Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

no offense, but I really wonder if we (in a societal, civilization sense), are really better off taking parenting advice from a convicted felon.

I'm not exactly some pioneering thought-leader on this. These same sentiments have been expressed far and wide from places credible and incredible. We've seen the immense consequences of rearing children to be worthless, hyper-sensitive gimps. Just now are we starting to feel the full consequence of an entire generation built up on 'feelings' facing down a world that couldn't give a **** about their feelings, their 'hopes and dreams' nor their worldview of delusional idealism.

Their incompetence and ennui won't pay the bills, especially now that a billion screaming Chinamen have entered the economic picture. All those precious little snowflakes don't stand a chance... Sorry to hear about the tough job market. Meanwhile, in Beijing, another vase sold for $60,000,000....

My own life trajectory is a result of hard choices. Some people get dealt weird hands in this life. If you were dealt my hand and *didn't* come out the other end a felon, that would probably explain a lot of your sympathetic position on the Millennials. Most of them would've sat there and cried, too.

Of course, I'm a fat heroin addict, so yeah. Not the best long term planner but my own fatalism aside, there's no doubt in my mind what we're seeing now in this generation is a result of an ideological worldview held by their parents that was off-base and failed.

• Like 3

I don't know which generation I'm a part of so I'm not sure if I should be defending the lazies or piling on to the lazies.

I bought some bomb-ass framed old school firefighter portraits at an estate sale. Right to the living room wall they went. If I still lived with a woman I would've gotten the, "oh those are nice, they'll go good in your man-cave." My whole house is a man-cave. Winner?

Goddam, can't see the print on this tiny bugger. Where was I, oh yeah estate sales. I love rifling through dead people's shit. They do it online now too, which isn't as fun but yesterday I picked up a cool wooden antique doll trunk. I'd post pictures if I could, I'm going to refurb it for the granddaughter,

Man, long week. Totally burnt out. Gotta day off and a shitload of yard work.

I wish I was one of them entitled brats. I envy their asses. But, really I thought it was a cute story about tilty

making the worker sad. In the old days the kid would have slashed your tires,

Goddam, can't see the print on this tiny bugger. Where was I, oh yeah estate sales. I love rifling through dead people's shit. They do it online now too, which isn't as fun but yesterday I picked up a cool wooden antique doll trunk. I'd post pictures if I could, I'm going to refurb it for the granddaughter,

I wish I was one of them entitled brats. I envy their asses. But, really I thought it was a cute story about tilty

And tilty would have liked it.

Adorable little scamp.

• Like 1

this chick in wolf of wall street is pure smoke. i'd kill a lot of people to get that.

You ain't kidding. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of amazing looking women and the frequency with which they got naked in that movie.

In the old days I would have handled the situation much differently. Instead of playing the caring, empathetic boss I would have told him to man the f'uck up and quit acting like a god damn woman (we're talking about 5 freaking hours lost over a two week pay period!) and made it my goal to have him sobbing by the end of our conversation.

Even my boss, who is a woman (a very liberal woman) you may remember, laughed when I told her the story of the employee expressing his sadness. I've never even have a female employee tell me losing a few hours made them sad.

Incidentely, the male employee was raised, and still lives, with his mom, aunt(s) and grandmother. Explains a lot.

The NBA rules.

They should shorten the regular season and add another couple rounds on the playoffs. Have like everyone but 4 teams in or something.

The playoffs are so great. I love that they are like every night too. Makes it even better.

The NBA rules.

They should shorten the regular season and add another couple rounds on the playoffs. Have like everyone but 4 teams in or something.

The playoffs are so great. I love that they are like every night too. Makes it even better.

The playoffs are unimaginably good this year. Regular season sports are nesseary, we just need to learn to ignore it and wait until the playoffs.

I watched like 150 regular season baseball games one summer, and it was the worst summer of my life.

You ain't kidding. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of amazing looking women and the frequency with which they got naked in that movie.

In the old days I would have handled the situation much differently. Instead of playing the caring, empathetic boss I would have told him to man the f'uck up and quit acting like a god damn woman (we're talking about 5 freaking hours lost over a two week pay period!) and made it my goal to have him sobbing by the end of our conversation.

