy running the pilot program is the one who assumed i did all that stuff. Like just ask me, dont fire off an email to the freaking head of a billiom dollar company without all the facts.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I always hated people who feel the need to CC everyone above them in a company on a small matter. It's them trying to show off and get seen in a corporate culture

The older I get, the more I wish I had my own business. Sure, you still have to eat shit from customers, but I can't imagine it's half as much shit as a corporation makes you eat if you're trying to climb up the ladder. Especially if you're not a rah rah brown nosing company person. Free thinkers that question things get killed.

Work for yourself. Hard work is for you and you can tell the occasional person to fck right off and take their shitty business elsewhere.

• Like 1

If only. I kept it civil, but said, this wasnt my idea, i didnt think it was a good idea, but i was told to check, and the situation you have put me in made me check because i can't say no to these people because you told them i have to do whatever they say. They told the national boss that i called a client. I didnt. They said i violated privacy policies. I didnt. They said i identified a relationship to move. I didnt. Its not even my relationship. I had fvck all to do with this but passing along what other people did, and then i get the blame. Fvck that.

Im very close to telling my boss im done with this pilot. This thing has been a nightmare.

So, it would appear that people are out to get you, for some reason.

I'd start documenting all of your actions and convos and with who and when. Take no chances.

Jealousy and self confidence issues on their part. Guaranteed these folks, and probably the ones from that Houston trip, were told that a hotshot fast rising new AVP (you) was going to come in and be a huge value to the team, yada, yada, yada. These other folks got butt hurt and don't want to be shown up by this interloper so trying to discredit you at every opportunity. Seen it many times from people that know damn well they aren't worth a damn but will do anything to keep the dream alive.

• Like 1

Thanks tilty, thanks ronny. Im just gonna let it go. Its over. Its done. I dont give a fvck. Im about to eat a free lunch and then fly home. So im done working today, which is nice.

Tomorrow is a new day boys. And this guy is ready to shine.

• Like 1

Don't tear it up, yet. I have a different meal on deck for tomorrow so you still might owe me.

If you're sticking with the panini and flatbread things, I think I'm safe. The actual meals can be hit or miss. I have liked quite a few, even though broccoli is a staple in a lot of them and I hate it. I pick it out after heating it

I would like $1 to come my way for every one you like

You definitely will be hungry soon

The Healthy Choice Top Chef ones are pretty good, and their heating up mechanism seems better. Grab one or two of those that appeal to you

The only knock on hitting these type of meals hard is the sodium

This was a "craveable". They were on sale so I got them.

My latest projection versus actual numbers has my numbers being a 300,000 item variance vs a 7.4m item variance which translates to 0.17% to 4.2% or approx $7,500 vs $185,000 when backtested. And my way of projecting is sooo much easier than what they did in the past it's comical. I just need to not be so lazy and combine all of this stuff into an easy to digest format for the bosses so they take it seriously.

Finally, we see the important thing, a shot of the tv. Nice model, good pixel quality. Wonderful.

That baby seems okay too.

That TV is actually an Olevia...which I don't think the manufacturer has existed in at least 5 years. It's also about 8 years old at this point, so due for an upgrade. That said, I'm impressed with the quality and durability. Going to take it upstairs to the bedroom once we get a new one for downstairs.

She's a great baby. We're hoping the next one is just as great.

Cobalt. Lose that non matching stool.

Yeah, in a formal situation, definitely. The reason it's there is that it works really well as a slightly out of reach table when feeding the baby in the high chair.

Somewhat boring day recap:

Summer's over, so wife started back to work today, which means I'm retaking the Mr. Mom mantle. Got about two months until the next baby is due. I didn't fall asleep until about 4:30am unfortunately. Woke up for a few minutes around 7am and got a drink and threw a bagel in the toaster for my wife. Baby woke up at 8:30. Gave her a bottle. She kind of went back to sleep afterwards...though there was about an hour there initially thought where I had to get up every ten minutes when she'd start crying. Finally got up and fed her some food around noon. Wife surprised us for lunch with BK before heading back. Watched a little TV and played with Evangeline. Restarted my effort to put together her chest of drawers that we bought online from Walmart. Spent like 2-3 hours on it last night and still had two drawers left. IKEA furniture is so much easier to assemble than other stuff. The issue is that the drawers have 12 screws each (and six tack nails)...and while the holes are started, they're still a pain because I don't have a drill. Palms are feeling a little raw. Almost done but didn't quite finish the last drawer because baby fell asleep and didn't want to wake her up with hammering.

I also am having BK for lunch. The bacon and cheese tender crisp is so good there that I've been getting it rather than the double whopper with cheese.

No baby dealings though. Thankfully.

I also am having BK for lunch. The bacon and cheese tender crisp is so good there that I've been getting it rather than the double whopper with cheese.

I usually get a cheeseburger, onion rings, and a Coke Icee, but I did try the bacon cheese tender crisp a couple weeks ago to mix things up and liked it enough that I got it another time recently.

And, yes, a drill would be handy when I need to hang stuff. Been procrastinating on that. The fact that one of our shelves ripped right out of the drywall in our closet from weight in the first few days has me a little spooked. Granted, it was pretty poorly anchored. The shelf that is in my daughter's room also does not look solidly hung...so I may need to try to do something to secure it more. May take a picture and get some advice. (I've hung stuff in the past...but nothing particularly weighty.)

Also get a stud finder.

Or a few of these:

857FE026-2785-41AB-A9BF-B42D19FE162C_zpsmvvs9zug.jpg

• Like 1

Also get a stud finder.

Im right here buddy, no need for the finder.

Surviver another flight. It was in question when i saw a muslim guy praying in front of my gate. The whole thing, head to the ground. Luckily he was just trying to find the sun or whatever cause he left and wasnt on my flight.

• Like 1

I can't imagine a world in which I didn't own a drill. I think I use mine almost every other day.

Go to Lowe's and buy a cordless multipack, with drill, skil-saw, Sawzall. So handy, and dirt cheap.

Dutch would tell you to spend 600 on a Dewalt, but you don't need to.

I do have a Dewalt Miter saw, which is one of my favorite tools, but I could have easily gotten a highly reviewed knockoff for less than half the price.

But a drill immediately. Also, don't be weird, like Strat, and get a corded drill. What a pain.

• Like 1

I've got a DeWalt drill and hammer drill. Love 'em. My brother has the full suite of DeWalt cordless tools. The reciprocating saw is handy but I'll take a corded jigsaw and circular saw over his cordless ones any day. Just goes through the battery too quick.

I really want a nice miter saw. My roommate has an OK hitachi one, but I'd really prefer a sliding dual compound miter saw with the laser site. So very useful on angled cuts.

• Like 1