Even my boss, who is a woman (a very liberal woman) you may remember, laughed when I told her the story of the employee expressing his sadness. I've never even have a female employee tell me losing a few hours made them sad.

Incidentely, the male employee was raised, and still lives, with his mom, aunt(s) and grandmother. Explains a lot.

Though I am from the generation responsible for the lazy brats, as a boss over them for many years, my credo to them was pretty much, "own your own business". Sales people will always whine and blame everything on anything but themselves.

I pretty much kept the same track with my kids, substituting "life" for "work". Own it. Be responsible for it. You get out what you put in. Learn from your mistakes, etc.

Then again, I was still only partly successful. I did get a nurse, but on the downside I also got a lawyer. Hey, you do the best you can.

Man, I've been busy and out of touch lately, but baseball is having playoffs already? Seems like it just started.

Gotta help the step-kid move today. She is actually 30 today and bought her first house. She is a nurse as well, but yeah she's also lazy. Her B/F is 42 and also a nurse but even more lazy. He's the epitome of the lazy kids today even if he should be from the prior generation. My wife has been going over every night helping them pack and clean and move small stuff. He was off Saturday and played video games with his kids all day. He's an enabler to the future brats it guess.

I wish I had a picture of the wall he stayed up all night painting, or I should say priming to paint. It looks like a 3rd grade went to town. Hilarious.

I find it helpful when dealing with people to use Hitch's advice. Think of them as mammals when you talk to them.

• Like 1

The NBA rules.

While I understand what you're saying, the NBA playoffs already lasts 2 freaking months. Clearly the regular season means nothing in the NBA. Maybe they should just do away with the boring 82 regular season games and just have a huge round robin tournament that lasts 6 months.

Though I am from the generation responsible for the lazy brats, as a boss over them for many years, my credo to them was pretty much, "own your own business". Sales people will always whine and blame everything on anything but themselves.

I pretty much kept the same track with my kids, substituting "life" for "work". Own it. Be responsible for it. You get out what you put in. Learn from your mistakes, etc.

Then again, I was still only partly successful. I did get a nurse, but on the downside I also got a lawyer. Hey, you do the best you can.

Exactly. I use the same axiom with my team about owning their business, their development and their careers. But the vast majority think they should get promoted because they've been there the "longest" and think they deserve large raises because they are "Never late or call in sick". THAT'S WHY YOU STILL HAVE A FREAKING JOB YOU IDIOT!!

But to Ronnies point, I doubt that part is specific to this generation.

Every older generation has said what you just did about the younger generations since the beginning of time

Yep. I didnt have to walk to school eight miles....uphill both directions of course.... have to chop wood, gather eggs, feed cattle, and shovel out the outhouse before leaving every morning. I had a ten year old truck, second hand store clothes, wal mart shoes, and sold beer cans found in the ditches to buy gas and oil for the clapped out rig you could see asphalt through the floorboards. Dad always said I didnt know how good I had it

I did have it good compared to him. Ive walked the path he took to school a few times. From his front porch to the remains of the old school house is a long damn way. Taking roads would be twice as far so he short cut through the woods. Geez... imagine a little fellow in the cold of winter arriving at school half frozen and holding back tears because his hands hurt so bad from holding them next to the wood stove.

So as usual I was the exception... I didnt fuss and whine about much at all growing up. Came out of the ordeal just fine with a heavy dose of self depreciating humor to show for it. Hell, pop was right. I could have had it much worse. The deal was, and we all know it now, I was comparing myself to the others at school with their fancy clothes and cars. As it turns out, my dad could have had it much worse as well. Back in the mid thirties a lot of kids died around the hills from malnutrition, sickness, and some from "suspicious" circumstances

But ya never know. I remember one kid sitting in algebra class watching a political figures kid doing burnouts in a Ferrari O-eight one day. Such a pretty little thing. Too bad the idiot was burning out the expensive clutch attempting to make the forty eight valve engine do something it didnt have the low rpm torque to do. That kid would have three some day down the road. The idiot would end up breaking into numerous pharmacys over the years to support an opioid habit. Think hes dead now. Not sure

So yeah, my kid knows all the stories. I share them with the hope he realizes the same thing I did at an early age... you arent promised a damn thing in life. If you are fortunate enough to be born without a debilitating handicap thats a much better start than most. The way I see it, anyone having a sharp mind that goes through a normal lifespan without achieving something great has

Finish the sentence in your own words...

The result is what we see; an entire generation of emotionally retarded idiots with no skills (since they were all told they were going to grow up to be the President after their career as an astronaut)

They're the first generation of 360 degree tech natives so their best and brightest offer something novel as far as technology goes but the remaining 99% are completely ****ed. None of them know how to do business, how to turn a wrench, how to screen hookers for undercover policewomen, how to sink a fence post so it doesn't move, how to not get conned in a trade, how to fix a broken chair. They were walled off from reality as children, then thrown into it head first.

This shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Thats not a new thing... its been around forever. Even back in my dads day. Back then it was almost always the "runt" of the litter babied silly by his mommy. One of my examples is above.

Also, I have an archery range in my house, and the only pushback I've gotten about it is, "don't shoot the good cat"

I set up a temporary indoor shooting range. Once. I was sighting in a night vision scope on a suppressed twenty two. Leaned two phone books against the far wall and shot from the kitchen island forty five feet away

Usually it was done outside using a burning match as a target but it was too windy and the trophy deer was spotted just down the road. After several shots the wife started smelling burnt gunpowder upstairs and put a stop to it....

I covered the holes in the sheetrock with a dummy electrical plug and plate. She still asks to this day why that one dont work

i've played around with cam whores

Back in my day we had to stalk them in person. Outside. In the cold. Uphill both ways

There are still parents teaching those things. By his premise, doesn't that make you fall into the category of bad parent if your kids can't do those things. Not that I think that's correct. I do tend to agree that things have changed, some good, some bad. I got hit and beat as a kid. Do some kids need a smack? Probably, but that doesn't make it right to smack and belt kids.

So, kids need to "toughen up"? How does that happen? What makes that plan work?

Like Bo said to frog...."When you tell somebody something, it depends on just where in the country youre standin as to just how dumb ya are"

Same thing goes for teaching kids. A new yorker living in an apartment and taking a cab to work everyday wont teach his kid how to rebuild a chevy three fifty. Ya-da-ya-da-ya...

I have no idea what any of those answers are, btw

Neither do I...

Im just time killin. Had a first ever early this morning. My first implosion. Thats right. IM-plosion...

Built a vacuum bagging setup for my carbon fiber parts out of a two horse compressor. Apparently the canister I was using for the suction switch malfunctioned. The sound and things that happened in and around the room was....odd to say the least....

no offense, but I really wonder if we (in a societal, civilization sense), are really better off taking parenting advice from a convicted felon.

Yeah, but from what Ive read from the guy, Id hire him in a heart beat. Sharp as a tack

He says "I wanted to let you know that when I saw my schedule and my hours had but cut that it made me very sad"

Oh my God the laughs that would get around these parts...

I'm a fat heroin addict

Seriously, this could be his cover letter and Id already have his key to the mens room issued....

• Like 1

@beans

I started this practice before I even took a single lesson, so it's pretty miraculous that I haven't caused any real damage yet. I got some sandbags to function as a backstop, but not until recently.

Yeah, but from what Ive read from the guy, Id hire him in a heart beat. Sharp as a tack

Seriously, this could be his cover letter and Id already have his key to the mens room issued....

Scram just had all of MY dreams come true.

I'd like to additionally point out that it wasn't just parenting that the Me generation proved to be catastrophically bad at. The greedy, lazy, selfish decisions they've made are (along with the development of the rest of the world) responsible for the nation I love losing so much of its economic greatness and its international reputation. I'm not really sure if their ridiculously self-oblivious and history-oblivious issues with the younger generations are just standard old people stuff, the way it irks 22yos seeing a 6yo with an iPhone, or if it's some kind of embarrassment/projection/deflection/scapegoating, as time has begun to reveal even to them the gravity of the things they've done. But neither of those are particularly excusable, and I hope you guys don't take it personally in 5 years when we cut off your social security to finance a skateboard contest.

• Like 1

I feel like Beans write up was meant to agree with Ron but it read more like it was helping make Hank and my points.

Whatever, parents suck, kids suck and always will.

Since SA gave the go ahead I'm going to put in for the position in Mississippi.

• Like 2

While I understand what you're saying, the NBA playoffs already lasts 2 freaking months. Clearly the regular season means nothing in the NBA. Maybe they should just do away with the boring 82 regular season games and just have a huge round robin tournament that lasts 6 months.

Yeah but what would they call it? Oh, I know - how about "the regular season"?

Whatever, parents suck, kids suck and always will.

Yeah, I was hoping my generation could be chill enough to break the cycle, but as I pointed out with the whole hating on kids with iPhones concept, I'm already seeing the same bitterness and fear and jealousy trickling down to my peers and even younger. It's a sick, sad world.

Yeah but what would they call it? Oh, I know - how about "the regular season"?

No, a tournament. Start with 30 teams and just play best of fives, eliminating the losers along the way, until one team come out on top.

I mean, this is the league that uses random ping pong balls to choose their draft order. My idea isn't nearly that dumb.

No, a tournament. Start with 30 teams and just play best of fives, eliminating the losers along the way, until one team come out on top.

I mean, this is the league that uses random ping pong balls to choose their draft order. My idea isn't nearly that dumb.

The balls are just a primitive system for weighting the odds. They could do it a different way, all statistically identical, but I imagine people find RNGs less satisfying to live stream than the ping pong balls. Though probably not by a ton.

Now if you wanna talk wholesale elimination of a draft, I'm down with that.

Or, I don't know, go by worst record. It's worked pretty well for the NFL, and MLB. Fact is I couldn't care less about the NBA, unless it was called the NHL, so I don't really care.

Of all the chain restaurants, is there any debate that Round Table is the clear favorite when it comes to taste (since they're definitely on the high end for price?)

Or, I don't know, go by worst record. It's worked pretty well for the NFL, and MLB. Fact is I couldn't care less about the NBA, unless it was called the NHL, so I don't really care.

Of all the chain restaurants, is there any debate that Round Table is the clear favorite when it comes to taste (since they're definitely on the high end for price?)

I imagine they do it to discourage tanking, which given the way positional specificity (among other things) works in baseball and football is less of a concern.

Cleary it's not working though, which is one more reason to eliminate the draft.

• Like 1

Meh, I actually think each generation comes away progressively smarter and the internet is doing wonders. Nothing's perfect and the brain is a funky thing full of millions of years of evolved nonsense tugging us every which way. Sadness is sadness regardless. I kind of appreciate a kid sharing honestly how he felt vs whining and bitching behind your back. It's kind of pansie-ass but it's also tough to be honest and share as well. This isn't to say they should understand and appreciate hard work.

Someone else should read Eggers newest novel- The Circle- interesting stuff.

I'm sorer than a two bit Mexican whore at Cinco de Mayo donkey-fest. Hope I'm done with movie' kids for a while. I pity brvy.

Meh, I actually think each generation comes away progressively smarter and the internet is doing wonders. Nothing's perfect and the brain is a funky thing full of millions of years of evolved nonsense tugging us every which way. Sadness is sadness regardless. I kind of appreciate a kid sharing honestly how he felt vs whining and bitching behind your back. It's kind of pansie-ass but it's also tough to be honest and share as well. This isn't to say they should understand and appreciate hard work.

Someone else should read Eggers newest novel- The Circle- interesting stuff.

I'm sorer than a two bit Mexican whore at Cinco de Mayo donkey-fest. Hope I'm done with movie' kids for a while. I pity brvy.

I think hard work for the sake of hard work is the most psycho concept since amateurism, personally. I don't think that's a generational thing, though, I think it's a concept sold to suckers that isn't reinforced that much anymore, now that we can just pay the Chinese to do everything.

I loved Egger's memoir thing, but never enjoyed the official fiction of his I've read.